PDA

View Full Version : AP Prices

paulca
10-24-2004, 10:42 AM
oct 24, 2004

I am not only a cast member but also a Premium Annual Passholder along with my wife. I read the article in the paper on oct 16, 2004 about the prices going up the following monday and called Disneyland Guest relations that day and was told by a cast member whose name i have the becasue my pass and that of my wife expire in december 2004 i could renew in november at the lower price s0 I did not go before the following monday to get a pass now I find out that what the cast member said was not correct and that I would have to pay the new higher price. I do not agree with this as i am sorry that the cast member said what she did but I have her name and what she said and i want to renew the Passport at the old price come November....any suggestions?

Thomas
10-24-2004, 09:55 PM
Whew!!! Did you take a breath when you wrote that. I am winded just reading that second sentence.

SoCalSteven
10-24-2004, 11:04 PM
AFAIK, you can't get it at the lower price. You are stuck with the new price.

BTW, if you are a CM, why on earth do you need and AP?

Thomas
10-25-2004, 08:35 PM
he/she is not a cm. You can tell by the post.

Forbin
10-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Considering CM's don't need APs?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-25-2004, 09:47 PM
oct 24, 2004

I am not only a cast member but also a Premium Annual Passholder along with my wife... Poster says they are a CM in the first sentence, but that makes no sense to have an AP then!

cstephens
10-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Poster says they are a CM in the first sentence, but that makes no sense to have an AP then!

Actually, it would, depending. If someone is a lower level CM, they still have blockout dates when they can't enter the park, so someone who doesn't want to deal with that could get a premium AP. Or, if they're interested in AP events and merchandise, they might get an AP for that reason.

Pirate Bill
10-26-2004, 08:25 PM
Actually, it would, depending. If someone is a lower level CM, they still have blockout dates when they can't enter the park, so someone who doesn't want to deal with that could get a premium AP. Or, if they're interested in AP events and merchandise, they might get an AP for that reason.
Just curious, but if this were the case would they still have to pay the full premium ap price or would it be discounted in some way?

cstephens
10-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Just curious, but if this were the case would they still have to pay the full premium ap price or would it be discounted in some way?

I am not under the impression that there are CM discounts on APs, so they'd have to pay full price.

experiment626
10-27-2004, 07:15 PM
The poster could be a CM for a Disney Store. They didn't say they worked at the Parks.

I believe the only way you could renew for the old price is if you got your renew forms in the mail with the old prices.

Thomas
10-31-2004, 02:15 PM
Not to drag this on, but he says he works at DCA in another post.

kbanmen
11-16-2004, 12:25 PM
he/she is not a cm. You can tell by the post.

He is a Cast memeber, I should know I work with him. If I had the $$ I too would buy a premimun pass as there are no blakout dates, unlike our cast members gate passes where there are some blakouts..

bluepearl
11-16-2004, 12:33 PM
Yeah, the Main Gate Passes have blackout dates, but have blackout dates on actual CM IDs been posted? I said in another post before, I asked a Main Gate CM if the IDs were blocked out on NYE and she said that the IDs don't get blocked out. That means the CM him/herself can only get in. My friend and I got in on July 4th two years ago (I know that things have probably changed since then), but not after talking to a Main Gate lead to get tickets for the FP machines.

And I had an AP for several months while I was a CM, six months to be exact. I found that it was easier to get in with my AP without having to get a pass to hop and I didn't have to get my hand stamped for re-entry. I would've renewed but I couldn't stomach the $200+ when I already had my ID.

kbanmen
11-16-2004, 12:46 PM
Yeah, the Main Gate Passes have blackout dates, but have blackout dates on actual CM IDs been posted? I said in another post before, I asked a Main Gate CM if the IDs were blocked out on NYE and she said that the IDs don't get blocked out. That means the CM him/herself can only get in. My friend and I got in on July 4th two years ago (I know that things have probably changed since then), but not after talking to a Main Gate lead to get tickets for the FP machines.

And I had an AP for several months while I was a CM, six months to be exact. I found that it was easier to get in with my AP without having to get a pass to hop and I didn't have to get my hand stamped for re-entry. I would've renewed but I couldn't stomach the $200+ when I already had my ID.

Yes I think our ID for cast memebers arent blacked out, just the main gate passes. My husband bought himself a deluxe pass (as I work graveyard at california adventure)...this way he could take the kids while I am sleeping, otherwise I would have to go with him with the maingate. I think the deluxe almost has the same blakout dates as the main gate anyways...He bought his pass for $179 then it jumped in price to $209, I think it is crazy. The preminum is not $329 a year..UGH!! I wonder if this is happening due to the 50th coming up, makes you wonder doesnt it

DonaldDuck14
11-16-2004, 12:50 PM
Yeah they are NO blockout days on CM ID's. How do I know this? well I am a CM and there is nothing posted anywhere about blockout days for our ID's. However, maingate passes (used to get family and friends in for free) do have blockouts. So that So-called "CM" is lame worrying about buying another pass...especially a premium one. Even if he or she was seasonal, you could still use your ID.

kbanmen
11-16-2004, 01:00 PM
Yeah they are NO blockout days on CM ID's. How do I know this? well I am a CM and there is nothing posted anywhere about blockout days for our ID's. However, maingate passes (used to get family and friends in for free) do have blockouts. So that So-called "CM" is lame worrying about buying another pass...especially a premium one. Even if he or she was seasonal, you could still use your ID.

Yes your right...maybe he could have gotten one just for his wife..but then with a preminum you get alot of good things like 35% discounts. You cant get that as a cm until you have been there for 3 years..

experiment626
11-16-2004, 01:05 PM
then with a preminum you get alot of good things like 35% discounts.
Where can you get a 35% discount with an AP? The best I have seen is 10%.

kbanmen
11-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Where can you get a 35% discount with an AP? The best I have seen is 10%.

I had a premimun a year ago.. I remember get 35% discount at ARiels grotto at california adventure

experiment626
11-16-2004, 02:44 PM
They must have changed it then because it is 15% now. But very few are more then 10%.

kbanmen
11-16-2004, 02:46 PM
They must have changed it then because it is 15% now. But very few are more then 10%.

they must have..I thought I had the premimun last year (think it was 2 years or so ago)

cstephens
11-16-2004, 04:11 PM
I had a premimun a year ago.. I remember get 35% discount at ARiels grotto at california adventure

If you got a 35% discount at Ariel's Grotto with a premium AP, there was either some kind of special promotion going on or you were given an extra discount by mistake. Premium APs get 10% at food locations except for sit-down, where it's a 15% discount.

kbanmen
11-16-2004, 04:13 PM
If you got a 35% discount at Ariel's Grotto with a premium AP, there was either some kind of special promotion going on or you were given an extra discount by mistake. Premium APs get 10% at food locations except for sit-down, where it's a 15% discount.

Maybe there was a deal or something...or maybe they did make a MISTAKE..oh well...it was a good deal

Thomas
11-16-2004, 05:24 PM
He is a Cast memeber, I should know I work with him. If I had the $$ I too would buy a premimun pass as there are no blakout dates, unlike our cast members gate passes where there are some blakouts..

So let's see....you join this month and come right to this post? OK.

kbanmen
11-16-2004, 05:25 PM
So let's see....you join this month and come right to this post? OK.

I am sorry, I am not sure what you are talking about? (I am blond)