PDA

View Full Version : Whenever I see that Grizzly in DCA......

Pages : [1] 2

zapppop
11-28-2001, 08:26 PM
....I think of Statler and Waldorf ( the 2 grumpy old men in the balcony ) from MuppetVision 3D

" ....it's that dumb bear again ! "

Julie
11-28-2001, 09:08 PM
LOL.

I was on that ride one time with someone who thought the bear was actually a wolf.

Nigel2
11-28-2001, 09:59 PM
I know, a friend of mine (I will explain to you how dumb he is in a moment) also thinks its a wolf eventhough wolves have little to do with a ride called Grizzly River Run. Ok here is what he did at disneyland once (he doesn't go often) first he locked his keys in the car, with the engine running and to top it off his jacket was caught in the door. I swear I am not making this up.

winniepooh
11-28-2001, 10:39 PM
I remember when I vsited Disneyland in June 2000, when walking by the DCA construction I said something "wauw that wolf looks cool, DCA is going to be great"..
How little I knew back then....

Crazytigger
11-29-2001, 02:35 AM
I still think it looks like a wolf

80S ERA
11-29-2001, 06:30 AM
They could re-name it to:

"Hungry Like the Wolf"

Sponsored by Duran Duran

Ghoulish Delight
11-29-2001, 07:02 AM
Now that I KNOW it's a bear, I kinda sorta see how they might have thought they were making a bear. But it still looks like a wolf.

Introduction to Wild Animals 101
Professor Ghoulish Delight

Lesson 1: GRIZZLY BEARS DON'T HOWL!!

Mad Madam Mim
11-29-2001, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2

Ok here is what he did at Disneyland once (he doesn't go often) first he locked his keys in the car, with the engine running

I go all the time and I've done that... YES THE ENGINE WAS RUNNING... no coat though, cell phone was still in the car.

(sorry to have drifted from the original thread about the grizzly of which I don't have any thoughts about what so ever... why... it's just a big grizzly/wolf looking thing) ;)

mad4mky
11-29-2001, 07:50 AM
My 15 year old....(she has Down Syndrome)...insists its a wolf. Nothing will change her mind about that....

Now, I tell you, with all of these opinions stating it looks like a wolf....something went wrong with their building of it.

I think after looking for a while, it does look like a bear. A bear howling.;)

MammaSilva
11-29-2001, 07:55 AM
LOL I think that those of us that can see the "grizzly" have wonderful imaginations....I showed my husband (total muggle here) a picture of us with the "bear" in the background..his first words were...ooohhh cool wolf LOL....we see the bear because we are "supposed" to see the bear :)

Friend of Mickey
11-29-2001, 01:40 PM
I think Grizzly Peak looks very wolf-like in pictures, but more bear-like when you're actually there. I, too, think they blew it, as many people think it's a wolf. C'mon--a more obvious bear would be perfect for a California themed park.

totbellhop
11-29-2001, 05:06 PM
I never, ever, thought it was a wolf, I always thought it was a bear, the position, the body, everything, I know bears don't howl. but if you've seen the early DCA comercials, you could see that it is actually growling. I think it looks very cool, but takes almost the half of DCA space, maybe they could have made it smaller.

Not Afraid
11-29-2001, 06:18 PM
I'm not sure what I think it looks like.

However, it just occured to me that we don't have Grizzlys in California. Haven't for over 100 years. I realize that there's a grizzly on the state flag but that was done in 1846. There are plenty of brown bears roaming the state. I guess the concept of grizzly is easier to market.

zapppop
11-29-2001, 08:46 PM
I knew before the park opened that it was gonna be the "grizzly river run" so I knew it was a bear.

Nigel2
11-29-2001, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Mad Madam Mim

I go all the time and I've done that... YES THE ENGINE WAS RUNNING... no coat though, cell phone was still in the car.

Since you have had that happen do they still do the free AAA stuff like getting the keys out? (I believe they use to do that, I have almost locked my keys in but my car doesn't lock the doors when 1 is open, lucky me)

HBTiggerFan
11-29-2001, 10:53 PM
I remember seeing it as DCA was being built, and I thought it was Pride Rock!! From the Lion King!!! And I remember seeing the Orange Stinger, being built. Saw things spinning at night. We (my firend and I) thought it was some really cool ride where the inside spun while the outside spun or something innoventive like that. WE were WRONG!!!!!

SimpTwister
11-30-2001, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Since you have had that happen do they still do the free AAA stuff like getting the keys out? (I believe they use to do that, I have almost locked my keys in but my car doesn't lock the doors when 1 is open, lucky me)

I left my lights on at Magic Mountain a couple of years ago and drained my battery.

I got the attention of one of the lot attendants (up in his tower), and they came right out and took care of me, no charge.

...so they BETTER help with similar problems at DL!!!

Nigel2
11-30-2001, 12:11 AM
How long ago did that happen?

SimpTwister
11-30-2001, 12:19 AM
I was in town for E3... June of 99, I guess.

tabacco
11-30-2001, 12:53 AM
Disney Security will help you out with locked-in keys no problem, as long as you're parked on disney property (obviously :)).

Crazytigger
11-30-2001, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by SimpTwister

I left my lights on at Magic Mountain a couple of years ago and drained my battery.

I got the attention of one of the lot attendants (up in his tower), and they came right out and took care of me, no charge.

...so they BETTER help with similar problems at DL!!!

Thats exactly why I drive a stick shift

Nigel2
11-30-2001, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
Disney Security will help you out with locked-in keys no problem, as long as you're parked on disney property (obviously :)).

Darn, will they unlock other people's cars for me?:D

zapppop
11-30-2001, 09:48 PM
Not during work hours.

Nigel2
11-30-2001, 10:13 PM
Heck with photoshop, a photo of a guard and any farm animal you can get them to unlock all the cars you want.:D

zapppop
11-30-2001, 10:14 PM
Or have a few cheap laughs.