PDA

View Full Version : Rude guests

Pages : [1] 2

averagedork
10-23-2004, 10:21 PM
Ever go to the park and just someone at the park is so rude your jaw drops?

Today I was trying to get from the Hollywood backlot to the exit midway through the Electrical Parade. There was a tiny walk way and I was with my group. Well this bigger lady just grabs my chest (and I'm a girl) and pushes me! I was so stunned that my mind just figured she lost her kid. No! I had been separated from my group and my friend said she pushed her too. I was totally stunned. I've never had another guest be so intentionally rude and she didn't even apologize. She got to 1st base w/ me. Anyone else have that? Or something just rude?

gr8onesgir1
10-24-2004, 06:32 AM
You should have told a cm. We could of called security on her. Also, I was working that area last night I was ot. I was so tired, but you could seen me with 2 other cm playing with our flashlights.

I Heart Disneyland!
10-24-2004, 09:36 AM
Oh boy---don't get me going! ha! :eek: I've had strollers run over my heels, I've had people push, shove and basically run me down! People sometimes lose their brains at the main gate at DL. In the book Mouse Tales it talks about how a person's I.Q. drops when they enter DL, (because they are so excited, and just get so caught up) it seems to be true in some cases! ha! :D I think the worst are the people who are just pushing you, and they seem to have no clue that this is NOT okay to do to another human being. My huge pet peeve at DL are the people who stop, dead center, in the middle of a walkway and don't "get it" that they are blocking a whole flow of traffic.

Phew--that felt good to unload. haha! :D

PineapplePrincess
10-24-2004, 09:55 AM
I am sorry that happened to you.
One time I was in a big crowd trying to get to the IASW area. It was total gridlock by the teacups and Storybook, and this rude guy started to smash the stroller he was pushing into my legs. Not only that, but he started swearing and telling me to hurry the Fluffy up, among other things. *smash* hurry up *smash* why the heck aren't you going faster you slow cow. I tell you, I was ready to just turn around and tell him a thing or two, but I just ignored him and tried to get out of his way. He then started smashing into someone else's legs. :mad:

Hakuna Makarla
10-24-2004, 10:09 AM
Being from a smaller town I do not encounter this often, but I did 2 times that florred me. Once when I was in cape cod and we were at a grocery store. I was trying to wait for the lasdy ahead of me as she was chatting with a friend. here in my town we just get patient and wait. But on the cape some lady in back of my starts shoving her cart at my behind. She hurt my leg and kept it up.I turned around a few times and said excuse me your cart is hitting me,But she kept it up! I turned to her and quietly said " I am sure you are not meaning to do this, but the next time you shove your cart and wack me I am going to throw you in it and shoved it so far you will be several isles away!! She took off so fast she left her cart! I just moved along and got what I needed done. Later my friend told me they were like that there. Rich people thinking people have to move for them. She told me it happens all the time.

Also at disneyland some woman was wearing a fantasia hat ( a cone hat) her and several at her table. We could not see in front of us and there was no way to watch the fantasmic show so we asked them real nice to please take off the hats so we could watch the show, The woman in front of me refused and even gave me a snort! well I just spoke nicely and said" remove it or we will haveit removed by the cm. She did and she was mad! The rest of the people at the table were nice, she was to rude for words.

averagedork
10-24-2004, 11:16 AM
You should have told a cm. We could of called security on her. Also, I was working that area last night I was ot. I was so tired, but you could seen me with 2 other cm playing with our flashlights.

You guys can call security? I didn't know that! I just went to my friend and told her what happened and she was like "the lady in the red disney sweater that looked to be the size of a cow? Yeah she pushed me too.". We were walking to the car coming up with clever and witty things to say, after the fact.

DCAWhites
10-24-2004, 12:32 PM
I know the tiny walkway during the parade you are talking about and quite honestly it sucks! I don't know why after a year being like that guest control doesn't fix it! Get rollaways and ropes to make sure it doesn't get too narrow or make a crossover right at hollywood blvd to the sunshine plaza, so they can use that crossover than cross over from the sunshine plaza to the entrance.

redgryphen
10-24-2004, 01:16 PM
There was one time when me, my little brother, my mom, and my dad were sitting down amongest a group of people waiting for fantasmic to start. We were settled right in front of the lower oneway walkway that the cm's put up for traffic and right besides a trashcan. Well everyone there had been sitting and waitting for a good half an hour. A couple mintues before fantasmic started this middle-age couple forces their way into the area. Well there was definitly no room for them but they seem to be the only ones who didnt realize that. They actualy hit up against the other side of the trash can we were next to and knocked a waterbottle onto the head of someone. Did they say sorry? Umm no. Well my mom seeing this kindly told them there was no room for them and that they knocked the waterbottle on someone's head. The couple didnt seem to care. A cm soon heard the camotion and came over and politly ask what the problem was. My mom and dad explained the situation and the cm told us he would talk to the couple but he couldnt kick them out of the area. The cm talked to the couple and then left. A couple minutes later the cm returned with 4 mickey ice cream sandwhichs for us. I thought the gesture was great but I kinda felt bad because everyone else around us had to deal with the couple also. We declind the sandwhiches but he insisted and so we enjoyed them whilel watching fantasmic. Although the couple put a damper on that the the cm made our night much more enjoyable.

LilmissTinkerbell
10-24-2004, 03:59 PM
I cannot tell you how many times I have been run over by a stroller or pushed by someone. The worst thing however was the only time my BF and I decided to watch the fireworks by the castle. Afterwards, we were trying to get out of that horribly crowded area, and some rude mom pushed her way past us and ran over my foot with her stroller and in the process made my big toe bleed. She didn't even say she was sorry. My Bf got so mad, he caught up to her, and said, you ran over my GF and made her foot bleed, she told him, well then, she should have gotten out of the way. OMG! What an example for her kids! When we finally made it out of the jam, we found a CM and told them what happened, but I don't think they could do that much at that point. Needless to say, we have not watched the fireworks in front of the castle since then.

Disney Vault
10-24-2004, 05:52 PM
I don't know what is wrond with some people. I have never had something like that happen and it better not because I don't get mad, I get even. :D

sleepyjeff
10-24-2004, 08:38 PM
waiting for fantasmic to start.

What is it about Fantasmic that makes people unbelieveably stupid/rude? About 9 years ago---Fantasmic was super popular---my wife and I along with my in-laws were seated front row center waiting for Fantasmic to start. We staked out our spot nearly 4 hours early. With less than a half hour to go this large group of people decided to step over 8 - 10 rows of people and make there way over to us. They stood in front of us a couple of minutes(we were a little dumbfounded, and thought they were just looking at the water and would go away soon) when a cm told them they had to sit down. As some of them started to sit(in our laps practically) a chorus of NOs could be heard all around us. They saw the looks everyone was giving them and retreated. :eek:

DCACM
10-24-2004, 10:33 PM
I know the tiny walkway during the parade you are talking about and quite honestly it sucks! I don't know why after a year being like that guest control doesn't fix it! Get rollaways and ropes to make sure it doesn't get too narrow or make a crossover right at hollywood blvd to the sunshine plaza, so they can use that crossover than cross over from the sunshine plaza to the entrance.

When we first opened we used poles and ropes like they do in Disneyland. Too many kids were getting "clotheslined" (even with flags all over the ropes). Since our walkways are larger than Dland's it was decided we didn't need the ropes and poles. So now all ya get is tape!

That section of Sunshine Plaza is notorious for ugly bottlenecks. To keep that area free and flowing, we rely on cooperative guests, a human wall of parade viewers, and assertive CMs.

If a crossover is added near the Hollywood gate, then we'd end up with angry guests trapped in the Sunshine Plaza island and 2 more bottlenecks. Keeping the walkway open is the lesser of the evils.

The only way to fix it is to rip out that planter and expand the walkway, or restrict it to one way traffic only - people leaving Hollywood as Hollywood is usually closed by the time the parade starts anyway.

CoasterChickie
10-24-2004, 10:49 PM
Average Dork...what that lady did to you and your friend was totally inappropriate and probably against the law. It sounds like she was on drugs or something. I wish a CM had witnessed the incident. If anything like that ever happens again, you should definitely tell security. What a weirdo!

Disney Vault
10-25-2004, 02:23 PM
A little off topic but does DL have camera around the property? I know they are all over the rides but what about the path ways?

Mr.Incredible
10-25-2004, 04:00 PM
Well, I can't tell you how many times I've experienced rude guests at Disneyland. Both as a guest and as a cast member. You just have to chalk it up to the shallow end of the gene pool and go about your business. There's nothing you can do, unless you are physically assaulted, as AverageDork was. Security definately should have been called in. Just remember that next time that happens, find the nearest CM and have them call Security. Make sure to get a good description of the person and have an eyewitness to the event.

Stroller Wars are always fun too, people seem to think that just because they have a stroller it gives them precedence over everyone else. If anything, it should make them more aware of the people around them. It doesn't, of course, which is why I always end up with a scratched up or bruised leg EVERY time I go to DL.

Justin

AlohaJulie
10-25-2004, 05:58 PM
I'm not a parent, but the last thing I'd want to do with a stroller if my kid were in it, is use it as a bulldozer to get through the crowd!

People are so incredibly rude at Disneyland and it really seeps over into their kids. I've been mowed down, pushed, poked, grabbed, you name it at the parks.

There was one time on Tarzan's Treehouse that a young girl of about 5 years old came trampling down the stairs after my friend and I and shoving us out the way. Btw, her parents were no where around - no one was calling for her (as if she had lagged behind or gotten far ahead) and the she proceeds to shove the guy and his two very young children in front of us out of the way. Since the man in front of us was getting a little agitated with the girl, but unable to do anything because he was worried about his own little ones, I told the little girl to "Say excuse me!" and she yelled at the top of her lungs "I DID!" very angrily. Nice manners.

DisneyMelissa
10-25-2004, 07:51 PM
We had a guy in the front of Pirates who thought it was really funny to keep turning around and taking flash pictures of his friends during the ride. I had to say loudly twice that there were NO FLASH PICTURES before he finally gave it up.

After the Electrical Parade I was bashed in the foot by a stroller and it bent my toenail back and starting bleeding. Do you think the guy who hit me bothered to apologize? Of course not, he just kept going and proceeded to ram at least one other person that I saw.

averagedork
10-25-2004, 08:44 PM
Average Dork...what that lady did to you and your friend was totally inappropriate and probably against the law. It sounds like she was on drugs or something.

She was a 40 plus big lady so I doubt she was on drugs, and she only "grabbed" me. She was on a mission.

Oh strollers! Don't get me started... one time my friend (same friend coincidentally enough) were walking down Main Street. In front of us was a pair of sisters. It was right in the middle of the street where the metal is for the trollies and this lady with a stroller bumps the larger of the two girls (she was holding her arms down around her sister like a backwards hug almosts) in the calfs and makes her fall, which drags the little sister down too. Both nearly hitting their heads on the metal. The woman didn't even apologize. If you have a kid in a stroller that's fine. Disney is a kid place and all, but these kids witness every action you do and if you're using their stroller as a battery ram to mow down folks, your kids will pick up how to treat people.

adriennek
10-25-2004, 09:22 PM
Hi, My Name is Adrienne. I'm a mom of three, I have three strollers and I've used them all at Disneyland. I've hit people with my stroller but never intentionally and I can't ever remember hitting someone because they were in my way and I had to storm beyond me. I've hit people because they cut me off and I couldn't stop in time. I don't wish for anyone to be hit but I have to say that I do have to wonder how many times people have been hit because they cut someone off. Oh, and when I have hit someone, I apologize profusely.

There have been times I WANTED to hit people for being rude to me, but I haven't. On one of my more recent trips, I was struggling to keep up with my family. Yes, for those of you who don't have experience pushing strollers, it's not easy to maneuver a stroller through a crowd at Disneyland- especially on Main Street with the tracks running down the street!!

Anyway, on this trip, I was trying to keep up with my husband and son. Main Street wasn't that crowded but it was "full-ish". A group of individuals whose age I won't mention (I hate to generalize...) decided that I wasn't moving fast enough for them and then passed me and then cut in front of me.

I didn't hit them. I said, "EXCUSE ME!" (just loud enough so they could hear me) "You just cut me off from my husband, can you let me through, please?" Fortunately, they did.

Strollers are not always powered by mean, horrible thoughtless parents, and long ago I grew tired of generalizations. SOME people are rude with strollers. Not all. Yes, strollers are a part of life at Disneyland.

Adrienne

JTSnowFan
10-25-2004, 10:26 PM
I'd say the worst guest experience that I've seen was last week. A woman walked up to a CM and asked to speak to the person in charge. When the Cm told her that he was the person in charge, she continued to tell him about a cast member (whom by the way, was just doing her job in enforcing the stated rules) and then the woman said that she "wasn't acting in a Disney way." I hate it when people expect the CMs to be perfect little robots. The CM did her job to enforce a rule, and the guest turned and said she wasn't acting the way Walt Disney would have wanted his workers to act. Wow!!

DaddyB
10-25-2004, 11:39 PM
As a happy father of 2 little girls, thanks Adrienne for sticking up for us parents. I was getting a little defensive about all the stroller remarks in this thread! It's SO hard to maneuver a stroller in the parks and not get uptight about all the close calls. I've had people stop in front of me. Trip over the front tires as they cut me off, and even jump over my child as they're running along (guess which age group)!

I've witnessed rude parents use their strollers as weapons, and I've witnessed people seemingly go out of their way to be rude to me in crowded situations. My wife doesn't even like to go to Disneyland anymore with the girls because she gets so frustrated with people and their thoughtlessness and rudeness... and the perceived danger it poses to our kids.

The most incredible rudeness with a stroller we've ever seen was right after the evening Christmas parade when we got stuck in a log jam heading towards Small World Holiday right beside the Alice ride. No one was moving at all in either direction. Suddenly some "parents" picked up their stroller (child inside) over their heads and started bowling folks over as they made their way through an otherwise logjammed crowd!

Nowadays I just say "Hakuna Matata" and move on. Life is too short and my Premium Pass too special to worry about stuff like that... too much. Until I hear fellow Disneylanders talking about how rude we parents are that is!

VickiC
10-26-2004, 06:33 AM
I'm so glad I'm almost out of the stroller phase of life. the worst is when someone is crusing along and just stops right in front of you. People need brake lights.

Disneylanding
10-26-2004, 07:41 AM
She got to 1st base w/ me.

ACTUALLY,... that would be second. :D

D-lander 1956
10-26-2004, 08:31 AM
She was a 40 plus big lady so I doubt she was on drugs.

Sounds more like an overdose of sugar then!!!!

Oh strollers! Don't get me started... It was right in the middle of the street where the metal is for the trollies and this lady with a stroller bumps the larger of the two girls (she was holding her arms down around her sister like a backwards hug almosts) in the calfs and makes her fall, which drags the little sister down too. Both nearly hitting their heads on the metal. The woman didn't even apologize.

And I always wonder, how these same people must drive their cars. . . :confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :~D

SoCalSteven
10-26-2004, 08:41 AM
A little off topic but does DL have camera around the property? I know they are all over the rides but what about the path ways?
I'd bet money that there are cameras covering most every inch of the park. (if not for security, to cover liability if someone does something dumb)

BTW, I know not everyone with a stroller is an evil, toe-smashing monster, but those are the ones that stick out in your minds. Also, if I walk in front of a stroller on accident and they plow into me, that is my fault.