PDA

View Full Version : Rainy Day Certificate

GrumpyUTboi
10-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Does DL give out passes for rainy days? We bought the hopper passes and it would really suck to be rained out one day and lose that day as one of our 6 day hoppers. Anyone know?

disneyperson
10-23-2004, 03:44 PM
DL is a lot of fun in the rain. Just grab a poncho and go for it. Extra Bonus- no crowds! Sorry ,I can't actually answer your question, I've never heard of rainy day coupons, I think they just stay open.I've been there on some very rainy days .

HorizonsA
10-23-2004, 03:56 PM
No, there's no such thing a a rainy day coupon. A rainy day is just like any regular business day.

But going on rainy days, especially when it is pouring rain, draws no crowds. It's great.

experiment626
10-23-2004, 04:10 PM
The only way they would offer a "rainy day coupon" would be if the park was forced to close due to the rain. As far as I know this has never happened.

RickW
10-23-2004, 04:57 PM
A rainy day at DL is the closest thing there is to a private party just for you! Plus, as an added bonus, many rainy days clear up in the afternoon, but nobody comes later in the day because of the earlier rain.

Some of my best days at DL started out as rainy days.

disneyperson
10-23-2004, 05:01 PM
Some of my best days at DL started out as rainy days.
Me too.

rentayenta
10-23-2004, 05:13 PM
Grumpy, it doesn't rain inside HISTA, you'll be fine.

disneyperson
10-23-2004, 05:15 PM
Grumpy, it doesn't rain inside HISTA, you'll be fine.
It may not rain, but watch out for that giant dog. :)

Earkid
10-23-2004, 05:27 PM
I love rainy Disney days. I get to wear all of my sweatshirts and sweaters I never get to use in Phoenix.

Laffite
10-24-2004, 12:41 AM
I just LOVE riding POTC in the rain!

CoasterChickie
10-24-2004, 07:51 AM
If it rains while you're there, my suggestion would be to take your family inside the animation building. You can spend hours in there watching the videos, seeing the Mushu show, looking at all the animation drawings, seeing the film about Walt Disney's life, drawing you own cartoons and making them move, taking the personality quiz in Belle's library, singing in the giant clam shells and hearing your voice come out of the characters, and shopping in Off the Page. Also, a lot of the characters will come inside the building. Not far from this building is the Hyperion Theater and Aladdin is a long enough show to give you a break from the rain. Also most of the line and the TOT ride is inside. There is no reason to not stay home if it's a rainy day so don't worry!

disneyhound
10-24-2004, 08:58 AM
Hey GrumpyUTboi:

We live to the north in rain country! Life does continues in a downpour especially at the HPOE. While we always hope for sunshine when we make our annual vist in Jan-Feb, the rain we have experienced at DL is minimal, has never been a problem for us. Dress warm, get a pancho and go for it! Left the faint at heart stay away while you play! :fez:

experiment626
10-24-2004, 09:05 AM
If it is going to rain while you are there. One tip is to make sure you have at least a dry pair of socks if not a second (dry) pair of shoes. We ended up buying dry socks the last time we were there (April) because our socks were soaked.

Oldtimer
10-24-2004, 09:09 AM
I don't know if they give them out anymore but...

Several years ago when they had private events on some evenings, and on one evening, they closed to heavy rains and gave everyone a "raincheck" due to the closure. My Church's event was the one rained out.

It is true when they stay open, many leave the park and if the rain isn't comming down in buckets you can still have a wonderful time there.

Hope that helps,
Oldtimer

SCUBAbe
10-24-2004, 09:13 AM
I have been to DL many times in the rain. It is one of my favorite times to go. What I have learned the hardway...LOL...wear all leather shoes, not suede and not running shoes. Wear a rain jacket. They sell them at the park for about $85.00, but I wear them when it's just cold out also. I do not wear the poncho, but I do use an umbrella. If it's cold out I highly recommend a scarf and gloves. Also, never under any circumstances no matter how short the line is ride screaim in the front car during the rain. It was one of the most painful experiences I have ever went through. LOL ..I'm also one of those odd people who love to drive in the rain...:)

D-lander 1956
10-24-2004, 09:14 AM
Does DL give out passes for rainy days? We bought the hopper passes and it would really suck to be rained out one day and lose that day as one of our 6 day hoppers. Anyone know?

Haven't you heard?? It never rains in California! :~D

Absolutely does not suck in the rain. Rain is the best time to visit DL. I can remember the last time walking around the Rivers of America from Splash to POTC and seeing only about 20 other people walking around it as well. So, my advice would be PRAY for rain! :D

ksejr1
10-24-2004, 11:36 AM
i love to go on BTM in the rain. It's the best. :D

bandboy1985
10-24-2004, 12:36 PM

good one, grumpy!