PDA

View Full Version : Trader Joe's

Wendi
10-23-2004, 01:46 PM
Is there a Trader Joe's near Disneyland? We will have a car, so we can drive if it's not too far...

Kitsune_SD
10-23-2004, 01:51 PM
Try the Trader Joe's website - www.traderjoes.com

I know they have a location finder...

Wendi
10-23-2004, 01:53 PM
Yes, but I don't know the location of any of those towns... thanks anyway...

Kitsune_SD
10-23-2004, 01:55 PM
Isn't there one in Anaheim?

Lemme look, I kinda know the area even though I'm from San Diego.

Kitsune_SD
10-23-2004, 01:58 PM
This one should be pretty close:
Santa Ana (#113)
3329 S. Bristol Street
Santa Ana, CA 92704
(714) 424-9304
On the east side of Bristol, just north of MacArthur

or this one:
Irvine (#37)
14443 Culver Drive
Irvine, CA 92604
(949) 857-8108
In the Walnut Village Shopping Center at the southeast corner of Culver and Walnut
The store is open 9AM to 9PM

one more:
Mall of Orange (#46)
2114 N. Tustin Avenue
Orange, CA 92865
(714) 283-5697
NW corner of Tustin & Meats

Maybe pop 'em in mapquest with the addy for d'land and see which would be closer.

KinLA
10-23-2004, 02:01 PM
This one is relatively close also...

Mall of Orange (#46)
2114 N. Tustin Avenue
Orange, CA 92865
(714) 283-5697

Wendi
10-23-2004, 02:02 PM
Thanks! I appreciate it!!! It's my favorite store, and I know they'll have good (and cheap) wine for my little hotel get-together during our trip!!!

rentayenta
10-23-2004, 04:29 PM
^^^2 Buck Chuck! I love Trader Joe's.

Hakuna Makarla
10-23-2004, 04:36 PM
I have never seen nor heard of trader joes, is it a discount store?

Wesley815
10-23-2004, 05:30 PM
Yes, but I don't know the location of any of those towns... thanks anyway...There is a website called www.mapquest.com Type in Disneyland, and then the address of Trader Joe's... you'll get distance and directions to any location you want.

The internet can be really helpful. ;)

rentayenta
10-23-2004, 05:39 PM
I have never seen nor heard of trader joes, is it a discount store?

Karla, it's sort of a hip, trendy imported food store. Lots of natural goodies and cheap vino. We will never get them in Utah. They are way too cool for Utah :crying:

TP2000
10-23-2004, 10:12 PM
Trader Joe's is just about the best little food market in the world. It's gourmet, quality stuff, but at amazingly low prices. They have a FABULOUS wine selection, great fresh food, and bizarre and tasty frozen foods that you would NEVER find at a big supermarket. Also wonderfully fresh dairy and bakery items. Plus a great selection of natural health and personal care items that are definitely not made by Procter & Gamble.

The employees are super-casual, all dressed in Hawaiian shirts and shorts, but they are extremely nice, always chatty, and they work about three times as hard as the unionized slobs at the major supermarkets. You never have to wait in a line at Trader Joe's, they open up new cash registers at lightening speed whenever more than one person is waiting.

It's an amazing place. They are all over SoCal, where they started, but they also have them in trendy neighborhoods of Seattle and Portland, plus some tony suburbs and towns back on the East Coast. But they are definitely a "California Thing".

Trader Joe's is the epitome of the Orange County lifestyle; casual, fun, stylish, hip and super-cool. And their Two Buck Chuck gets me through life in general now.

Kitsune_SD
10-24-2004, 09:15 AM
You never have to wait in a line at Trader Joe's, they open up new cash registers at lightening speed whenever more than one person is waiting.

Now, I love Trader Joe's, don't get me wrong - but where in the world can you find one that doesn't have lines at checkout? I almost always have to wait, and sometimes the lines get excessively long. Maybe I need to start driving to OC to do my grocery shopping...

SCUBAbe
10-24-2004, 09:20 AM
Now, I love Trader Joe's, don't get me wrong - but where in the world can you find one that doesn't have lines at checkout? I almost always have to wait, and sometimes the lines get excessively long. Maybe I need to start driving to OC to do my grocery shopping...

I have never waited very long in line at trader joes. I think a couple of times there may have been one peson in front of me half way trough thier check out. Most of the time they call me over to an empty register..:) I use to have to drive to valencia to shop at trader joes and the worst thing about that one was no parking, but now they have one right here in my town with loads of parking..:)

D-lander 1956
10-24-2004, 09:23 AM
This would be your closest Traders to DL, but it is still not that close. I'm very familiar with the area and it is approx 6-7 miles on side streets clogged with Anaheim traffic. It could be a hassle just to go to a store.

Mall of Orange (#46)
2114 N. Tustin Avenue
Orange, CA 92865
(714) 283-5697

Hope this helps! :)

VickiC
10-24-2004, 02:29 PM
Take the 22. If it's not rush hour it won't take too long at all.

LAsptsfan3
10-24-2004, 04:38 PM
little bit off topic:
the frozen pizzas that they sell at Trader Joe's (under the name Trader Giottos) have almost the exact same taste as the pizza they sell at Farmers Market in L.A....its so incredibly good.

even more off topic:
that pizza shop in farmers market in L.A. was the first pizza place on the west coast.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-24-2004, 08:59 PM
There is a website called www.mapquest.com Type in Disneyland, and then the address of Trader Joe's... you'll get distance and directions to any location you want.

The internet can be really helpful. ;)

True the internet can be really helpful, probably why she came to this internet site instead of looking up 90 location addresses on mapquest for Trader Joe's. It is sure nice to have some first hand information from experts in that area. Hope you get one close Wendi. In case I decide to do the get together, I would love some wine.

DCACM
10-24-2004, 10:42 PM

Trader Joe's is notorious for long check-out lines and crappy parking! Its worth it though!

VickiC
10-25-2004, 06:32 AM
Trader Joe's is notorious for long check-out lines and crappy parking! Its worth it though!

I shop at the Yorba Linda store or the Orange store and both have scads of parking and rarely have long lines.

sediment
10-25-2004, 07:53 AM
The OC is actually a bit uptight. Don't believe everything you see on a Fox network.