PDA

View Full Version : Eisner was kissing booty on "The View" today!!

baileykat
11-28-2001, 01:09 PM
Today was "The View"'s 1000th show...if you don't know what show I'm talking about..it's on ABC and has 4 women and Barbara Walters who basically dish gossip and bag on men...I can't really say anything bad about the show cause I kinda like it....anyway....Eisner introduced the show today...and sat right there in the front row the whole time...THey are live...so there was no magical editing involved...They all came out and kissed him and Thanked him for everything...He gushed all over them...at the end they had a cake and champagne and he came over and sat with them and they all kissed him again...he had 5 very large lipstick smooches all over his face...then one of them smeared cake on his forehead...he looked a scream!!!!!

Just thought that I would share this little tidbit for those who didn't catch it...They did have a funny ...Regis Philbin came over from his show as a surprise guest...And made the comment that he was the one who saved the network with Millionaire and his live show and not once in 19,000 shows did Eisner come to his show! THought that was funny!

AIRLINE
11-28-2001, 01:24 PM
I was in my hotel room last summer on a lay-over and I was watching Live with Regis and Kathie Lee.

It was Kathie Lee's last show....and out popped Mr. Eisner thanking Kathie Lee for all of her efforts and hard work during her 15 years on the show. Regis was there as well.

Unless Regis was just being Regis....maybe he forgot Mr. Eisner did appear on his show.

I remember Kathie Lee's last show, because to me, I thought it was "odd" that a Chairman and CEO of a publicly-traded company would embrace and give a kiss to one of it's employees...but then again, I'm not in show biz and maybe that is accepted behavior within that industry.

It seems that people within the entertainment industry do a lot of hugging and such. We sure don't do that in the airline business. Just ask our customers!--LOL.

I could just imagine the Chairman and CEO of my airline giving a hug and a kiss to our chief pilot....LOL!

Anyway, for some scoop about the Millionaire show, go to:

http://www.reuters.com/news_company.jhtml?storyid=NEWS.REUT.20011128.N282 85317rtr&ticker=DIS&provider=companynews (http://)

baileykat
11-28-2001, 01:46 PM
I'm sure he was just being Regis then...
It was funny to see him with cake on his head and lipstick all over his face!!!!!!
do you think he's all fake when he does things like this...being kissy kissy and stuff?

LIMANDL4EVA
11-28-2001, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by baileykat
And made the comment that he was the one who saved the network with Millionaire and his live show and not once in 19,000 shows did Eisner come to his show! THought that was funny!
r u sure its 19,000 shows??and not more like 900 shows?

AIRLINE
11-28-2001, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by AIRLINE

Anyway, for some scoop about the Millionaire show, go to:

http://www.reuters.com/news_company.jhtml?storyid=NEWS.REUT.20011128.N282 85317rtr&ticker=DIS&provider=companynews (http://)

The link above is not working.

Please see:

http://www.reuters.com/news_company.jhtml?storyid=NEWS.REUT.20011128.N282 85317rtr&ticker=DIS&provider=companynews

Ghoulish Delight
11-28-2001, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by LIMANDL4EVA

r u sure its 19,000 shows??and not more like 900 shows?

Good question. 19,000 is a show a day (including weekends) for over 52 years. I mean, I know Regis is old, but lordy!

baileykat
11-28-2001, 02:49 PM
I'm sure it's not 19,000 shows...but that's what he said...like I said...I'm sure he was just being Regis! ;)

zapppop
11-28-2001, 07:39 PM
If I was one of those chicks from The View I would've asked Eisner about DCA.

I'd grill him like a cheese sandwich on national TV :cool:

LIMANDL4EVA
11-28-2001, 08:38 PM
that would me a mean spot to put him in
I LIKE IT

zapppop
11-28-2001, 08:43 PM
not mean.....SPONTANEOUS !

Nigel2
11-28-2001, 09:39 PM
I remember one of the hosts for millionare said that the reson Regis sounds uptight is becuase he saved the network and doesn't get enough credit for it.:D Or that spread he promotes has gone to his brain and made him lose it.:D

Mouse
12-02-2001, 07:11 AM
I heard a nasty nasty rumor yesterday at work that in a recent interview (I'm assuming on "The View") Eisner was calling Characters "Overpaid monkeys" Could anyone substantiate this claim? Do you know where I could find footage of the view online or a transcript perhaps?

I cannot believe that Mr. Eisner would call talented individuals "Monkeys"

Overpaid my a**!

What an inappropriate comment to make on national TV, or anywhere for that matter.

Morrigoon
12-02-2001, 11:08 PM
OVERPAID??????

Foods CMs, even Attractions CMs, even SWEEPERS, get paid more than the fuzzies.

I haven't heard that rumor, BUT, based on what people I knew who were characters around him for whatever events, film, etc have said. He acts all buddy-buddy like he loves the characters on camera, then when the cameras stop rolling, he acts as if they don't exist. This is not a man who grew up loving Mickey or Disney. I think the veritable raping of the character library, that is to say, the horrible slew of sequels coming out, are proof of his lack of respect for the stories and characters.