PDA

View Full Version : A quick photo album from Friday, 10/22

Darkbeer
10-22-2004, 02:23 PM
Ran to the park during my lunch hour to get some photos (this time in the sunlight, instead of the rain)...

Castle looks good, the Matterhorn waterfalls are up and running, and some of the sleds are back on the track....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/259755

ENJOY!:fez:

Mickeyslittlehelper
10-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Thanks for taking the time to take these. The castle looks great in the sun! This brightened my day.

AaronInCal
10-22-2004, 02:51 PM
How come you take 10 pics of the same thing, even though it's different angles?? Isn't that kind of overdoing it? I wish I had your lunch hour to go to Disneyland and take 8 pages of pictures..

sediment
10-22-2004, 03:02 PM
DB, great pictures!! (Ugly pink castle though. Make it Blue (zzzzzing!).

Do you have any before/after pictures of SB Castle and of Main Street USA shops?
I keep wondering what they looked like before, and was it as bad as people say it was?

Also, I see no evidence of ugly SB Castle crowns. I'm guessing that permanent work is being done first, and ugly temporary stuff can be added later.

SCUBAbe
10-22-2004, 03:05 PM
How come you take 10 pics of the same thing, even though it's different angles?? Isn't that kind of overdoing it? I wish I had your lunch hour to go to Disneyland and take 8 pages of pictures..

I do the same thing. Sometimes a bracket the shot, sometimes I use different lenes, sometimes I play with shutter speeds or f stops. I usually only upload the ones I like, but darkbeer nicely takes these on his lunch hour, so I'm guessing he upoads the entire card to get them to us quicker. :)

TY darkbeer. I love looking at the pictures. :)

CoasterChickie
10-22-2004, 03:07 PM
Ooooh, I am tickled PINK to see that castle reappearing!! I am really looking forward to seeing the fireworks over the castle instead of a big dark spot!

I Heart Disneyland!
10-22-2004, 03:07 PM
Ran to the park during my lunch hour to get some photos (this time in the sunlight, instead of the rain)...

Castle looks good, the Matterhorn waterfalls are up and running, and some of the sleds are back on the track....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/259755

ENJOY!:fez:

My dream would to be able to say, "Ran to the park during my lunch hour....." Man Darkbeer, you've got the life!!!!! Color me GREEN with envy!

(Great photos!)

Mommy2NicknMax
10-22-2004, 03:09 PM
Thank you for sharing these. Looks like a beautiful day there too! The pic of the turkey leg cracked me up though. :D

sediment
10-22-2004, 03:56 PM
it's not film, so it don't cost nothing.

Disneyfreak
10-22-2004, 06:22 PM
Jeesh darkbeer you were getting worked up at the end with the guy painting. The reason you would never see the painting at WDW is because they never had a due date to get everything done. I for one am extremely glad they are doing this. Everytime I see a painter it makes me happy even if it is in the open.

sediment
10-22-2004, 06:26 PM
Jeesh darkbeer you were getting worked up at the end with the guy painting. The reason you would never see the painting at WDW is because they never had a due date to get everything done. I for one am extremely glad they are doing this. Everytime I see a painter it makes me happy even if it is in the open.
I agree. Hurry it all up!!
(I think Dark Beer wants to work harder at finding a painter than this. Get on a ladder, get out the zoom lens from the rockets. Go backstage, and risk getting kicked out. This was too easy.)

Darkbeer
10-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Weird day, started the morning in OC, then stopped by the DLR, then stopped by an office in San Clemente, then my office in San Diego, and now I am home for the weekend....

GO CHARGERS!!!!!

Next week, back on the road, still not sure where they will have me go.... Need to talk to the boss sometime tomorrow (at least this will be just a phone call, no need to go to the office :)

RemainSeatedPlease
10-22-2004, 09:45 PM
DB, great pictures!! (Ugly pink castle though. Make it Blue (zzzzzing!).

hahaha thats what I was thinking! gmta!

I Heart Disneyland!
10-23-2004, 06:52 PM
Weird day, started the morning in OC, then stopped by the DLR, then stopped by an office in San Clemente, then my office in San Diego, and now I am home for the weekend....

GO CHARGERS!!!!!

Next week, back on the road, still not sure where they will have me go.... Need to talk to the boss sometime tomorrow (at least this will be just a phone call, no need to go to the office :)

Hey, Darkbeer! Since you said you live in SD, can I ask what are THE best Mexican food joints, and places to see (minus Sea World) in SD? ALso, shopping for Mexican pottery and wrought iron too. I am going there with hubby on a business trip next week for 4 days and need to find fun stuff to do! (This means SHOPPING!) :) Thanks so much in advance! (I know this is a non-Disney question! For shame!) ;) Is it safe to go in to Tijuana??? Thanks again!

VickiC
10-23-2004, 07:17 PM
I like Old Town for shopping. In Balboa Park right near the zoo entrance is a little artists' plaza that has some great stuff. TJ is safe in the tourist areas in the daytime. Take normal precautions to be safe with pickpockets, etc. Take the trolley and walk across to avoid driving down there though, that also makes the return quicker.

I Heart Disneyland!
10-23-2004, 08:43 PM
I like Old Town for shopping. In Balboa Park right near the zoo entrance is a little artists' plaza that has some great stuff. TJ is safe in the tourist areas in the daytime. Take normal precautions to be safe with pickpockets, etc. Take the trolley and walk across to avoid driving down there though, that also makes the return quicker.

Thank you SOOOOO much!!! :) I appreciate it a lot! :D

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-24-2004, 11:05 PM
Great pictures, as always! THANKS!

sediment
10-25-2004, 08:51 AM
Take a look at WDW's Cindy Castle in the MP update. All gray. Ours is Pepto-pink!!

(Make it blue. Zzzzzzzzing!)

Disney Vault
10-25-2004, 02:27 PM
That would be cool for part of the fireworks. Have the voices yelling pink and blue and have lights make the caslte change color back and forth. Or even better would be to use those cool projectors that we saw the sample pictures of to make the color changes look even more realistic.

Gymskate
10-25-2004, 08:09 PM
Pics are really cool. I like how the castle is starting to come along hehe : ) thankx