PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever gone to the Medieval Times while in DL?

Pages : [1] 2

CoasterChickie
10-22-2004, 01:30 PM
This has always sounded interesting to me, but it also sounds really expensive! Is it worth it?

slydini
10-22-2004, 01:39 PM
It is on the pricey side but if you enjoy this type of thing I would say it's woth it. I have been three times. The last time I went, (last year,) was the best. The show actually has a story to it now. The fod is ok, but I don't go for the food. The spectacle is what I love. It is a great evening.

Pammer
10-22-2004, 01:42 PM
The hubby and I went once, several years ago. The show is pretty fun, but you will have to eat the food with your hands! :eek:

If you don't mind that part, enjoy yourselves!

CoasterChickie
10-22-2004, 01:42 PM
What do they do during the show?

Pammer
10-22-2004, 01:47 PM
As per the name, it's medieval-themed. We were greeted by the King and Queen and assigned to a specific section by the color of the paper crown we were given. Then we had to hang out for about an hour before the show started.

You're in a big arena and are guests of the King and Queen. The various knights are assigned to the different sections of the arena, and you cheer on your knight during a series of various feats, like jousting. Your serving 'wench' brings you your food and drink throughout the evening.

At least that was how it was when we went several years ago.

slydini
10-22-2004, 01:54 PM
It's pretty similar now. There is a story that runs through the evening. Kind of ties things together.

BLACK AND WHITE!!!!! BLACK AND WHITE!!!!!
:)

sediment
10-22-2004, 02:06 PM
Your serving 'wench' brings you your food and drink throughout the evening.

"There were no utensils in medieval times, hence there are no utensils at Medieval Times. Would you like a refill on your Pepsi?"

mystycalchyk
10-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Hubby and I went while we were in Disneyland during our honeymoon. Quite enjoyed it.
Our knight 'won' that night and we were in the very front row.
We're of the mind of 'been there done that' so we see no need to go again, but we may if we bring the kids back again. Who knows

sami869
10-22-2004, 02:32 PM
It is pretty expensive (aboutt he same as a one day one park ticket to disneyland) but it's also a lot of fun. It's one of those things you have to try, even if you only do it once in your life.

Arnie
10-22-2004, 02:40 PM
"There were no utensils in medieval times, hence there are no utensils at Medieval Times. Would you like a refill on your Pepsi?"

Hmm.. I know that line from somewhere.

I won't spoil it for those that want to guess to.
The Cable Guy

sediment
10-22-2004, 02:41 PM
Probably the best line in that awful picture, made by a deadanned Jeanene Garafolo.

SallySkellington
10-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Am I the only one who hasn't heard of a medievil restaraunt show in DL? :confused:

BTW, sounds a lot like the show at the Excaliber. I've got to see that sometime. :)

sediment
10-22-2004, 04:22 PM
Am I the only one who hasn't heard of a medievil restaraunt show in DL? :confused:

BTW, sounds a lot like the show at the Excaliber. I've got to see that sometime. :)
It's in Buena Park near Knott's. The thread title didn't make sense, but I overlooked it.

CoasterChickie
10-22-2004, 04:30 PM
It's in Buena Park near Knott's. The thread title didn't make sense, but I overlooked it.

I had to shorten it because it wouldn't fit in the little box.
Most people who have paid for a hotel in DL have received the brochure for the Medieval Times.

Just in case you haven't, let me clarify that Medieval Times is not IN DL.

sediment
10-22-2004, 04:45 PM
Stupid length restricti.....

TrekkieDad
10-22-2004, 04:55 PM
We've been there a few times with our family. It's a fun evening. Tho it's expensive, you can probably qualify for a small discount if you are AAA or find one of the many coupons that seems to be floating around.

When we arrived, we were photographed with "our" knight. Later, of course, they wanted us to buy the picture.

One warning--if you are allergic to horses or have a problem with dust, you should probably skip it.

Jack Skelly
10-22-2004, 05:43 PM
Went there last year for the first time. Wasnt really worth the price. The food was pretty dry and theres not much of it. Would rather of spent that money and have a nice dinner in DL or DTD somewhere.

Saratoga75
10-22-2004, 06:08 PM
CoasterChickie, yes I would say it's definately worth it, if you havent done it before or at least in a while. I'm going to DL with friends - Nov 27-30; and we all decided Medieval Times for the night of the 27th. I havent done both DL and Medieval Times in probably about 2 years, but it was always fun.Though it can get pricey!

AliciasMom
10-22-2004, 06:20 PM
I love Medieval Times. The last time I went was for my hubby's and my birthday. We had a group of 20 and we were the loudest ones there. It was really fun to hear them announce our birthdays over the loudspeakers.

p.s My friends get jealous of me because everytime I go I always get a flower from the knights. :D

Kitsune_SD
10-22-2004, 06:58 PM
I have been to both Medieval Times and the show at Excalibur. Now, this was back in the early 90's, so your mileage may vary...

MT beats E hands down. The E show is just a rip off of MT, with more Vegas glittery-ness... Although I believe the show is fixed (like pro wrestling) my mom (former equestrian) was pretty impressed with the skills that the "knights" demonstrate while riding.

Coaster Chickie - it's basically like you put the jousting tourney from any large ren faire in a theme park castle, complete with pictures they pressure you to purchase and a huge gift shop. Is it worth it? Probably. I went to MT with a big group of faire folk in garb, so the people I was with definitely made a large contrabution to my enjoyment of the evening. To give E a fair shake, it was just mom and I on that trip so we didn't have a built-in cheering section so that may have colored my view of the show.

tink1234
10-22-2004, 07:10 PM
It's worth it! Especially for those who travel long distances to get to DL. We arrived at DL at about 5:30 at night and checked in to our hotel and drove straight to Buena Park. It gave the kids something to look forward to the night before DL park. It is very loud so kids can be loud and unwind from the car trip by cheering on their knight. The one downfall...a group of kids behind us yelling, "Go, Fabio" all night! ARG!

SoCalDude
10-22-2004, 07:16 PM
We went once - had a good time, but I would say its one of the "one-time-only" things.

SallySkellington
10-22-2004, 07:45 PM
a group of kids behind us yelling, "Go, Fabio" all night!

I'd like to do that in my speech class (there's a really hot guy name Fabio in that class). ;)

poohbunnieshutch
10-22-2004, 09:27 PM
Medeval times is fun, but then so is Wild Bill's (almost next door). At MT, they limit the beverages during the show to 2, but at Wild Bills (which is cheaper BTW) its all you can drink and all you can eat. My Hubby also likes the varying entertainment. At MT, you've done it once, you really don't need to do it again.

Wild Bill's gets my vote.

Baldpirate
10-22-2004, 11:13 PM
Eight of us went in june and had a great time

the black and white knight chose my 72 year old mother to champion during final tourny that really cheesed off the teen girls sitting behind us

the best part is that they had PEPSI :D