PDA

View Full Version : If you had 12 hours to spend in DL but weren't allowed to go on any rides,

Pages : [1] 2

CoasterChickie
10-22-2004, 11:29 AM
what would you do with your time?

I'm thinking of not going on any rides at all just to see what it would be like.

rentayenta
10-22-2004, 11:30 AM
^^^ my thoughts exactly LOL

Andrew
10-22-2004, 11:33 AM
What do you mean "if"? Try staffing MouseAdventure sometime.

CoasterChickie
10-22-2004, 11:35 AM
That was quite a sacrifice! We couldn't even take it for 4 hours. We took an hour out of MouseAdventure game time to ride the TOT! :fez:

rentayenta
10-22-2004, 11:42 AM
Honestly, I'd like to be Minnie or Mickey in their houses for a few hours. Then I'd have a nice meal. I'd sit on the curb with a mocha and wait for the parade. I'd get a prime spot for F! and then rush over to the fireworks or vice versa.

I'd love to play MA. I would have to be with the beginners because a) I am not competitive in the slightest and b) I am not good at solving mysteries.

Dlandmom
10-22-2004, 12:00 PM

I'm thinking of not going on any rides at all just to see what it would be like.
I've done it many times...maybe not 12 hours, but at least 4-5 hours at a time. I truly enjoy just walking around, having a snack, browsing the shops, watching a show, watching a parade, etc. There's so much you can do when you're an AP that you don't do when you pay for the day. Sit down for a nice meal. People watch.

sami869
10-22-2004, 12:14 PM
I'd sit in the little theater and watch all the old mickey mouse cartoons all the way through, do a ton of window shopping, get my portrait painted, eat at the Blue Bayou (or Club 33 if this doesn't need to be realistic). Then I'd probably go home early. There isn't a whole lot I like to do at the parks besides the rides. If this includes DCA then I'd go get some tortillas, watch the Aladdin show and do all the stuff in the animation building.

pisces
10-22-2004, 01:13 PM
This is a good question for those that are prevented because of long lines, from going on rides.

MrTomMorrow
10-22-2004, 01:50 PM
People-watching! And enjoying the wonderful entertainment at the park, from the Snow White musical to the (admittedly tired) Parade of the Stars to Fantasmic! and the fireworks!!! Actually, I admit it's kind of fun to watch the kinetics of the ride vehicles moving about on outdoor rides like Splash Mountain, Alice in Wonderland, the Jungle Cruise, and Storybook Land .

mystycalchyk
10-22-2004, 02:14 PM
We've done it several times actually. I love to browse in shops, talk to CMs, catch shows (Billy Hill et al) people watch.

Last year, no lie, we actually sat on the front steps on Main street where the little wicker couch is for 6 ours. Just hanging out and soaking up being there. By the time we were ready to leave after a just a few hours people were lining up for the parade so we decided to stay for that too (which is why it was 6 hours total).

GrumpyUTboi
10-22-2004, 02:37 PM
I'd watch Coasterchicke to see how much of a little kid she acts like at DL.

SCUBAbe
10-22-2004, 02:39 PM
I would just walk around taking pictures and not with my point in shoot. I would have the SLR out with all the lenses...LOL. ..or maybe I would bust out the digi video camera, but it talkes so long to edit those. ..or if it wasn't to crowded I could bring out the pastels and draw. I'm very good at abstract...LOL

zugzug15
10-22-2004, 02:43 PM
hmm (FIRST POST EVER)

so i would say that i would do these things
(not in this order)
1. get a cream cheese filled pretzel (my fav)
2. watch parade, fireworks, fantasmic
3. Mullet hunt (digi cams rock)
4. Buzz lightyear stage (day show and night band)
5. stage shows (alladin, snow white)
6. eat food (dinner n stuff not jsut pretzels)
7. actually collect all the character signatures
8. penny arcade on mainstreet.

this is easier than i thought!

I Heart Disneyland!
10-22-2004, 03:09 PM
I would eat my weight in nut covered caramel apples, churros, corndogs and rocky road candy! ;)

SallySkellington
10-22-2004, 04:24 PM
I would eat, watch the shows, eat, watch the people come down the Splash Mountain drop, eat, shop, and eat.

sediment
10-22-2004, 04:24 PM
I would......go out of my mind.

rentayenta
10-22-2004, 04:29 PM
I would......go out of my mind.

Oh, so you've been for 12 hours without riding any rides? ;)

I know I am going to regret that :D

CoasterChickie
10-22-2004, 04:32 PM
Hey, if you hadn't said it, I was going to...brilliant minds, oh yeah!! :~D

ModHatter
10-22-2004, 04:33 PM
Well, I suppose even I could not stare at the Sub Lagoon for twelve whole hours, at least not without a snack break. I suppose I would Imagineer new things un underutilized spaces, and take photo studies for that and for making a miniature Disneyland in the back yard, check out random attractive people, find out if, with the Matterhorn area, there is someplace else where you can order a chimichange and a turkey leg at the same time, see if the Big Thuder Trail fish are jumping.

And of course, seeing as how this is a ride not an attraction, spend some quality time at Mr. Lincoln.

rentayenta
10-22-2004, 04:36 PM
I forgot to say that I would shop!

sediment
10-22-2004, 04:44 PM
Oh, so you've been for 12 hours without riding any rides? ;)

I know I am going to regret that :D
Good one! Do you want a not-funny crown from DLF, too?
You know what I'd do? I'd get in lines, but walk through the chicken exits. Just to see where they go. It's part of DL I haven't seen.

cstephens
10-22-2004, 04:54 PM

It's not usually 12 hours, but this is what we do on most of our visits to DL, though I've been trying to squeeze in at least one ride a visit.

But in previous years, spending multiple hours at Disneyland without going on a ride means it's probably Fourth of July or New Year's Eve. We wander from place to place, sitting and chatting and hanging out.

rentayenta
10-22-2004, 04:55 PM
Good one! Do you want a not-funny crown from DLF, too?
You know what I'd do? I'd get in lines, but walk through the chicken exits. Just to see where they go. It's part of DL I haven't seen.

LMAO! I think you need your own show at DL. We'll call it Sarcasmic! :p

sediment
10-22-2004, 05:24 PM
LMAO! I think you need your own show at DL. We'll call it Sarcasmic! :p
You're too kind.

I like the queues. Many a queue is air-conditioned, so if it's a hot day, a good long queue, sneak in some kind of ice cream confectionary (or Dole Whip) is a nice change of pace from FastPassmic.

rentayenta
10-22-2004, 05:25 PM
^^^You like me, you really like me.