PDA

View Full Version : HMH or Regular HM?

Pages : [1] 2

twinmama1999
10-21-2004, 06:07 PM
Is one spookier or scarier than the other? I've seen the pics of HMH and it looks quite cartoonish to me, not putting it down in any way, I just mean by looking at the pics it seems a bit tamer for the younger set.

I could be wrong, I haven't been on it before. I'm actually looking forward to checking it out when we go in TWO more days.

Anyway, just thought I'd see what you disney pros and regulars have to say about this.

Thx,

I Heart Disneyland!
10-21-2004, 06:11 PM
I don't think HMH is scary, just cute and fun, especially if you've seen Nightmare Before Christmas. It is a fun change to regular HM, but, I am always glad to see it returned to the "regular" HM. :) That is my two pennies!

I Heart Disneyland!
10-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Don't know the ages of your children, but, mine didn't like HM when they were small as it scared them, so, you might consider that too. :)

SallySkellington
10-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Regular HM is definitely the scarier of the two.

HorizonsA
10-21-2004, 06:40 PM
Yes, definetly, Original Haunted Mansion is better and scarier.

On another HM subject, I noticed while waiting in line for HMH, I heard the music box music from Disneyland Paris' Phantom Manor. I love this music, I believe it to be haunting, mysterious, and gloomy. I wish they would play that music all the time when the regular HM is open. And I think those "scarols" are lame. Yes it's comical, but really. I like haunting music for a haunted ride, than comical lame songs for a haunted ride.

MrsG
10-21-2004, 07:00 PM
I definately prefer the original HM. HMH is cute and a nice change. I am just not a big fan of the movie NBC.

SCUBAbe
10-21-2004, 07:40 PM
normally I love NBC hands down, but this year they have the mansion way to bright. I could see the celiling and all the walls clearly. They were ditracting. Not to mention alll the screens in the graveyard scene that I never knew were there..:(

SallySkellington
10-21-2004, 08:24 PM
normally I love NBC hands down, but this year they have the mansion way to bright. I could see the celiling and all the walls clearly. They were ditracting. Not to mention alll the screens in the graveyard scene that I never knew were there..:(

I can remember it always being like that for HMH. I agree, it is a bit destracting, but a small price to pay to see Jack and the gang! :D

VickiC
10-21-2004, 08:31 PM
I'm assuming from your name your kids were born in 1999? My kid born in 1999 was freaked by HMH and I don't know when she'll be ready to try the regular version. I like the original better.

CoasterChickie
10-21-2004, 09:30 PM
I LOVE the holiday overlay. To me , it's more cheerful than scary. If I were rich I'd decorate my house exactly like it for Halloween. The pumpkins on the hill look so cool all lit up at night!!! And my favorite thing is Jack on the ceiling in the elevator. I also love the original Haunted Mansion. One is not better than the other , they're just different and awesome in their own way!

justjason
10-21-2004, 09:43 PM
I really enjoyed the HMH because I have ridden HM so many times before it was a nice change and almost an entirely different experience.

Disneyfreak
10-21-2004, 09:58 PM
Regular Haunted Mansion all the way.

sdfilmcritic
10-21-2004, 11:22 PM
I love the regular HM. Don't care much for the Holiday version. HM is scarier than HMH.

Dlandmom
10-22-2004, 12:03 AM
Haven't been to this year's, but I do remember the first HMH overlay I saw...I was just awestruck. I couldn't believe how incredibly the Imagineers had transformed the HM. That being said, it's always nice to see it go back to the original.

The original is definitely scarier than HMH.

10-22-2004, 08:03 AM
The Holiday Haunted Manion is terrific fun and unlike any other spook house anywhere.

sami869
10-22-2004, 08:51 AM
The regular HM is scarier than the HMH but I like the HMH much more. I'm a big Nightmare Before Christmas fan though, so that might have something to do with it :) I wonder what people who have never seen NBC think of the HMH.

Disneyfreak
10-22-2004, 09:21 AM
I dont think either haunted mansion is scary at all. But I think the story and decor is better on the regular haunted mansion.

Pammer
10-22-2004, 11:26 AM
I really enjoyed the HMH because I have ridden HM so many times before it was a nice change and almost an entirely different experience.

My sentiments exactly...I like 'em both! :)

TrekkieDad
10-22-2004, 05:43 PM
I really like the music and poetry on HMH. I've never seen NBC. I'd like to see it before going on HMH in December. Does anyone know if it will be playing on TV?

SallySkellington
10-22-2004, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know if it will be playing on TV?

Seeing as how it's almost Halloween, I can almost guarantee it. I'll check, though.

EDIT: Well, it's not on anytime in the next week. I suggest renting it. Or better yet just buy it.

Tutter
10-22-2004, 06:24 PM
I prefer HMH to be honest. I come from the perspective of Phantom Manor in Disneyland paris being the one I was most used to. When I first went to HM I was very disappointed it wasn't nearly as scary as Phantom Manor. So HM, whilst I still love it, was jsut another fun ride - but HMH I had never sen anything like it and it thrilled me. It's not scary but it is entertaining - can't wait to see it again this year.

Laffite
10-22-2004, 06:26 PM
HM is much more dreadful, sorrowful, quiet, dark, haunting, sad--in the best way possible-- after HMH is removed

RemainSeatedPlease
10-23-2004, 01:14 PM
I Like HM way better than HMH, I dunno I just grew up with HM and thats prolly why, and HMH just seems neon and plastic-ish....but thats just me...HM is scarier, but they need to bring back the personin the suit of armor that moves out at you, why don't they have him anymore?

Kitsune_SD
10-23-2004, 01:49 PM
Although I love NBC and HMH, I really prefer the mansion in it's original state. Then again, the queue & exterior for HMH is better than HM... hmmmm... hard to choose!

disneyperson
10-23-2004, 01:59 PM
I love them both. The HM is scarier , but neither of them are truly frightenming by today's standards. If your kids are little, they might not like the stretching room because it's kinda claustrphobic and the guests often scream quite loudly when the lights go out when it hits the bottom. (in fact it's a tradition to do so for a lot of people, I always cover my ears) I look forward to the HMH every year because I love the film, but I'm always happy to see it go back to normal. Of the two, hmmmmm, I have to be traditionalist and say HM.