PDA

View Full Version : Planning Help

Surfingstitch
10-21-2004, 02:54 PM
I think I will going back to DL between Dec. 1st and Dec 6th.

What sort of things should I do?

I have never been to the parks in the holiday season.

P.S. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong board.

10-21-2004, 02:56 PM
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong board.

:p You are on exactly the right board! I predict answers galore!

Surfingstitch
10-21-2004, 03:05 PM
Thanks.

I didn't want anyone to get mad at me for posting in the wrong place.

rentayenta
10-21-2004, 03:18 PM
This is what's on my list:

-cookie decorating at the Fire Station on Main St.
-Fireworks and then the snow
-Haunted Mansion Holiday- which is really fantastic
-It's a Small World Holiday- again fantastic
-Everywhere there are Christmas touches from the boughs on the lamposts to the characters in holiday attire
-The enormous Christmas tree on Main St. is so beautiful and magical
-the holiday parade
-Santa is at the hotels
-Santa Goofy

If you are staying on the property Vacation Planning is there to help with any additional goodies like trees and stockings- for a price.

The Candlelight procession is that weekend. I don't know much about it but someone here can fill you in.

sediment
10-21-2004, 03:24 PM
I think the two Cast Member holiday parties occur during that time, so DL will close a bit earlier than normal.

SallySkellington
10-21-2004, 05:14 PM
There are three things you should definitely do:

1. Haunted Mansion Holiday
2. Haunted Mansion Holiday
3. Haunted Mansion Holiday

bassett1976
10-21-2004, 05:56 PM
I would recommend checking out the snow during the Fireworks (if they are going to still do this during the current rehab stuff). The snow comes down on the walkway by It's A Small World.

I would also recommend getting a cup of hot chocolate while your at the park at night. IT's a great touch.

I also agree with the Haunted Mansion!!!

kisroo
10-21-2004, 06:34 PM
I'll add to Sally's post and say:

Tower of Terror in the morning
Tower of Terror in the afternoon
And definately the Tower of Terror in the evening! ;)

I am also looking forward to seeing all the decorations in New Orleans Square, enjoying lunch at the Carnation Cafe so I can see/listen to the carolers, and checking out DCA's Christmas decor (we've never seen DCA during the holidays).

If I'm not mistaken, you'll actually be there for the Candlelight Procession. I've heard that it is beautiful. Do a search on Mouseplanet for past articles on this event~I'm pretty sure they've covered it for several years.
Have a wonderful time at DL! We'll be following you the next week, so don't drink all the hot chocolate! ;)
~kisroo:)

CarlieB
10-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Enjoy the decorations and general "holiday" feeling to the parks (especially DL). It really is a special time of year to be there:)

Maus
10-21-2004, 07:34 PM
The Candlelight Processional. Grab a seat early--it gets very crowded. And be aware that this is a Christian celebration of Christmas. The last time I viewed it in the Fantasyland Theater I saw with dismay that several folks left after a few minutes, I assume because they did not know this beforehand. It's a beautiful show that always brings me to tears.

Surfingstitch
10-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Thanks for all of the great tips.

I think we are going to have a lot of fun.