PDA

View Full Version : Anyone HERE like me and doesn't like the Sun Wheel?

Pages : [1] 2

DISNEYloon
10-21-2004, 01:56 PM
OK, so I am ALL for E-Ticket Rides! LOVE THEM!

but I don't like the Sun Wheel. the way that thing rocks I just know that it will FLIP, I rode it once and nearly cried - SERIOUSLY i'm 34 years old and wanted to get OFF.........like NOW!

anyone like that?

VickiC
10-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Have you tried the red cars? They are much tamer. I love the view of the whole resort, especially at night.

mystycalchyk
10-21-2004, 02:06 PM
I detest the slidey cars. I was terrified. Literally, petrified though the whole horrid thing. But I adore the red cars. Try them.

*is 34 too and loves rollercoasters*

CarlieB
10-21-2004, 02:10 PM
There's no way you'd get me in either type of car (but especially not the swinging ones:eek: ). I hate heights, so I'm quite happy to wait on a bench nearby while other people in my group experience the views:)

schmuzX2
10-21-2004, 02:18 PM
I went on it a few years ago and was terrified throughout the entire ride. I didn't even go on the moving cars.......
I kept thinking that if there was an earthquake while I was locked into the car, the sun wheel would fall over on it's side and into the water and I wouldn't be able to get out because I was locked in.......................

Yes, I'm that pathetic.

MansionMatt
10-21-2004, 02:21 PM
i am more pathetic, i bet!

i have a constant fear on ferris wheels that the pin holding the wheel to the ride itself will snap, sending the entire wheel rolling forward and resulting in the death by crushing of myself.

i'm not afraid enough to not go on ferris wheels, but i think about that every time i go on one.

Mommy2NicknMax
10-21-2004, 02:23 PM
I got on this last December to get over my fear of it. Yeah, well I won't be doing that again! I'll take the red cars anyday but no more swinging. I was in it alone and boy did that thing move!!!

sami869
10-21-2004, 02:39 PM
Well all you red car lovers can take comfort in the fact taht you get to stand in a much shorter line. Most times I've gone there has been barely any line at all for the red cars and the line for the swinging cars has been 15-45 minutes. I llike the swinging cars but surprisingly it terrified my thrill ride loving brother.

prudence
10-21-2004, 02:40 PM
I thought my husband was going to pass out when we went in a swinging car. In fact, I can make him nauseated at any time just by bringing up the incident. He was convinced that the doors were going to fly open because there's no visible lock holding them together. He did go in a red car a few trips later, but he doesn't even like to watch the Sun Wheel, lest he catch sight of a swinging car.

MrsPooh
10-21-2004, 02:40 PM
I can't stand it but for a different reason.

I rode the non-spinning car, and was greatly disappointed that after waiting in a long line for the thing it only did one full rotation. What a rip-off.

Great views, though!

Hakuna Makarla
10-21-2004, 02:46 PM
I have loved ferris wheels as long as I can remember, well in fact have not been on one for 20 years so when I went on this one I was so afraid I had to have my hand over my mouth so I would not scream! I was so afraid that I will never go on anything like that again. Funny, when I was young I climbed, l;oved all the scray stuff and thought I would grow old doing thwe same thing. But I am telling you now, I am an old gal who is just happy to be closer to the ground! Splash was as high as I want to go, and that was scary LOL! I loved it!

Disneyfreak
10-21-2004, 03:05 PM
I love watching my father being scared for a change. I love the sun wheel.

mystycalchyk
10-21-2004, 03:14 PM
I can't stand it but for a different reason.

I rode the non-spinning car, and was greatly disappointed that after waiting in a long line for the thing it only did one full rotation. What a rip-off.

Great views, though!

Really? It's always done two full turns everytime I've ever ridden it. hmmm....yeah I would be annoyed too.

CoasterChickie
10-21-2004, 03:37 PM
The best thing about being on Sun Wheel is eeing the terrified expressions on the faces of wimps like Disneyloon and Mystycalchky!!! :~D
Mwaa hahahahahahahahahahhaha!!!!

But seriously, that thing is so much safer than the rickety ferris wheels at county fairs. When my cousin and I were 12 we went on one in Vermont that could only take two passenger loads at a time because it was being held together by a big rubber band. The thing snapped, the car lurched forward and we fell off the seat and onto the footrest. This was while we were at the top. It was terrifying!!!

So really, the Sun Wheel is a piece of cake. Just relax and enjoy the view!

mystycalchyk
10-21-2004, 03:42 PM
The best thing about being on Sun Wheel is eeing the terrified expressions on the faces of wimps like Disneyloon and Mystycalchky!!! :~D

*lip quivers*

*thwacks coaster chickie on the noggin with a wooden spoon* :p :~D

*polishes up her 'BIG WUSS' button with pride*

Lani
10-21-2004, 03:58 PM
I think what is most disappointing about the ride is that you only go through one rotation. That's pretty cheesy.

DISNEYloon
10-21-2004, 04:11 PM

But seriously, that thing is so much safer than the rickety ferris wheels at county fairs. When my cousin and I were 12 we went on one in Vermont that could only take two passenger loads at a time because it was being held together by a big rubber band. The thing snapped, the car lurched forward and we fell off the seat and onto the footrest. This was while we were at the top. It was terrifying!!!

So really, the Sun Wheel is a piece of cake. Just relax and enjoy the view!

ha ha
I do go on the RED cars btw by myself (very nice) while the whole Fam Damily goes on those other things............UGH!

GrumpyUTboi
10-21-2004, 04:12 PM
We always got 2 rotations. The first time we went on it the guy in the first car was screaming to be let off. I mean there was complete terror in his voice. Meanwhile my thrill seeker 6 year old was laughing at the man because he was so scared. My 1 year was okay with the ride as long as we covered his eyes. From the ground the ride doesn't weem that bad, but once you start going that is another thing. I can still remember how I felt when we went on the the ride for the first time.

dsnyredhead
10-21-2004, 04:53 PM
I haven't had one ride on the sunwheel. I don't particularly like ferris wheels. Anyways, on one visit a friend of mine and myself were sitting outside of the line when we saw our friends who were on the attraction physicially rocking the swinging gondola even more than it should be. Basically four large men using their weight to make the gondola swing much more than any other gondola. Yep, they were nuts.

VickiC
10-21-2004, 05:52 PM
It does one loading rotation stating with cars 1-3 and ending with cars 21-24. It then does one addiditional full rotation and then begins to unload cars 1-3 again. Each rider thus gets 2 full rotations, but only one is non stop.

experiment626
10-21-2004, 06:18 PM
I do not like the sun wheel not because it was too scary but because I expected it to be MORE scary.

I would like to see it spin/rotate faster and go at least twice around after it is loaded. I was very disapointed that it only went once (after it was loaded). The constant stop go stop go was annoying. and I was looking forward to a "swinging good time." It too me two years to get my kids to go on it (so that I could) I finally told them you can sit on a bench if you like but I am going on it. Tbey went on it.

kisroo
10-21-2004, 06:21 PM
I think what is most disappointing about the ride is that you only go through one rotation. That's pretty cheesy.

Ohhhhh....no, no, noooooooo~I am absolutely positive I was trembling on this beast of a "ride" for two whole rotations. Only because I got really panicky, started to breathe when we were heading down, and then freaked out and *almost* screamed when it didn't stop but went around for yet another sweat-inducing turn! I swear we were the first on and the last let off.

And this was on a stationary car!;)

BTW~ I'm 34 yrs old and I love, love, love the Tower of Terror, but I HATED the Sunwheel with a burning passion!

rentayenta
10-21-2004, 06:35 PM
I like the Sun Wheel. It's one of the few rides that my whole family can enjoy together at DCA. Speaking of DCA, I can't wait to take my 7 y/o on ToT. She is such a thrill seeker. She loves Indy.

Tinkerbelle923
10-21-2004, 06:45 PM
I went on the sliding wheels ONCE! I was teriffied! I screamed the whole time... Now don't get me wrong I LOVE thrill rides, rollercoasters, can't get enough of them but I am far to scared of heights to enjoy feeling like I'm about to fall to my death.

So on the last trip we took our kids to DCA, they love feris wheels so mommy agreed to go but only in the still cars. My kids got a huge kick out of mommy being so scared. I was almost crying in fact I think I did cry when we ogot to the top, My then 3 year old was confused by this reaction he thought the ride was great so "why mommy sad?"

A nice lady at the exit (who by the way was to scared to even get on) started laughing at me when I RAN off the ride.

TrekkieDad
10-21-2004, 06:49 PM
I didn't find it so scary, only slightly nauseating (and I'm not particularly inclined to motion sickness). The slow rocking started to get to me. My wife didn't like it at all. :p