PDA

View Full Version : 50 Aniversary?

cyberstven
10-21-2004, 01:20 PM
Hey, I am trying to decide when I should stay at one of the hotels at Disneyland for the 50th aniversary. First off, when does the celebration begin with space mountain opening.... May 11th or something? Do you reccomend I stay then, or on July 15th? I want to go to both, but I only want to pay to stay at one of the hotels once. Depending on which one you guys think I should go to, what time would you think I should arrive at Disneyland if I dont stay at the hotel for that day? Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it!

mystycalchyk
10-21-2004, 01:29 PM
Chances are, if you havent already booked for July 17th you may have a hard time.

May 5th is the kick off date for the start of the celebration, and July 17th is the actual anniversary date, but Space Mountain will more than likely not be opened till November 05.

Out of the 2 dates I daresay July 17th will be the bigger deal. You need to book now though

go...stop reading.

dial the phone. NOW

bassett1976
10-21-2004, 01:59 PM
I would say if you can get it, go to July 17th. THe hard part will be getting a hotel room at the DLR. I've heard (but no specifics have been given) that the people staying at the DLR are going to have some perks. I tried to call to change from the PP hotel to the DLH but I was told they had booked out all of the rooms. I don't know if the good neighborhood hotels are already booked.

itig
10-21-2004, 03:26 PM
Does anyone know how far in advance the DLH will take reservations? OK, don't laugh, but I'm thinking about booking for Dec 2005. Is that wise? I'm assuming there won't be any real great deals in the future, but....I just don't know. Any advice?

Thanks all...BTW...I'm a bit of a newbie, but love this site. I appreciate everyone's knowledge, insight and friendliness.

sambo
10-22-2004, 08:35 PM
Usually the bookings are only six months in advance. Sometimes they can book 9 to 10 months ahead. A year is out of the question. I've been told their software won't handle anything at or over a year from the current date.

Earkid
10-23-2004, 02:04 PM
Does anyone know how far in advance the DLH will take reservations? OK, don't laugh, but I'm thinking about booking for Dec 2005. Is that wise? I'm assuming there won't be any real great deals in the future, but....I just don't know. Any advice?

Way back in June we booked the GCH for Nov 30-Dec 2, 2005. It was a presale for the 3 day Anniversary special, the trip package that includes the Walt's footsteps tour and a commorative clock. We have to have it paid for by the end of Dec 2004. I honestly can't remember if it wan only on the AP site or what. Even tho we have AP's the trip package includes parkhoppers but we decided to do it anyway since we have never stayed at GCH and we love Disney at Christmas. Add the 50th Anniversary celebration and we couln't resist.

experiment626
10-23-2004, 04:14 PM
Many hotels off site are also booked for the Anniversary Weekend.

azlaura
10-24-2004, 09:38 AM
"OK, don't laugh, but I'm thinking about booking for Dec 2005. Is that wise? "

I did the same. Yes, they will let you reserve for December! I will be there for Christmas decorations and 50th anniversary celebration...can't wait! :)

I Heart Disneyland!
10-24-2004, 10:02 AM
I booked myself at 2 different neighboring hotels for July 17th. That way, I am booked way in advance, and will cancel the one I decide against before I go. :) I haven't tried a DLR hotel...maybe I should!! Especially if there's fun stuff to be had! Anyone know what kind of special stuff will happen at those hotels?

itig
10-25-2004, 03:01 PM
"OK, don't laugh, but I'm thinking about booking for Dec 2005. Is that wise? "

I did the same. Yes, they will let you reserve for December! I will be there for Christmas decorations and 50th anniversary celebration...can't wait! :)

Thanks azlaura and everyone else! I'm callin' now :)

update....booked for December 5-11. Hopefully there will be some AP discounts between now and then...pretty pricey at the moment for me.

prudence
10-25-2004, 03:45 PM
Egads! Already booking for Dec 2005? Any idea when they might start booking for Jan 2006? We're hoping to arrive 1/1/2006. Yes, we are crazy. Thank you for asking.

rentayenta
10-25-2004, 04:06 PM
Egads! Already booking for Dec 2005? Any idea when they might start booking for Jan 2006? We're hoping to arrive 1/1/2006. Yes, we are crazy. Thank you for asking.

I just checked getawaytoday.com and they are booking into 2006 already. I'm crazy too :D

itig
10-25-2004, 04:28 PM

Crazy indeed :p My thinking is along these lines...it's our traditional time to go to the park when the decorations are up, the crowds are usually lower after the Thanksgiving rush...and hopefully, Space Mountain will be open again! I figure I might as well book it now, since we can take advantage of any specials if they come up between now and then...and I only have to give 72 hours to cancel :)