PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight [Processional] Dec 4 Visit

Werner
10-21-2004, 07:43 AM
Hi All,
How do you think the crowds would be on Dec 4 what with the Candelight Ceremony and all? Also, if we were to forego the Ceremony (it _is_ wonderful but I have enjoyed it several times before), how do you think the rest of the Park would be -- would we have it all to oursevles? LOL Thanks!

Disneyland2004
10-21-2004, 08:24 AM
im not sure but i too will be at disneyland on december 3,4 and 5th yea!!!!

party on Garth...party on Wayne... wheo wheo woo woo

so yea if anyone can let us know what will be going on at Dland on december 3,4,5 that would be cool.

Mommy2NicknMax
10-21-2004, 08:57 AM
I was there for it last year and both days it was crowded. I'd say like summer crowds. Just remember that the parade will be at a different time and that during Candlelight Main Street is a mess. If the monorail is running, use that to get in and out. Have fun!! I'm waiting till the following weekend to go this year.

Surfingstitch
10-22-2004, 07:15 PM
I will be there too during that time.

Maybe I will hide out a the HMH and splash mountain.

SoCalDude
10-22-2004, 07:18 PM
Can somebody fill me in as to what this is?

Werner
10-23-2004, 08:10 AM
The Candlelight Processional is a tradition that goes back to within the first few years of the Park I think. It's a beautiful re-telling of the Christmas Story set to music courtesy of several local church and school choirs who amass for quite a show. There's a live orchestra and a special guest celebrity narrator -- this year it's Marie Osmond. The choir used to process down Main St lit only by hand-held candles; I'm not sure if they still do this now. It's a lovely ceremony that goes for just shy of an hour I think, but people start grabbing a spot to sit in Town Square several hours before, some with blankets to picnic and pass the time. If you haven't yet seen -- and heard (the music is great and sounds even more wonderful over the Park's speakers) -- this Yuletide tradition then it's worth experiencing. The only down side is that all of Main St becomes quite a bottleneck. Since I've been to the Ceremony several times, I'm thinking that with a good chunk of guests jammed into Main St, the rest of the Park may be ripe for pickin'! LOL Hope this helps!

Spazz
10-23-2004, 12:01 PM
I went last year with my sister and it was the most crowded I had seen the park in awhile. If I remember correctly, they ran out of fastpasses for HMH and Splash Mountain by the afternoon and the wait at Pirates was over an hour long. It was very difficult to get around the park especially NOS area and Main Street. We finally gave up for the day and went back to our hotel.

We decided this year that we would go the Dec 11-14 to avoid the candlelight processional crowd and possibly beat the crowds coming in on Christmas vacation time.

SoCalDude
10-26-2004, 12:59 AM
The Candlelight Processional is a tradition that goes back to within the first few years of the Park I think... Hope this helps! yes - it helps very much. Thanks for the info!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
10-26-2004, 01:23 PM
I must be all relative to the way you view crowd. I was going to reschedule our trip for later in December and then I talked to a friend who does DL at least once a month, She said as long as you stay off Main Street during CP the park isn't bad at all. A little crowded during the day, but later it really is pretty pleasant

Pammer
11-04-2004, 09:39 AM
Does anyone know what time the Candlelight Processional is held? We will be there on Sunday, 12/5 (for Walt's and my birthday!), and I want to be sure that we don't get caught in the bottleneck by the train station.

sunnyca
11-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Disneyland's Candlelight Procession and Ceremony, with guest narrator Marie Osmond. Saturday, December 4 and Sunday, December 5.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
11-04-2004, 12:25 PM
I thought I saw either 7 or 8, we will be there the 5th also, celebrating birthdays and hoping that most of the crowds will be on Main Street.

Disneygirl65
11-04-2004, 12:45 PM
There are two each evening, or at least there was last year. Times? I think 6 and 8:30 pm. Let me see if I can check it out. We will be there as well!

Disneygirl65
11-04-2004, 12:50 PM
Yes, last year there were two each evening. One at 5:30pm and one at 8 pm.

Pammer
11-04-2004, 01:07 PM
Thanks Ladies! I also emailed Disneyland.com for the information. You would think that they would post the information with the rest of the event times, but they hadn't yet as of this morning. :rolleyes:

Missing Marbles
11-10-2004, 09:43 AM
Does anyone have specifics about the Candlelight Procession? I know it is Dec 4th/5th and is narrated by Marie Osmond. I would like to know:

1) What time are the performances?

2) Since preferred seating is not through restaurants, is seating first come first serve?

Thanks

RStar
11-10-2004, 09:51 AM
I have heard seeting is reserved for Club 33 patrons only.

In the past there have been two shows a night. I want to say 7:30, and 8:30, but I'm not sure.