PDA

View Full Version : Do you cry when you hear "When You Wish Upon A Star"?

PapiBear
10-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Right now it's closed for refurbishments, but does anyone else get all choked up whenever they pass through the Sleeping Beauty Castle gate and hear "When You Wish Upon A Star"? Or for that matter, do you get moved to tears or even outright cry when you hear the song elsewhere?

I was just wondering. I think it's very likely the most beautiful song to have ever come out of the Mouse House. Not just the music, but the lyrics as well.

JTSnowFan
10-20-2004, 09:45 PM
I do, thats for sure. This is kind of sad to admit (being a huge sports fan and all) but when I see those World Series or Super Bowl winners on the commercials after they win, and you hear "When you wish upon a star" in the background with the voice over of "JT Snow: You've just won the World Series. What are you going to do next?"... "I'm going to Disneyland!!" That's the best!! I almost start to cry! Even when its not my favorite team, that song just does something to me.

my3sons
10-20-2004, 09:54 PM
I start crying when the plane first bumps down at the John Wayne airport!

PapiBear
10-20-2004, 10:08 PM
I do, thats for sure. This is kind of sad to admit (being a huge sports fan and all) but when I see those World Series or Super Bowl winners on the commercials after they win, and you hear "When you wish upon a star" in the background with the voice over of "JT Snow: You've just won the World Series. What are you going to do next?"... "I'm going to Disneyland!!" That's the best!! I almost start to cry! Even when its not my favorite team, that song just does something to me.

It's because the childhood dream of winning the World Series or the Super Bowl just came true, and that song very clearly reminds us that sometimes our dreams do come true.

(Blast it, I couldn't even get through that sentence without welling up and sniffling.... :crying: )

TikiGeek
10-21-2004, 07:31 AM
It's truly a great song (music & lyrics)! I get goosebumps when they play it duing "Believe.." and the "shooting star" firework goes across the sky :) I also love it when The Dapper Dans sing it on Main st. - my wife gets all teary eyed.

Mommy2NicknMax
10-21-2004, 08:54 AM
I do. In fact I went to an Antique shop and found an old Fisher Price "radio" baby toy for my sons that plays "When You Wish Upon A Star." Gotta raise them right. ;)

itig
10-21-2004, 09:23 AM
I don't think I've ever actually cried, but I do get warm fuzzies all over :) ...it's the quintessential Disney song and is attached to so many wonderful memories.

MrsPooh
10-21-2004, 10:40 AM
Yeah, gotta admit I do too!

And I usually try to hide it lest I look stupid for crying in DL! Now I know I am in good company! ;)

ppmuse
10-21-2004, 11:04 AM
Don't find myself tearing up too much at Disneyland. I go, have a good time, and leave. Though the gun shots on Jungle Cruise over the weekend almost brought tears to my eyes. And when I get stuck either on POTC in front of the dog, or on Small World, do I start to go insane and starting tearing up (if I have have to listen to that guy whistling one more time).

But when I went to WDW, everybody always talked about tearing up the last time you ride the monorail. On the 10th day of our vacation, as we were getting ready to leave, I did tear up, when I disembarked from the monorail. Man do I miss that place.

pokeypoke
10-21-2004, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I admit it! This 40 year-old man still tears up everytime I leave the park (WDW too) and hear that song. I sometimes get choked up if I hear that song accomanied by a Disney commercial or at the begining of a classic Disney movie. That particular song brings back MANY cherished memories of when I was younger and when I used to work for Disney.

Pokey :) :)

Disney Vault
10-21-2004, 03:04 PM
I dont cry but I do get chills when watching most of the movies or hearing many of the Disney sonfs. (BTW I am talking about good Good Chills with goose bumps not the spooky kind.)

justjason
10-21-2004, 03:16 PM
I don't think I've cried but I did get misty when I saw the fireworks on my last day at Disneyland last April. And i am sure I will get misty again this time.

Hakuna Makarla
10-21-2004, 03:58 PM
cry ? the only time I cry is when I am sicker then a dog and have no one to babysit the kids so I can stay in bed! or when I have to get up at 6:00 am ( I do everyday of the week) and theres 12 inchs of snow and I have to shovel out before I can get to my car ! and of course it rained before it snowed so getting the ice off under the snow makes for a nice beginning to my day!
I work everyday and all holidays, so crying could come pretty easy around here:rolleyes: !
I do not think I have ever cried for a song;)

I Heart Disneyland!
10-22-2004, 09:20 AM
:crying: I don't cry when I hear a specific song, but, do get teared up when I enter the gates of DL, and on the last day we're there...as we leave, I cry! (Yes, 43 years old....not 5!) I get all goose-bumpy throughout the park, when we hit the rides for the first time and hear the music, smell the smells and hear the sounds! Ahhhh---can't WAIT to get down there next year!!!

sambo
10-22-2004, 08:17 PM
I have been known to. :crying:

Opus1guy
10-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Depends who's singing it.

When Michael Jackson sang it on Disneyland's 25th Anniversary television special...I cried. Ugh.

Pirate Girl
10-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Um, yeah. Every time.

disneyboy7
10-22-2004, 09:22 PM
Yes I do. My biggest wish is for No Civil War in 2004. I fear not Al Queda, I fear some of my fellow Americans. :crying:

SCUBAbe
10-22-2004, 09:29 PM
they play music in the castle?? I suppose i'll have to take a walk through it when it re-opens. I usually avoid fantasyland, but on the last few visits I did enjoy spending time there. I must be getting better at ignoring chuldren...LOL...or maybe every child pales in comparrison to the little brats that scream in the street in front of my house everyday. (They actually broke all the sprinklers in the yard next to mine. Now it's like gysers going off and they run through them. It's cold out and they run through the sprinklers...not a parent in site from morning until night...*sigh*)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-23-2004, 11:08 PM
YES! I cry on our first day and then on our last monorail ride out of the park, that is how we always end our trips. I am a sap!