PDA

View Full Version : Every ride in a day ...

nightdesigns
10-20-2004, 04:59 PM
I have a goal to hit every ride in DL in a single day. I plan on doing this on a weekday in november, when the crowds are low. I think it can be done, and done in about 6 hours, maybe less.

I've started plotting out the route, this is where it stands. Rides are defined as something that moves mechanically ... Innovations is questionable. yes it moves, but is it a ride? Is the horsecarriage and firetruck on main street considered a ride?

Enter the park through main street

First stop, Adventure Land:
Jungle Cruise
Indy

NOS:
Pirates
HM

Critter Country:
Splash
Pooh

Frontier Land:
Tom Sawyer (Ride?)
Columbia/Mark Twain
BTM

Fantasy Land (Order May Vary):
Casey Jr. Circus Train
Pinocchino
Snow White (If open)
King Arthur Carrousel
Dumbo
Peter Pan
Mr. Toad
Alice
Mad Tea Party
Storybook Land
Mattehorn (If Open)
IASW

Toon Town (Order May Vary):
Gadget's GO Coaster
Roger Rabbit
Donald's Boat

Hitch a ride on the Rail Road from Toon Town to Tomorrowland

Tomorrowland:
Autopia
Buzz (2005)
Astro Orbitor
Star Tours
Space Mountain (2005)

And last
Take the monorail out of the park.

If the time for each ride is 15 mintues from getting into line to getting off of the ride, then it'd take about 7 hours. It's usually empty enough in november that most rides don't even have a wait.

Miss anything?

twinmama1999
10-20-2004, 05:03 PM
Wow, you've really thought this out. Sounds like a plausible plan to me, if the lines are decent that day?

But what about Tarzan's Treehouse? Is that considered a ride?

Lekta
10-20-2004, 05:11 PM
You forgot HISTA... that surely has to be considered a ride/attraction and should be included on the list I think....

disneyhound
10-20-2004, 05:12 PM
Great plan/goal... You will have to post a follow-up and let us know how close you came to your actual time estimate!

CoasterChickie
10-20-2004, 05:47 PM
You said Tom Sawyer's Island which you get to by raft, but did you say anything about going on the canoe around the island?

soccerlady16
10-20-2004, 06:13 PM
I think you can do it. I was able to do most of the rides on your list when I took my family in July. We were a group of 10, so that slowed us down a lot! We also walk to McDonales, watched Snow White and the parade. Also we had to be done by 9:00 to watch the Fireworks and get a seat for Fantasmic!

Make sure to take advantage of fastpasses! Eat while waiting in line. Go with a small group. I've always wanted try it too. keep us posted! Good luck :D

Wavesprite1
10-20-2004, 06:53 PM
Did you miss the Monorail?

SoCalSteven
10-20-2004, 07:13 PM
Did you miss the Monorail?
The monorail is the last thing.

HorizonsA
10-20-2004, 08:03 PM
I have a goal to hit every ride in DL in a single day. I plan on doing this on a weekday in november, when the crowds are low. I think it can be done, and done in about 6 hours, maybe less.

My advice, be there when Rope Drops ( if they even do that anymore)

I Heart Disneyland!
10-20-2004, 08:09 PM
I've done it in a day! When DL was open til midnight. :) It was a fuuuuun day too. We just went from land to land and did it all, we were pooped, but, the best pooped out you could be. It was a last day at DL and we wanted to be sure to do it all before we left, not knowing when we'd be able to go back. Good luck to you.... I know you can do it!!! :D

Saratoga75
10-20-2004, 08:32 PM
nightdesigns, wishing you all the best on your goal let us know how you do? I think its very possible for you to achieve it! Personally I know i could achieve it as well, but its been a while since ive been with my family and friends to disneyland for just 1 day - 2 days seems much more fun!

<Disneyland/CA Adventure once again in 38 Days >

Tigertail777
10-20-2004, 09:06 PM
I dunno I think the only way this is possible now is to make a dash for the most popular fastpasses. Once the FP's run out on certain rides like splash its next to impossible to to do standby on any kind of short time period. I think carefully managing FP's is your best bet.

Mermaid
10-21-2004, 05:23 AM
I think you could do it but I have had a lot of luck with this early morning rte:

Head all the way back to Splash grabbing a FP for Indy on the way, then:
Splash
Pooh
Mansion
POC
Treehouse
Before Indy grab FP for Thunder (your window should be open by now... thanks Darkbeer!!)
Indy
Jungle Cruise
Tiki (if open)
Frontierland boat rides
then Thunder and then on to Fanatsyland

I did this on the 4th of July and was done with all those rides in under 2 hours. Allthough, I didn't do the boat rides. They secret was the FP to Indy. We had a family who followed a similar pattern of Splash through the Treehouse, we actually saw them in every line. When we got to Indy, I actually heard them say "How did they get a FP already?" :)

tstan70
10-21-2004, 06:03 AM
I think I would grab a fastpass to Indy then hit all of the Fantasyland rides. If you wait too long, you could spend 3-4 hours there just waiting in lines.

GrumpyUTboi
10-21-2004, 06:26 AM
Night,

Let me make a suggestion. You need to hit HISTA near the end of your day because with the enjoyment factor of HISTA you will want to visit that attraction again and again and again. Plus with all the walking that you will be doing HISTA will provide you with 20 minutes of time off your feet. The value of HISTA is numerous in fact to numerous to count. But well all know just how much fun HISTA can be. :D

sdfilmcritic
10-21-2004, 06:39 AM
It sounds like someone needs an antiHISTAmine to solve some of their problems.

dlandnut
10-21-2004, 06:45 AM
It sounds like someone needs an antiHISTAmine to solve some of their problems.

LOL!!! We have some clever people on these posts!!! We need a trip report regarding your stab at one day in the park. I'm curious to see if you succeeded in your goal! :)

snappy
10-21-2004, 07:15 AM
It can and you will do it in ONE day. My friends and I did it last year and finished up at 8:45pm. Our last ride of the day was the Monorail which took the longest wait. We even had 2 sit down meals. (Carnation cafe, Rancho Zocalo). Our schedule was pre-planned also, I'll send you the list and times of completion. You'll have a blast and will be extremely tired. We actually started with all of the Fantasy land rides first. Didn't use any fast pass tickets. When we decided to do this stunt, people were saying it wouldn't count because Space was down with a couple of others. I say it does count and it's a lot of fun. This year we're setting up to do both parks!! Not sure if time will allow us, but it will be fun. Remember to keep your times and try to document it with a digital camera. On each ride we took pictures to prove our adventure. Have fun!!

Pammer
10-21-2004, 11:38 AM
I agree about starting with Fantasyland...there are no fastpasses for anything, and the lines get longer throughout the day because of all of the families that spend a lot of their time there with their young-uns. We always start our day on Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, and Alice, for this very reason!

Have a great time! :)

DISNEYloon
10-21-2004, 11:42 AM
I'd personally take the train from Main St. upon entering DL to NOS, then go about your plan.

I'm GREEN with envy!

justjason
10-21-2004, 02:57 PM
It is absolutely possible to ride everything at Disneyland in one day. You can probably do it in less than 6 hours if you use the Fast Pass system strategically.

I would probably hit Adventure land first, make my way to Critter Country by way of New Orleans. Then come through Frontierland into Fantasyland then hit Mickey's Toontown. From there go to Tomorrowland, hop the train and go around the park so you arrive back at Tomorrowland to board the Monorail.

I think by going through Adventureland first you'll do less back tracking later. If the lines are too long, Fast Pass it and come back later if you need to. I don't think you'll have much problem though if you are going during an off peak season.

redgryphen
10-21-2004, 07:29 PM
I have done DL in a day many times.

Best to be there at rope drop. Hit up Fantasyland first before it becomes Stollerhell. Use fast passes and single rider lines.