PDA

View Full Version : Sights of DL

splashmtngurl
10-20-2004, 03:08 PM
this is right up alongside with Sounds of DL but still.

Lekta
10-20-2004, 04:53 PM
I, like any other DL fan, love to see the main entrace, with Mickey Mouse detailed in the flowers... BUT, what I really love is the plaque while entering the tunnels in....

"Here you leave......."

Love it!

disneyhound
10-20-2004, 05:16 PM
For me, it's the sight of the water in POC, when you come out of the sunlight, the smell of chlorine, sounds of the water, look of the boats and the CM's... Hey, it's my favorite ride! ;)

soccerlady16
10-20-2004, 06:18 PM
I, like any other DL fan, love to see the main entrace, with Mickey Mouse detailed in the flowers... BUT, what I really love is the plaque while entering the tunnels in....

"Here you leave......."

Love it!

My fav too!!

Also when I was little I would start jumping up and down at the sight of the Matterhorn from the freeway! :D

splashmtngurl
10-20-2004, 07:26 PM
my favorite thing...believe it or not is seeing the look on a little girls face when she first meets minnie mouse or a princess. its so special. i cant wait untill (trust me its going to be a LONG time before this happens :fez: ) i have a daughter of my own and can watch the look on her face when she first meets her own disney idol. Oh so precios!!! i guess this is why i would like to work for disney...i get so much enjoyment out of other peoples enjoyment that i think it would be perfect!

CarlieB
10-20-2004, 07:32 PM
I like the view from the river front over the Rivers of America, with the Mark Twain in the background. Also, the area around BTMR is really nice.

In DCA I like the area around GRR - it's nicely themed, imho.

SallySkellington
10-20-2004, 07:47 PM
I love first seeing Jack atop the HMH gate as you near it. Oh, let's face it, I love seeing anything in and around HMH. ;)

I love watching people come down the Splash Mountain drop.

I love seeing Rex on Star Tours, he's so funny! :D

sdfilmcritic
10-20-2004, 11:49 PM
Hmm, tough question.

dlandnut
10-21-2004, 06:37 AM
I love seeing something for the first time, even though I've been to DL many times. It's like magic all over again. I love seeing the top of Matterhorn Mountain when I first arrive to the DL area. I love seeing London below me in the dark as I ride Peter Pan. I love seeing the looks on everyones faces as they enter DL. :)

sdfilmcritic
10-21-2004, 06:40 AM
I love seeing something for the first time, even though I've been to DL many times. It's like magic all over again. I love seeing the top of Matterhorn Mountain when I first arrive to the DL area. I love seeing London below me in the dark as I ride Peter Pan. I love seeing the looks on everyones faces as they enter DL. :)
Did you see the bedroom window on the second story and just to the left of Big Ben of the Peter Pan building? There's Teddy Bears living in the bedroom window and you can hear Peter and Wendy talking about flying away to Neverland.

dlandnut
10-21-2004, 07:24 AM
Did you see the bedroom window on the second story and just to the left of Big Ben of the Peter Pan building? There's Teddy Bears living in the bedroom window and you can hear Peter and Wendy talking about flying away to Neverland.

I have never noticed, but will make a point of looking next June, when I turn 50 and so does DL!!! thanks for the info :)

Disneyland2004
10-21-2004, 08:37 AM
my favorite part is when you are walking down mainstreet and you come up to the statue of Walt. In a way it shows that Disneyland is like a second home for some of us...

Disneyland Till I Die...

figmentspark
10-21-2004, 08:49 AM
my favorite part is when you are walking down mainstreet and you come up to the statue of Walt. In a way it shows that Disneyland is like a second home for some of us...

That's my favorite part to! Especially with the castle right behind Walt and Mickey. It's amazing!

DISNEYloon
10-21-2004, 08:52 AM
Ohhh, right when you walk in from under the railroad and you can see all the way down Main St. to the Castle.............LOVE IT!

I also like seeing IASM, just brings back 'kid' memories!

itig
10-21-2004, 09:29 AM
The view up main street...especially at night when all the lights are on.

small world at Christmas - makes me feel like I was just dropped into the Candyland Game

...and as soccerlady16 said, seeing the Matterhorn (and Space Mountain) from the freeway