PDA

View Full Version : Rod Miller... When does he appear?

thinktink
10-20-2004, 03:03 PM
I seem to always miss him at the Refreshment Corner :crying: . Does anyone know when he is usually scheduled to appear? This way I can plan to be there and not miss out. :D

RStar
10-20-2004, 03:18 PM
There's a great website about Rod here, but it hasn't been updated in a while and has no dates:click here (http://members.laughingplace.com/rodmiller)

You can get his album here:click here (http://www.fourhandpiano.com/ragtime.htm)

He isn't even listed on the DL website. I hope someone can chime in with his dates, but they may vary. Also, they will be moving him sometime in the future from what I hear, so be aware of that. He will get a room all for himself! And out of the weather too! :fez:

I hope that helps a little. I have spent a few minutes here and there with Rod, and he has watched my kids grow up. He also has great stories to tell. When you see him ask him about the trip in the hearse. ;)

stan4d_steph
10-20-2004, 03:48 PM
I don't know where he is these days. When I was at DL over Columbus Day weekend, they were painting the Coke Corner area, so the place where his piano usually is was behind a wall. Perhaps he's been relocated temporarily?

RagtimePrince
10-20-2004, 04:00 PM
He plays Wednesday through Sunday from around 8 hours before closing to closing, last time I asked. :)

He also did a four-hand album with a guy named Alan Thompson, just imagine Rod and then about that many more notes added in on the same piano and it makes sense why it's a worthy purchase.

AVP
10-20-2004, 04:37 PM
He plays Wednesday through Sunday from around 8 hours before closing to closing, last time I asked. :) You are correct. During the refurbishment of Coke Corner, he has been moved across the patio. If the new Gazaebo at the Plaza Pavillion is not ready before the next phase of the Coke Corner refurb starts, they may move Rod next to the Main Street Cone Shop, where he was a few years ago during another paving project.

AVP