PDA

View Full Version : Sounds of DL

dlandnut
10-20-2004, 11:59 AM
I was thinking about all the wonderful sounds that you hear as you are in Disneyland. One of my favorites is the sounds/music that comes from the Pirates of the Carribean as you are entering the attraction. It sounds so mysterious, and then evolves to ending with the finale of the familiar "Yo, Ho, Yo, Ho, a Pirate's Life for Me". I also love to hear the words as you take off in Peter Pan, although I don't know the exact words. Can somebody help me with what words are said as you "fly"? I love to hear the whistle of the Mark Twain Steamboat, and that sound is something you can even hear from Downtown Disney and the DL Hotel. One of the former sounds that I loved was listening to the organ music as you walked past the Swiss Family Treehouse. What other DL sounds lift your spirits? :)

HorizonsA
10-20-2004, 12:15 PM
I also love to hear the words as you take off in Peter Pan, although I don't know the exact words. Can somebody help me with what words are said as you "fly"? :)

"Come on everybody, here we goooooooooooooo....off to Neverland"

Music is a big part of any Disney theme park. Splash Mountain has the best que music. When standing in line at the entrance, you can hear "How Do You Do?" and I love it. Then when you get to the station you can hear the "Zip-A-Doo-Dah" music. It really builds up my excitment for the ride.

I also love the outdoor music to It's a small World Holiday as well as the regular small world music. Mark Twain's Whitsle is a great Disneyland classic. The sounds from the Matterhorn is enticing. The sounds from the Snow White's Wishing Well is soothing. The whistle from Big Thunder Mountain Trains is cool. And the music you hear when walking down Main Street is great.

Mukta
10-20-2004, 12:48 PM
The instrumental Very merry unbirthday from teacups. When I was a kid, just thinking about that music would get me all excited about my next trip.

AlxVision360
10-20-2004, 12:50 PM
As you first enter the park, hearing the chug chug chug of the train as it pulls into the Main Street station starts the magic of Disneyland for me!

got2travel
10-20-2004, 01:29 PM
I love the sounds so much too....my friends think I'm crazy because I bought a Disneyland CD. Whenever I need a DL fix, I just pop in the CD. It starts out with..."Your attention please..." from the train ride. I can't remember the name of the CD, but I bought it in DL. Its got songs from Main Street, Tiki Room, Indy, Pirates, Start Tours, Fantasmic, Believe, Space Mountain (now this one really is helping with my DL withdrawl since SM has been closed for so long), Splash Mountain, Country Bears, Haunted Mansion.. and I think a few other, but I can't remember right now.

RemainSeatedPlease
10-20-2004, 01:51 PM
-I love the music on Mainstreet
-Frontierland with the mark twain and the shooting gallery gun shots
-"Permanecer sentados, por favor"...Of course
-The motor's on the jungle cruise boats. sound they make..I dunno perhaps it's just because it's disneyland....I like some random sounds...
-when they have the steel drums in adventure land, there was a band there two of my trips when I was littler...but I haven't seen them back since.....wonder where they went...
-Love the bands in New Orleans
oooooooooo I almost forgot my fav, the jingle noise the turnstiles make when you enter the park...i love those things....

tstan70
10-20-2004, 02:08 PM
I, um, "downloaded" a bunch of disneyland ride tracks and songs and put them together last year before a trip to disneyland for my kids to listen to. The CD is almost always in the car as my daughter loves to listen to it. "Believe... there's magic in the stars" is one of her favorites.

I love to hear the steam whistle of the Mark Twain
the "clippety-clop" of the horses on main street
The clock at It's a Small World
The eerie music when you walk into The Haunted Mansion
The Main street music faintly heard while walking Main Street

If you need a real fix for the sounds, you can go to live365.com and listen to Hitchiking Ghost and Park Hopper Radio to hear those sounds... do a search on the site for Disneyland and you'll find them

CarlieB
10-20-2004, 02:11 PM
I love these threads:) I'll start listing, but I know I'll miss some...

~ the music in the esplanade
~ the music in Main Street
~ the organ music in the Haunted Mansion
~ the music as you approach POTC
~ All the music on Splash
~ the drums in Adventureland

Not DL but:

~ the music around Paradise Pier in DCA - reminds me of sitting in the sun waiting for my friends to get off Screamin' or the Sun Wheel
~ the soundtrack on Soarin'
~ the music in the Condor Flats area

Ooh, and the turnstiles noise - how could I forget that?!:D

DISNEYloon
10-20-2004, 02:44 PM
[QUOTE=HorizonsA]"Come on everybody, here we goooooooooooooo....off to Neverland"

Music is a big part of any Disney theme park. Splash Mountain has the best que music. When standing in line at the entrance, you can hear "How Do You Do?" and I love it. Then when you get to the station you can hear the "Zip-A-Doo-Dah" music. It really builds up my excitment for the ride.
QUOTE]

MY ABSOLUTELY FAVORITE!!!!!

Plus the 'dixieland' music in NOS........no other time would i stop and LISTEN to dixieland music.

DISNEYloon
10-20-2004, 02:47 PM
FOUND IT

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005HT8P/qid=1098312353/sr=1-8/ref=sr_1_8/002-6793522-4439213?v=glance&s=music

RStar
10-20-2004, 03:04 PM
I always perk right up when I hear the music on Main Street right after entering. No matter what my mood, I become happy. Thank you Walt.......

splashmtngurl
10-20-2004, 03:07 PM
i go to Disneyland simply to hear the sound of laughter (well not quite the dramatic ;)) i love that sound and the sound alone can change your whole day!

itig
10-20-2004, 03:34 PM
FOUND IT

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005HT8P/qid=1098312353/sr=1-8/ref=sr_1_8/002-6793522-4439213?v=glance&s=music

We have been going crazy trying to find the Casey Jr. song for my oldest son. I called Disney Delivears folks and they couldn't find it. Anyone know where I might be able to locate this one? On our recent trip (Oct 9-12) we must have rode Casey at least 8 times...he can't get enough.

outlaw8
10-20-2004, 04:00 PM
Disney was selling this one on Ebay....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2277712416&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6
Though I think I already had it ..I'll see when they mail it to me...

Lekta
10-20-2004, 04:52 PM
FOUND IT

Now, don't get me wrong, I love Disneyland and ALL the sounds associated with it, but $40.00 for a CD is robbery....

disneyhound
10-20-2004, 05:18 PM
As you leave HM, "hurrrry baaaccckkk..."

Viva La Disney
10-20-2004, 06:13 PM
The instrumental Very merry unbirthday from teacups. When I was a kid, just thinking about that music would get me all excited about my next trip.
THAT IS FREAKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! every time i think of the very merry unbirthday song (Wich I do all the time) I also can't stop thinking of how much I love Disneyland!

I Heart Disneyland!
10-20-2004, 06:23 PM
I hate to be redundant, BUT, I also LOVE the teacups song! (Very Merry Unbirthday) That goes through my head over and over and it's WONDERFUL! (When I am there, not when I'm home, though right now, I can't stop singing it!) :p The way it sounds is so cute! I also love the sound when you walk through the gates, and the AP holders have that certain chime that goes off when they go through, I love that sound and always get so excited to get inside! :D

I Heart Disneyland!
10-20-2004, 06:25 PM
We have been going crazy trying to find the Casey Jr. song for my oldest son. I called Disney Delivears folks and they couldn't find it. Anyone know where I might be able to locate this one? On our recent trip (Oct 9-12) we must have rode Casey at least 8 times...he can't get enough.

WHAT A CUTIE PIE PICTURE YOU HAVE AS YOUR PHOTO!! :)

PapiBear
10-20-2004, 08:00 PM
Now, don't get me wrong, I love Disneyland and ALL the sounds associated with it, but $40.00 for a CD is robbery....

It's expensive because it's an JAPANESE IMPORT CD, not produced in the US. International shipping fees are factored in, as well as the dollar/yen exchange rate. And CDs in Japan average higher than in the US. So $42 for an imported CD is relatively reasonable, all things considered.

PapiBear
10-20-2004, 08:10 PM

It was originally in the movie Dumbo (where we see and hear Casey Jr. for the first time), and although it's currently out of print, copies of the film's soundtrack can be located through at Amazon.com third party vendors for a reasonable price (check Track 3 for an audio sample). http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005ABOD/qid=1098331183/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/104-3843570-0314346?v=glance&s=music

You might also want to check the DVD (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005KARK/qid=1098331647/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-3843570-0314346?v=glance&s=dvd), which includes a behind-the-scenes look at how they created Casey Jr.'s voice.

sdfilmcritic
10-20-2004, 11:49 PM
I don't know why I like it so much but one of my favorites is...

"Drive, your turn is all clear" Honk! Honk!

olegc
10-21-2004, 09:37 AM
Another place to hear sounds from parks around the globe is
http://www.soundofmagic.com

although at times the streaming is flaky... Very music focused - so there may not be many "atmosphere" sounds, like horses, bells, etc.

itig
10-22-2004, 07:11 AM
WHAT A CUTIE PIE PICTURE YOU HAVE AS YOUR PHOTO!! :)

Thanks...that's my youngest son on his first B-day. The funny thing is, up to that point, he wouldn't let us put anything on his head (like a hat). We put the Tigger ears on him and he didn't want us to take them off. I guess it's hereditary :)

I Heart Disneyland!
10-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Thanks...that's my youngest son on his first B-day. The funny thing is, up to that point, he wouldn't let us put anything on his head (like a hat). We put the Tigger ears on him and he didn't want us to take them off. I guess it's hereditary :)

Haha! The Disney gene is VERY strong! :) He's a cutie pie!!! :D