PDA

View Full Version : Private Party

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ace
11-27-2001, 07:33 PM
has anyone here been to a private party at Disneyland? And do you know how much it costs to rent the entire park for (how long?)... do they keep all the rides open? how does it work?

innerSpaceman
11-27-2001, 07:42 PM
Well Squinky, I've been to quite a few private parties at Disneyland. Not the kind where Liz Taylor or Michael Jackson rents out the Park, mind you, but the type where TRW or American Express rents the Park out for an employees only-type party. As such, I do not know how much it costs to rent Disneyland for the night. I can tell you that for the big company parties I went to, everything was open and that must have cost a bundle. I have had a blast at these parties, cause the gloves are off, so to speak, and I at least have felt the freedom to act with even more abandon than I usually do at the Magic Kingdom.

Not Afraid
11-27-2001, 07:56 PM
I went to a private party quite a while ago (before the new Tomorrowland). The best thing about it was the lack of crowds. All of the rides were walk-on and they were all open. I rode the Rocket Jets 17 times in a row without getting off. It was awsome - especially in retrospect. Cost wise - I have no clue. It probably depends on what kind of organization you are ie: profit, non-profit, community, etc.

cyberRoo
11-27-2001, 08:11 PM
A few years ago, the Disney Store catalog offered "SuperGifts" or something, that included private parties, although I think these were just land based. If you can find a true Disney freak, they might have the old ones... My vague recollection was in the tens of thousands of dollars.

Of course, you could always call Disneyland and say you were considering it...

cemeinke
11-27-2001, 08:49 PM
I overheard someone say it costs $50,000 to rent Disneyland for a night, but that sounds kind of low to me. I'd think the labor cost alone of all the cast members working the night would be substantial--Anyone know how many cast members it takes to run the park for an evening?

stinkerbell
11-27-2001, 08:52 PM
That sounds like a math question to me--
straight out of high school algebra class.

I would love to know the answer though!

mad4mky
11-27-2001, 09:00 PM
I went to a private party there twice, one a few years ago, and one many years ago.
The best. Both have been the best times at DL. No wait...no crowds. Beautiful nights. We had a blast.:)

One company was Kodak...and the other was hmmm...and "F" name...can't remember now. I'm past my bed time.

DisneylandKid
11-28-2001, 05:14 AM
My dad used to work for First Interstate Bank, and I believe they had a party there---I don't think they do it anymore, does anyone?

I bet it costs around $70,000.

tjrj
11-28-2001, 06:12 AM
My Dad & Mom were "lifetime" employees of Pacific Bell-telephone company. Went to all the "employee only" nights that were offered. It's the most magical experience. No crowds, no lines and everything up and running just like it would be for a regular night. In fact, my hubby and I had one of our first dates there.

KarenW2
11-28-2001, 08:14 AM
Before I got married 23 years ago, I worked for Bank of America. Once a year or so, they had private parties at Disneyland. Those were the best! They started back in the days when they still had tickets, so getting a button hang tag that let you into all the rides was a big deal, cos you didn't have to deal with tickets! It also couldn't be beat, cos as others have already mentioned, all the rides were walk-ons, and you almost felt as tho you "owned" Disneyland for the night! It was wonderful!!

The private parties were much better than "mix-in" parties, cos you were the only ones there. The mix-ins were precicely that, you were there with the "regular" paying guests, at the same hours and all, you just had a better priced ticket (the pass mentioned above). The other neat thing about the private parties was that you were there later than regular park hours.

mad4mky
11-28-2001, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by KarenW2
Before I got married 23 years ago, I worked for Bank of America. Once a year or so, they had private parties at Disneyland. Those were the best! They started back in the days when they still had tickets, so getting a button hang tag that let you into all the rides was a big deal, cos you didn't have to deal with tickets! It also couldn't be beat, cos as others have already mentioned, all the rides were walk-ons, and you almost felt as tho you "owned" Disneyland for the night! It was wonderful!!

The private parties were much better than "mix-in" parties, cos you were the only ones there. The mix-ins were precicely that, you were there with the "regular" paying guests, at the same hours and all, you just had a better priced ticket (the pass mentioned above). The other neat thing about the private parties was that you were there later than regular park hours.

Karen, Those are the ones I went to...the non-mix in parties. Unbelievable fun. You did feel as though you "owned" Disneyland. Felt all wiped out the next day because of pulling an all-nighter, but it was worth it!:)

Nigel2
11-28-2001, 10:49 AM
I wonder if they have a pricing scale for the parties, like all the park at night costs the most, then it goes down and probably you can get to something like the haloween treats where there was no tommorrowland and toontown

snappy
11-28-2001, 11:01 AM
Southern California Gas company had private parties up until this year. This year they offered the mix-in ticket which is with the general public. For approximately the last 30+ years they had an exclusive private party which would begin at 8pm to 1am. I remember when I was a youngster the lines were very small. My grandfather(Who worked for SCG) would pride himself on getting me on 15 rides in a single night! Pretty cool experience for kids and adults. I don't know how much it cost but I bet it's pretty expensive. The private parties are usually during the off peak periods (Sept,Oct) with no frills or thrills, fantasmic etc.

Kevin Yee
11-28-2001, 11:07 AM
Private parties cost about $100,000 ten years ago to have the whole park open. Or so I remember, anyway. With normal inflation that would make it like $140,000 now, wouldn't it? (or is that Disney-style inflation... it's very depressing to realize full day admission was $18 in 1986).

One-land-only parties, called Enchanted Evenings, are priced via a menu of offerings. If you want NOS, it costs X amounts of money. Add rides one at a time for even more money. Catered food (ie on food tables) and keep adding. Fireworks? Anything can be yours, but you have to pay for it. It's all "a la carte."

Mix-ins are far cheaper, which is why many companies do mix-ins these days rather than private parties.

Ace
11-28-2001, 03:23 PM
oh. ok then. Well, I know what I'll be doing for my birthdays when I'm older. How long do the parties last?

Nigel2
11-28-2001, 09:14 PM
It probably depends on how much money you are willing to depart with.

zapppop
11-28-2001, 09:17 PM
With the money it would cost, I'd rather buy another house.

Ghoulish Delight
11-29-2001, 07:10 AM
Where the heck do you live that you can buy a house with 100,000??

mad4mky
11-29-2001, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
Where the heck do you live that you can buy a house with 100,000??

Not in California anyway....:(

MonorailMan
11-29-2001, 07:50 AM
You can pick up a nice house in Apple Valley for $100,000.

Ace
11-29-2001, 04:18 PM
money is (will be.......) no object.... how long is a party?

MammaSilva
11-29-2001, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
money is (will be.......) no object.... how long is a party?

and who is invited?? LOL

Ace
11-29-2001, 07:13 PM
everyone. if we had 1000 people, we could each spend 100 and get it for a night.... and there would be no lines!

Nigel2
11-29-2001, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by mad4mky

Not in California anyway....:(

Well definately not in south orange county.:D

zapppop
11-29-2001, 10:27 PM
well maybe not a house in California but you could get a couple cars.