PDA

View Full Version : Favorite spot for the parade and fireworks?

thinktink
10-20-2004, 10:56 AM
I was just curious where the best spot to watch the fireworks is. I am going in Dec and want to be where the "snow" will be comig down. I know it is fake snow, but my son will love it anyway. Also we all have are favorite spots for the parades. I personally like the end of mainstreet, how about you? :D

got2travel
10-20-2004, 11:07 AM
My favorite parade spot is at Rivers of America. I catch the first Fantasmic, then stick around for the fireworks. Sometimes I even spring for the Fantasmi dessert buffett. Great views, but you do miss out on the castle effect.

As for parades, I like the end of Main Street too, right in front of the hat shop.

I know there are probably some less crowded spots, but that's where we usually end up.

JTSnowFan
10-20-2004, 11:31 AM
Main street, especially for the Christmas fireworks. The fireworks (all of them) are choreographed (sp?) to be behind the castle, so you must get a spot with the castle in front of you to view the fireworks at its best. And the "snow" machines on main street are the best. Make sure you dont get too close too the Walt and Mickey statue in that center circle. There are fewer snow machines that close. I'd say right in the middle of main street to about where the street starts to make the "circle" around in front of the castle. I always stand somewhere in there, and its the best view

thinktink
10-20-2004, 11:36 AM
Main street, especially for the Christmas fireworks. The fireworks (all of them) are choreographed (sp?) to be behind the castle, so you must get a spot with the castle in front of you to view the fireworks at its best. And the "snow" machines on main street are the best. Make sure you dont get too close too the Walt and Mickey statue in that center circle. There are fewer snow machines that close. I'd say right in the middle of main street to about where the street starts to make the "circle" around in front of the castle. I always stand somewhere in there, and its the best view

Thank you, that is great advice!

sami869
10-20-2004, 12:02 PM
I've always felt mainstreet and the area in front of the castle was far too crowded during the fireworks so our favorite palce to watch them is from the second level of the inoventions building (on the balcany type area right after you exit the building). But if you're going for the holiday fireworks and want to see the 'snow' then you'll definitly need to be in that main street/front of castle area.

HorizonsA
10-20-2004, 12:08 PM
In my opinion, there are two great spots for the fireworks, one of which everyone will be and the other no one thinks to go.

Small World Promenade area is one of the best spots. I once sat at the entrance to Small World and watched the fireworks from there and no CMs came up to me and said I had to move, they just let me sit there and watch. No one was trying to get in line for it anyway. That way, if you sit right there, you can get in line and on the ride before anyone even begins to get up from there fireworks seats. But Since you want snow, then maybe that's not the best spot.

The second spot is on Matterhorn Way on the side of the Castle. You can hear the music plain as day when standing or sitting there. ANd since you would be right next to Main Street, you can easily walk over and get some snow when the show is over.

JTSnowFan
10-20-2004, 12:15 PM
I've always felt mainstreet and the area in front of the castle was far too crowded during the fireworks so our favorite palce to watch them is from the second level of the inoventions building (on the balcany type area right after you exit the building). But if you're going for the holiday fireworks and want to see the 'snow' then you'll definitly need to be in that main street/front of castle area.

I agree that it does get a bit crowded at Main Street, but you should just get there at least 15 minutes early. And hey, when its crowded you know you're in the right spot because everyone else knows it the best place to view the fireworks.

And I agree with the Its A Small World poster. The fireworks are actually shot off from directly behind the "mountains" in toontown, so over there you can see it all very well. However, you don't get the full frontal view like you do with the castle, and the snow machines are not there.

got2travel
10-20-2004, 01:33 PM
And I agree with the Its A Small World poster. The fireworks are actually shot off from directly behind the "mountains" in toontown, so over there you can see it all very well. However, you don't get the full frontal view like you do with the castle, and the snow machines are not there.

I got snowed on in front of Small World.

Just be sure to check your park map, that tells you where the snow will be. Last year it snowed on Main Street, in front of the castle, in front of Small World and at the Rivers of America.

Darkbeer
10-20-2004, 06:30 PM
IMHO, for the fireworks with SNOW, my favorite place is in front of the Penny Arcade on Main Street... the main reason why is the lighting for the snow effect, yes you get a nice view (especially if you stand about mid street, or slightly west), but the snow effect in front and behind you, with the the lighting along Main Street is the best. Fireworks without snow is a different story, and I guess I will need to wait until after May 2005 to decide which is the new best location for that....