PDA

View Full Version : New DL Photo Album from 10/19, more Castle and more

Darkbeer
10-19-2004, 05:16 PM
http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/256916

More of the Castle is now exposed, the Tiki Room Roof is now visible, Refreshement Corner is finished, iasw is behind walls, and much more!

CoasterChickie
10-19-2004, 07:45 PM
I'm so glad I wasn't there today....looks pretty cold and miserable.

Thanks for braving the weather to take those photos.

I can't wait for that castle to be done!!

I Heart Disneyland!
10-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Okay....I want your job! Whatever you do (do you work at DL?) I want your job!!! I want to go to DL as much as you and take pictures and have a blast!!! :) I am officially very jealous. ;) LOVE the photos, thanks for sharing them!

I Heart Disneyland!
10-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Based upon the rainy looking day at DL in the photos, maybe we COULD have a DL in Seattle! ;)

Disney Vault
10-19-2004, 08:23 PM
I'd want to work at it!

JTSnowFan
10-19-2004, 08:36 PM
I'm curious as to how you can get away with photos like that. I know that you're not allowed to take photos of backstage. And how do you even get back there? You must work there.

Darkbeer
10-19-2004, 08:52 PM
All my pictures are taken from public areas, unless I am covering a Press Event, and have special DL permission.

Think Monorail..... Think 2nd Story of Innoventions... Think Astro Orbitor... Think about holes in Refurb Walls...

Wendi
10-19-2004, 08:59 PM
The castle looks gorgeous... I can't wait to see it in 11 days!!! I wasn't expecting to see anything but scaffolding on our trip, but I'm really glad that we'll be able to see at least a bit of it while we're there.

Thanks again for sharing with us, I always look forward to your updates, info, and great photo albums!

Lekta
10-19-2004, 09:09 PM
So Dark, if you don't mind me asking, are you employed by this site or any other site? If so, I would just like to inform you that you have one of the best jobs in the world.

If your not employed to do this, how do you find so much time to contribute updates so much?

Just curious, and thank you for the update.

Wendi
10-19-2004, 09:25 PM
How much are those blue DLR rain ponchos??? Looks like almost EVERYONE was wearing one!

Do they usually drain the water from iasw while doing the holiday changeover, or is this a more extensive refurb than usual?

Do you think the castle tarps will be completely off on November 5th?

JTSnowFan
10-19-2004, 09:30 PM
I believe the ponchos are $5 or less. And I do not think the tarp will be completely off by Nov. 5 (Its due to be gone by Nov. 25th). But maybe, since it's come a long way in such a short period of time.

CoasterChickie
10-19-2004, 10:16 PM
I believe the ponchos are $5 or less. And I do not think the tarp will be completely off by Nov. 5 (Its due to be gone by Nov. 25th). But maybe, since it's come a long way in such a short period of time.

I think the ponchos are more than $5.00. If I recall we paid about $13.00 each for those, but I may be wrong. You might want to take your own from home and save yourself the money. They don't take up that much room in a suitcae.

Cariad
10-20-2004, 08:52 AM
ooooh pretty castle! I thought it would all be covered when we went (1st nov) Looks like i'll get to see a bit of it at least when I go! woohoooooo!
p.s rain = NOT GOOD!!!!! please don't rain when I go!!!!

ozbeauticn
10-20-2004, 08:57 AM
p.s rain = NOT GOOD!!!!! please don't rain when I go!!!!

I'm hoping it DOES rain when my mom and I are there! It makes the park sooo much less crowded, and there are only a few rides that close.

Cariad
10-20-2004, 09:01 AM
I'm hoping it DOES rain when my mom and I are there! It makes the park sooo much less crowded, and there are only a few rides that close.

well the weather is so crappy here in the UK at the moment - cold, foggy, rainy, windy, I just want to escape to a bit of sunshine for a while! :rolleyes:

tstan70
10-20-2004, 10:35 AM
I think the ponchos are more than $5.00. If I recall we paid about $13.00 each for those, but I may be wrong. You might want to take your own from home and save yourself the money. They don't take up that much room in a suitcae.

The blue ponchos are the best bargain that Disneyland has to offer. Last time we bought one, they were $5. If it is a sunny day, you never see them in the stores. Get a few rain drops and they are everywhere! I have tried just using my waterproof jacket and it was nowhere near as good as the Poncho. If you get a cold, rainy day where it drizzles all day long, you HAVE to have the poncho...

this message brought to you by the council on appropriate usage of a Disneyland poncho... :)

DISNEYloon
10-20-2004, 10:50 AM
We always keep the Rain Ponchos that you can buy for $0.99 at either Walmart, Target, Longs, Sportsmart, etc..... in our 'travel' backpacks when we're on vacation.

We've been to DLR in the rain.......it's actually FUN! and not crowded! LOVED IT!

sjcivilady
10-20-2004, 11:18 AM
The disney ponchos are fun souvenirs - BUT, if you put them on your kids, remember a lot of other kids will be wearing them too. My cousin did that once and said when you're trying to keep on eye on them in areas like toon town, they all look the same - a sea of little yellow people (or blue as they are now). I guess that was a little un-nerving to a mom. Just a hint.

itig
10-20-2004, 03:21 PM
We've been to DLR in the rain.......it's actually FUN! and not crowded! LOVED IT!

Totally agree. Some of the best times I've had at DLR are when it's raining. When my wife and I were still dating, we went post Thanksgiving and it was pretty stormy. We had a blast! We rode Indy 6 times in one day...no lines, just weave through the line and hop onboard.

Buzzisdaman
10-20-2004, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the photos, the family and I will be there on Nov. 6th and it just adds to the excitment. On our last trip (11/01) we paid $5 for our ponchos, from the looks in the photos we will pack them. Thanks again.

PapiBear
10-20-2004, 08:33 PM
Wow. REALLY digging the new, fresher colors on Sleeping Beauty's Castle. They're vibrant even in the midst of dark gray rainy skies. They'll look incredible on a clear day next summer. The Tiki Room's roof is giving it that "new haircut" look, too. *WHEW* Thank goodness!

They should change the name of the Park temporarily, though, to "Closed Tarp Land". :fez: