PDA

View Full Version : Character breakfast question

Pages : [1] 2

jasonpbyu
10-19-2004, 01:48 PM
What is price for character breakfasts? Anyone recommend one or the other? Taking wife, 2 1/2 year old and 7 month old in January along with my mom. Want to surprise them one morning and tell them we're doing a special breakfast.

Thanks!

KinLA
10-19-2004, 02:16 PM
Went to Goofy's Kitchen recently and paid about $100 for 4 adults including tax and tip. Found out later that a AAA discount applies. Characters included:

Goofy, Pluto, Jasmine, Aladdin, Max

Went Story Teller's last year and I believe it was about $20 for breakfast per adult before tax and tip. Pluto, Chip & Dale are the characters here. Good thing about Story Tellers is that you can order off the menu in addition to the buffet for the same price or skip the buffet and order a la carte.

I believe children under 3 are free at both places.

figmentspark
10-19-2004, 02:25 PM
Went to the Plaza Inn on Main Street. I don't know how much it was (it was a gift) but I know they have AAA discounts. The characters were Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, and Tigger. It was a lot of fun. Good food from the Buffet.

Been to the Storyteller's for breakfast too. I personally think they have a better variety of food.

DopeyWife
10-19-2004, 03:06 PM
I really want to do the breakfast at Plaza Inn with the Pooh characters before it changes over to the Princesses. Does anyone know when this is supposed to happen?

mystycalchyk
10-19-2004, 03:12 PM
We just did the Plaza Inn with the Pooh characters. The food was excellent. Came out to $60 for four of us (2 adults and two children). TONS of interaction with the kids.

rentayenta
10-19-2004, 03:36 PM
I hope the Plaza Inn changes over to Princess by Christmas because I am planning a character breakfast for that morning and my girls would freak out if they were surrounded by the Princesses.

Disney Downunder
10-19-2004, 05:42 PM
We did Goofey's Kitchen at DLH late September. We received free vouchers as part of our package. Glad we did 'cause I wouldn't have wanted to pay. It must be a cultural thing, but we found the majority of the food unpalatable to our tastes. I understand its aimed at kids but even my 8 yo struggled with a lot of it being too sweet, with some unusual combinations and pork (bacon, ham, sausage) offered as the only meat choice.

The character interaction was good and we got some great photos.

I would have to say though, that if it's character interaction you're after, you get just as much throughtout the parks in all the various lands.

sierranevada
10-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Don't know if they have a specific date but I believe the change over is by early Nov. Plaza Inn will be princesses and Ariel's Grotto will change to Mickey's Seaside Friends (or something to that effect).

10-20-2004, 04:39 AM
It must be a cultural thing, but we found the majority of the food unpalatable to our tastes.

It's more a personal thing.

webprinter
10-20-2004, 06:58 AM
I just made reservations at Goofy's Kitchen and they told me that it is $19.99 for adults and $10.99 for kids. Then you have to add tax and tip. Debby

jasonpbyu
10-20-2004, 07:17 AM
what date is that for? i called last night and was told that in november it goes up to $28.99 for adults and $11.99 for kids. Plus tax and tip

I just made reservations at Goofy's Kitchen and they told me that it is $19.99 for adults and $10.99 for kids. Then you have to add tax and tip. Debby

stan4d_steph
10-20-2004, 07:34 AM
Do you and the other adults in your party enjoy character interaction? If not and you're only doing it for the kids, I'd recommend Storyteller's at the GCH. They have fantastic food, great decor and minimal character interaction. The characters are there for the kids, but they don't come and bother you at the table. There is also the option of ordering off the regular menu, which is a nice alternative if you don't want to do the buffet. There is no choice at Goofy's Kitchen.

jasonpbyu
10-20-2004, 07:38 AM
thanks for all the replies. it sounds like goofys, though the food and choices may not be the best, is best for the most characters. i know there will be lots of chances in the park, but this way we can get lots of pictures done and not worry as much about getting in and out of strollers in the park.

thanks everyone! 77 days until the trip!

DISNEYloon
10-20-2004, 09:13 AM
Went to Goofy's Kitchen recently and paid about $100 for 4 adults including tax and tip. Found out later that a AAA discount applies.

Is it just me, or is that a LOT OF MONEY for Breakfast?

CoasterChickie
10-20-2004, 09:40 AM

Yes, it's a LOT OF MONEY! Our travel package included two character breakfasts which is the only reason we went to the PCH grill on our last visit.
But we still spent $50.00 for our two daughters. We had a good time and they hammed it up for the camera. But I left thinking "We just paid all that money for 2 glasses of o.j., 2 omelettes and tater tots."

tstan70
10-20-2004, 10:43 AM
We have been with the kids several times to Disneyland and have never done the Character breakfast thing. I was thinking we would go to Ariel's grotto since she is my daughter's favorite, but it looks like it is going to change the week before we go to "Mickey and Friends"

The Mickey and Friends character dining sounds like it may be a great one to try as Mickey and Minnie don't appear in the other dinning locations. Anyone know what they are going to be charging???

VickiC
10-20-2004, 11:01 AM

You have to go to the character meals with the right attitiude. Don't go expecting great food. Only go if you really want the character experience that is offered and if you have the money to spare. It is not an essential part of a DL trip. All the characters cna be found in the park(s).

slydini
10-20-2004, 11:42 AM
The Mickey and Friends character dining sounds like it may be a great one to try as Mickey and Minnie don't appear in the other dinning locations.
I believe Minnie is always at Ariel's Grotto for meals.

jasonpbyu
10-20-2004, 01:14 PM
if they're changing ariel's to a mickey & friends then perhaps that sounds like a good one. what type of food do they have there? is it buffet or menu?

prices?

disneynut
10-20-2004, 01:30 PM
Does Ariels Grotto do breakfast? We've been for lunch/dinner a few times and food is just ok and so is the service. The characters at Ariels are really friendly though and my daughter loves seeing Ariel there.

Hey jasonpbyu~Did they quote you that price increase for the dinner buffet at Goofys or for the breakfast buffet? I'm hoping it's the dinner buffet because I don't think I'll be talking my husband into breakfast for $30.00 per person. ouch!

stan4d_steph
10-20-2004, 01:39 PM
Ariel's doesn't do breakfast. DCA is rarely open early enough to make it a regular occurance.

jasonpbyu
10-20-2004, 01:42 PM
wasnt aware they did dinner, just called and got the following info.

brunch
$27.25 adults
$14.86 kids 3 to 11

dinner
$35.92 adults
$14.86 kids 3 to 11

kids under 3 are free.

big price jump. ouch!

rentayenta
10-20-2004, 02:00 PM
Last time we went to Goofy's the food was really good. The kids ate a ton. Make early reservations if your kids eat right when they get up. My kids need food immediately after they wake up so in order for them not to eat before we had to go early. We went for breakfast and they offered alot of choices other than the typical breakfast items. I thought it was well worth the cost. Even my bah-humbug DH enjoyed Goofy's and that's saying alot!

tstan70
10-20-2004, 02:00 PM
wasnt aware they did dinner, just called and got the following info.

brunch
$27.25 adults
$14.86 kids 3 to 11

dinner
$35.92 adults
$14.86 kids 3 to 11

kids under 3 are free.

big price jump. ouch!

That is quite the jump in cost. Is that the cost for Goofy's Kitchen? Are the other locations the same or do they differ in price at each restaurant?

Mikejt54
10-20-2004, 02:46 PM
Last week my daughter, granddaughter and myself ate at Story Tellers for under $30. Order off the menu. The buffet is great, but it's $20 each. $30 got us so much food we didn't eat lunch. Bam, more savings.......