PDA

View Full Version : Paint and what you don't see

olegc
10-19-2004, 07:36 AM
I read on Miceage today about the leaky roofs on Main Street and it reminded me of my last visit. During the swim event I was near the flag pole. While waiting forever I was just examining all the buildings - and it appeared to me that the half-circle vents on the Emporium were not finished. Either the paint on top was already peeling and bubbling - or they did not do it at all.

It would be a shame if in fact they took the time and effort to put up all that scaffolding, etc., only to do 90% of the job. I am no house painter but I assume that if you have paint peeling already then it will hasten the deterioration of the work already done.

As to the leaky roofs, well, as we all know you can't tell until it rains, right?

10-20-2004, 04:43 AM
Depends on whether buildings are considered stage sets or permanent structures, I guess.

AaronInCal
10-20-2004, 06:31 AM
The side of the Emporium building facing the firehouse (the part you see when you first walk into the Park) and also a portion of it going down Main St has not been freshly painted yet. If you remember earlier this year they did the Watch Store corner and only a part of the Emporium building. I am sure they will get to this sometime after they finish Coke Corner. Not much else is left to do on Main St, I don't think. It all looks great!

sdfilmcritic
10-20-2004, 06:39 AM
I would like to know why they're scattering the order of the work instead of doing it in a logical fashion.

SoCalDisneyLover
10-20-2004, 07:16 AM
I would like to know why they're scattering the order of the work instead of doing it in a logical fashion.

Who said Disney was "Logical?"

DCAWhites
10-20-2004, 09:56 AM
The bank of main street needs to be done still.