PDA

View Full Version : DL Space Mountain Car on eBay!

Pages : [1] 2

Mickeyslittlehelper
10-18-2004, 04:11 PM
Check it out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1380&item=2278367625&rd=1

missuniverse78
10-18-2004, 04:38 PM
Wow, the stuff this person is selling is pretty amazing. They also have one of the snow white cars. I wonder if they are associated with disney or not.

Disney Vault
10-18-2004, 04:47 PM
What would anyone do with that?

DisneylandForever
10-18-2004, 05:02 PM
I saw one of these on eBay a few months ago, and it was goin' for 3000 bucks, with a few days left in the auction! :eek:

Hakuna Makarla
10-18-2004, 05:02 PM
also how would any one get this stuff? he is selling lots of different disneyland MGM and other disney world stuff,

iAmJacksDLand
10-18-2004, 05:24 PM
Notice the location says it's in Orlando, but the vehice is the two seat across version from Space Mountain in Disneyland from Anaheim. Strange. How much is shipping, he doesn't say?

missuniverse78
10-18-2004, 05:46 PM
What would anyone do with that?

I'd stand it up on it's side and use it as a bookcase. Better yet, I'd put a large piece of glass on top of it and use it as a dinner table. It could also make the best tobogan on the slopes come winter. Everyone would stay out of my way if they saw that thing coming down the hill. :D

Disney Vault
10-18-2004, 05:50 PM
I guess you could sit in it and close your eyes while you have your friends shake it around.

Hakuna Makarla
10-18-2004, 05:54 PM
with 2 feedback this guy has I would not touch anything he has with a ten foot pole. He has to many disney stuff with a high cost and with only 2 feedback I would not trust him.

I Heart Disneyland!
10-18-2004, 06:41 PM
I am SO in agreement about not touching it with the guy having 2 feedbacks! Where in the world would one get a Space Mountain car? Maybe it "accidentally" found its way out of the park, and in the back of his truck! :eek: I think that in the right house (not mine, or anyone I know) it could be a cool thing to have, or in a backyard...naw!!! :D I can't imagine having such a thing!

MrsPooh
10-18-2004, 06:52 PM
I once dealt with a seller on Ebay that was selling the plastic seaweed and plants that were supposed to be used in the sub rehab at WDW. I asked her where she got it, she said that she had a friend that was on the list of things that are being sold off at Disney, the stuff he doesn't want he sells to her, she in turn sells it on Ebay. She often has CM shirts, patches, pins, etc. Little things that don't amount to too much.

I did purchase some of those plants. Don't know if they are authentic or not, but I didn't pay much, they look cool in my backyard pond, and I figure anyone that would come in my yard would not dispute the story, and it would make for interesting conversation! :)

If anyone wants to check it out, PM me, I can give you the seller name. She was still selling some last time I looked, which was about a week ago. She is a nice lady, good seller.

splashmtngurl
10-18-2004, 06:52 PM
wow this guy has some awesome stuff, buz ligthear car, animation desk, stars on parade chariot, blizzard beach water slides, alien encounter seats i wonder where he gets all this stuff. he must have some inside connections with disney!

the disney store at on ofour local malls closed down and i asked if i could buy some of the neat statues and things that decorated the store. The lady told me you had to be on the list. She also referd me to this site.

www.disneyauctions.com

sami869
10-18-2004, 07:15 PM
I would never buy anything from anyone who only has 2 postive feedbacks. That's just a bit too risky for me.

DSNYDad
10-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Well, there are a few things that would keep me from bidding (assuming of course I had the extra cash :D ).
-Only two low priced items previously sold
-Accepts credit cards but not PayPal
-Quote from animation desk "USED TO DRAW ALL DISNEY ANIMATION AND CARTOONS" - what's up with that?
-No shipping cost information

Pirate Girl
10-18-2004, 10:01 PM
If this guy had more feedback...I would so bid on that animators desk. Even if it isn't real, it's exactly the type of desk I want...plus, like MrsPooh said: it makes for a good story!

I Heart Disneyland!
10-18-2004, 11:18 PM
Well, there are a few things that would keep me from bidding (assuming of course I had the extra cash :D ).
-Only two low priced items previously sold
-Accepts credit cards but not PayPal
-Quote from animation desk "USED TO DRAW ALL DISNEY ANIMATION AND CARTOONS" - what's up with that?
-No shipping cost information

I read that same exact thing in the auction and thought to myself, ANYONE could have had that desk...the goofball down the street may have put it in the alley! ha! I don't trust it. :|

Laffite
10-18-2004, 11:54 PM
ahhhh....... I remember car number 8... that was a good day.

Sebastian
10-19-2004, 07:42 AM
My mom had told me a few weeks ago Disney was going to be auctioning off the old space mountain cars so he possibly got it from wherever they were doing this. I believe she read it in a Disney magazine or something.

I think it would be cool to cut one in half and bolt it to the kids bedroom wall and decorate there room in a space theme. So they can pretend they are on space mountain.

Christiii
10-19-2004, 09:09 AM
usually on large items they dont list a shipping cost because it varies from the location. Even tho he only has two feedbacks, the things do look authentic..I mean..where else would you get those alien seats?? I just emailed him on shipping forthe ornament...its probably too much from Florida, but that is a great price for it!! I could put it in my shoppe...too cute!!
Also, some sellers dont like paypal...especially on big ticket items because the charge a fee to use it...more than a regular credit card company..I love ebay!!!
I find everything on there...its great for Disney things...my 1933 original mickey mouse watch would have been impossible to find around here in this perfect condition..but hthey actually had several to choose from on ebay!

SoCalDude
10-19-2004, 09:27 AM
Ok - if I won that car I would put some wheels on it and make it a stroller and use it in the park! My kids would love it!

How would I get it to the park -- hey don't bother me with the details! ok?? :crying:

splashmtngurl
10-19-2004, 03:59 PM
I would never buy anything from anyone who only has 2 postive feedbacks. That's just a bit too risky for me.

of course, they have only sold two things as well so....so far they have a hundred percent positive feedback. On the otherhand, i buy all of my traders pins on ebay and i like to know that they have sold 100 itesm and had all positive rather then just 2 ;)

its possible that this person has some trouble selling their items because
1) they are aweful expensive and ebay can be a insecure site sometimes
2) the items are located under disneyland or disneyana and only a small percentage of ebay buyers/sellers actually go on that portion of the site!!

i think anyone looking for this particular sort of thing would be way better of getting it from www.disneyauctions.com becuase its actually through the componany. Of course you might find it cheaper on a private ebay site...*shrugs* i dunno....just guessing! :)

Sheila
10-19-2004, 04:08 PM

Well, Disney just shut down the Animation Dept. in Florida, so if the seller is selling WDW stuff, it could be reasonable to assume that the desks are from the Animation Building (located at Disney-MGM Studios). They wouldn't have a whole lot of history connected with them, but the desks would've had Mulan, Treasure Island, etc. drawings sketched on them?

Sheila

Mark Goldhaber
10-19-2004, 05:34 PM
Disney sells off much of its surplus through surplus auction houses. If I didn't know better, I'd say it was another seller ID for Joe's Auction Sales (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfromZR10QQsotrZ2QQsell erZ1QQsassZjoesauctionsalesQQcoactionZcompareQQcop agenumZ1QQcoentrypageZsearch), which has sold everything from 20,000 Leagues seaweed to shirts to luggage tags to attraction signs to the front car of Monorail Red. This may be a new auction house that Disney just added.

I Heart Disneyland!
10-19-2004, 08:18 PM
usually on large items they dont list a shipping cost because it varies from the location. Even tho he only has two feedbacks, the things do look authentic..I mean..where else would you get those alien seats?? I just emailed him on shipping forthe ornament...its probably too much from Florida, but that is a great price for it!! I could put it in my shoppe...too cute!!
Also, some sellers dont like paypal...especially on big ticket items because the charge a fee to use it...more than a regular credit card company..I love ebay!!!
I find everything on there...its great for Disney things...my 1933 original mickey mouse watch would have been impossible to find around here in this perfect condition..but hthey actually had several to choose from on ebay!

I emailed him too about shipping cost for the ornament! ha! All of us MP people are probably emailing him! ha! He said $14.00 to me in Seattle! :)

DSNYDad
10-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Well, Disney just shut down the Animation Dept. in Florida, so if the seller is selling WDW stuff, it could be reasonable to assume that the desks are from the Animation Building (located at Disney-MGM Studios). They wouldn't have a whole lot of history connected with them, but the desks would've had Mulan, Treasure Island, etc. drawings sketched on them?

Sheila
Yea but "ALL DISNEY ANIMATION"? How could they claim that? That desk looks like the ones in the stores used as props like Off the Page in DCA. It looks modern era and not worn like you would expect a working desk to be. There's no way to authenticate those claims unless there was something from Disney indicating where they came from. Possible but highly unlikely. :( Nice way to raise the bids though :D