PDA

View Full Version : Teacups fixed soon...

Wesley815
10-18-2004, 09:45 AM
Maybe this should be posted in the "news" board, but I thought more people would talk about it here...

Just found this news article...
http://www.nbc4.tv/entertainment/3828717/detail.html

The Jungle Cruise guns are talked about (which we all know already); but I also noticed they said the Teacups will be "fixed" back to their old fast spinning setup instead of the new one.
And plans are under way to put the gut-wrenching twists and turns back into the Mad Tea Party ride's teacups.I'm very happy to hear that and hope the changes happen soon! :)

Lani
10-18-2004, 11:08 AM
A radio news piece just said that Disneyland is returning some of the magic to the park, including the guns in Jungle Cruise, AND returning the spin to the teacups!

TikiGeek
10-18-2004, 11:39 AM
SWEET!!! We can whirl til we hurl again :D

Vegitabeta
10-18-2004, 12:58 PM
:eek:

sami869
10-18-2004, 01:25 PM
When I recently took my little brother to the park we went on the tea cups and had this conversation:
him: Make it go faster. Spin harder!
me: I can't make it go faster, this is as fast as they go now.
him: Oh, that's lame.

Does anyone know how soon the tea cups will be fixed?

sambo
10-18-2004, 03:58 PM
Don't expect them to revert to the way they were. They will be loosened up - some - enough to stop some of the bad press - but not as loose as they once were...

Mox
10-18-2004, 04:01 PM
I haven't ridden myself, but when I was in the park on Oct. 9th, we stopped to watch them for a bit and they seemed to be spinning pretty well.

Disneyland2004
10-18-2004, 07:20 PM
well im going twice in december so they better be fixed by then. last time i pulled a muscle with "3" quote "3" of my other friends pulling with me. that sure wasnt a kiddy ride. if anyone finds out when they will be fix post it in here please or at least before december 3rd.

your friend in time - 'Doc' Emmett L. Brown

BTTF

SallySkellington
10-18-2004, 07:30 PM
Woo-hoo! :D

stitchlvr
10-18-2004, 07:35 PM
Please, can someone ride them and let us know when they're fixed. My seven year old just yelled, "Yea! They listened to our complaint!" All of you closer to the park, keep us posted on the progress. Thanks!

SoCalDude
10-18-2004, 09:39 PM
Went onthe jungle cruise today and it was great to have the guns back!! I think I was more impressed with it than my kids were... they both jumped lol.

MouseSlave
03-22-2005, 12:05 AM
A radio news piece just said that Disneyland is returning some of the magic to the park, including the guns in Jungle Cruise, AND returning the spin to the teacups!

The last I heard (I'm a lead on FL attractions) the way they are "fixing" the teacups, a small child and an adult will be able to spin the cup with the same ease, but when the cup reaches a certain speed, a magnetic locking system will kick in and stop the cup.

Captain Josh
03-22-2005, 07:23 AM
The Teacups sadden me. I used to be known as a king among spinners. The last time I went with someone who actually WANTED to spin, when the ride was over, she was berating me for not living up to my name.

CrazyTrain
03-22-2005, 09:24 AM
They seemed to be spinning fine for my friend and I... until our arms got tired and we had to stop :(

bradk
03-22-2005, 09:30 AM
ghosts from the past..

from the reports i've read, the teacups are more or less back to 'normal.' normal also meaning that they all spin at different speeds

PapiBear
03-22-2005, 10:03 AM
This is very, very welcome news. Matt Ouimet is slowly but surely restoring my faith that at least SOMEONE in a position of power in the Disney organization is not only not dropping the ball, but seriously working to FIX WHAT'S BROKEN and live up to Unca Walt's legacy.

Keep up the good work, Team Ouimet. Keep it up.