PDA

View Full Version : I'm reviving Disneyland Fashion Don'ts

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Pirate Girl
10-18-2004, 12:44 AM
Anyone remember this (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=13257&page=1&pp=25) thread from a while back? I thought that was entertaining, so I am reviving it.

My new personal favorite DL fashion don’t:

40-year-old women with spray on tans who wear those short flippy cotton skirts that are about 6 inches long from hem to hem, with tiny midriff bearing tank tops, and stilettos. 15 year olds shouldn't even be dressing like that. Especially at DL. Can you imagine trying to get into a Matterhorn bobsled dressed like that? The area would become x rated.

Your turn! Post your greatest DL fashion donts!

GrumpyUTboi
10-18-2004, 06:03 AM
Nothing wrong with the mini skirts and stilettos except if it is on a young woman under the age of 18. I'm sure that the male CM's that work the bobsleds wouldn't mind it either. ;)

tstan70
10-18-2004, 06:38 AM
When the "George Lopez Show" went to Disneyland, George's mom made a comment about people wearing cargo shorts that shouldn't be out in public wearing them. It made me laugh quite a bit.

Don't know why, but it seems like people wearing things to theme parks that they normally wouldn't wear anywhere else.

"Honey, I bought these florescent pink shirts for the family to wear to Disneyland on Monday and matching blaze orange shirts to wear to DCA on Tuesday..."

CoasterChickie
10-18-2004, 06:55 AM
I saw a man wearing itty bitty green spandex shorts that left nothing to the imagination, in fact it looked like he may have "enhanced" himself. About five feet away from him was a woman dressed head to toe in neon orange spandex that showed every bump and bulge including her "camel toes." Ew and double ew...these two looked like they were meant for each other!

Forbin
10-18-2004, 08:34 AM
Lol my PERSONAL pet peeve (It really happened to me)

Men who wear NAKED women on their shirt under a heavy jacket that take the jacket off in the WINNE-THE-POOH. BTW he was in line with 2 friends, his wife, and his child. I was behind him.

I was like WTF this is a children's ride / park. What the heck are you doing wearing a shirt with 2 naked women on it.

CoasterChickie
10-18-2004, 09:08 AM
Hey Forbin...this is the Disney website...shouldn't you be saying WTH (heck) instead of WT_ (bad word)?! ;)

(Sorry, I get on my son's case about that one all the time)

BTW...I know a lot of 40 year olds who would look a lot better than some of the 20 year olds I've seen in that outfit Pirate Girl described. But I agree that what she was wearing was inappropriate (and painful) for any age at DL.

10-18-2004, 09:08 AM
PDA in my face bothers me a whole lot more than bad clothes or shoes. Yes, wear splogs for all I care but do not engage in foreplay in line for the French Market.

mystycalchyk
10-18-2004, 11:17 AM
I got annoyed a few weeks ago when I saw a guy walking in front of us who had on a shirt that had a huge hand flipping a bird on it. Kind of rude, much less in a family theme park.

I also love to laugh at the girls who wear the high heels. I love to watch them at the end of the day. I know they are dying. I mean come on.....its a theme park, wear comfortable walking shoes :rolleyes:

VickiC
10-18-2004, 11:19 AM
High heels puzzle me as do the people wearing business attire. Ties? Jacekts? Going on rides? Why?

DLRCM
10-18-2004, 11:23 AM
Sometimes these people wearing business attire are wearing it for a reason. This past weekend, I had my 2 DLR orientations and we had to wear business attire, even when doing our 2 park walk-throughs. Also, these people might have gone to Club 33, which has a strict dress code for certain times of the day, especially night time.

Other than that, no, high heels should not be worn. (I wore high heels this weekend and about died after only 10 minutes!!)

MrsPooh
10-18-2004, 11:38 AM
My best friend in High School wore high heels everywhere because she was short. I was shaking my head the night she wore them to a truck pull! On bleachers! In the dirt!

I saw two strange sights last time I was at DL. First was a guy dressed Goth from head to toe, including long black duster jacket (this was August! :eek: ) and when he passed by I noticed he had on a nice green Care Bear backpack!

Then I saw a woman go by with a Homeland Security hat (looking official) and she had on a Sponge Bob backpack.

Just two instances of things that make you go hmmmmm.......

rentayenta
10-18-2004, 11:45 AM
Do mullets count as a fashion don't? I cannot wrap my brain around the mullet.
Along with mullet are too tight Wranglers. Poor guys look like are smuggling plums in there :eek:

LilmissTinkerbell
10-18-2004, 11:54 AM
Girl wearing skirts so short you're like, is it a skirt or a belt? Even worse, girls who don't even remotly have the body to wear them, wearing them and having all sorts of flab jiggling around. I just want to pull them aside and say, "honey, you know you look awful in that, right?"

I think the worse I ever saw on a guy was the little 80's style short-shorts and the white socks pulled up to the knee.

Eww. All around Eww.

mystycalchyk
10-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Poor guys look like are smuggling plums in there :eek:

*snorks*

dangit renta! :mad: Have you any idea how much HiC orange BURNS when it comes out of your nose?

:rolleyes: *wipes off monitor*

:p :fez:

Oh and yeah, I also hate the fashion trend of the too small tshirts...it's ok if the girls have the tummies to pull it off, but seriously...if you have fat rolls DO NOT wear bare midriff shirts.

missm
10-18-2004, 12:20 PM
Do mullets count as a fashion don't? I cannot wrap my brain around the mullet.
Along with mullet are too tight Wranglers. Poor guys look like are smuggling plums in there :eek:

Do you listen to the Bloodhound Gang by any chance?

DISNEYloon
10-18-2004, 12:30 PM
High heels puzzle me as do the people wearing business attire. Ties? Jacekts? Going on rides? Why?

Oh My Gosh.........me too! I'm all about 'comfort' shoes when I am there.

Even when I see people in flip flops, my dogs would defiantely be barking if I wore flip flops All Day with the amount of walking we do.

CoasterChickie
10-18-2004, 12:33 PM
Depends on the brand of flip flops...some are definitely more comfortable than others. Call me weird, but in general my feet usually feel a lot better after wearing high heels than flats all day. But I have NEVER worn high heels at DL.

Rentayenta...your line about "smuggling plums" is hilarious!!! :~D

soccerlady16
10-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Nothing wrong with the mini skirts and stilettos except if it is on a young woman under the age of 18. I'm sure that the male CM's that work the bobsleds wouldn't mind it either. ;)

Mini skirts and stillettos on a teenager? Not right at all, especially at DL. I'm thinking you're under 18, right? Otherwise its really perverted what you just posted.

Pirate Girl
10-18-2004, 12:51 PM

Mini skirts and stillettos on a teenager? Not right at all, especially at DL. I'm thinking you're under 18, right? Otherwise its really perverted what you just posted.

I think what Grumpy meant was that teens shouldn't be dressing like that.

DLRCM
10-18-2004, 12:53 PM
I dont think ANYONE should dress like that at DL. Period. Regardless of whether the "Male CMs enjoy seeing it."

GrumpyUTboi
10-18-2004, 01:51 PM
Soccerlady,
Oviously you DID NOT read my post. I said that they were fine UNLESS they were UNDER the age of 18. Let me clarify this for you, any young girl that is under 18 SHOULD NOT be wearing this type of clothing IMHO. If women OVER the age of 18 want to do so, then they are OLD enough to do so. With that being said, I do not know why they would wear such attire to a place such as DL since there is a lot of movement such as getting in and out of rides that may expose themselves. But hey if they want to do so then I guess let them. It is their choice to do so.

DisneylandForever
10-18-2004, 01:56 PM
2 words:

Fanny Pack

sambo
10-18-2004, 02:15 PM
2 words:

Fanny Pack

Not even...

Should be baggy pants with the waitsline below crotch level (displaying poor taste in boxers) and/or baseball hats on backwards.

SoCalSnowWhite
10-18-2004, 02:16 PM
I saw two strange sights last time I was at DL. First was a guy dressed Goth from head to toe, including long black duster jacket (this was August! :eek: ) and when he passed by I noticed he had on a nice green Care Bear backpack!

Was this on Bats Day? I couldn't figure out why Goths decided to have their meet during the hottest month of the year. :confused: My cousin came up with the theory that it weeds out the posers, cause only the true Goths will sweat it out at Disneyland.

Glad you liked my thread, Pirate Girl....but be careful, I got a lot of crap for it. :rolleyes: Some people are such party poopers.

rentayenta
10-18-2004, 02:48 PM
2 words:

Fanny Pack

Since I was too chicken to write it, I'll follow your lead :fez:

missm, I have never heard of the Bloodhound Gang....until now.