PDA

View Full Version : Hotel bathrooms/showers?

sleepyjeff
10-17-2004, 10:37 PM
Planning a trip to Anaheim next month. Wondering if anybody knows which Hotels have the largest bathrooms. Most interested in showers. My wife really hates bathtub/shower combos. She likes stand alone showers with a door that opens rather than having to step over a tub rim whilst pulling aside a shower curtain :rolleyes:

:)

I Heart Disneyland!
10-17-2004, 10:39 PM
When we stayed at the Anaheim Hilton Suites and they have a separate shower and tub. :) I like that too! I never take a BATH at a hotel! Good luck finding a good one!

CoasterChickie
10-18-2004, 07:23 AM
The bathrooms at the Disneyland Hotel are fairly large. They do not have a seperate tub/shower, but they have a seperate little room for the toilet. The bathrooms at the Paradise Pier Hotel are fairly small.

We stayed at the Sheraton for two nights and the thing I liked best about their shower was that the head was really high. I hate it when the head only comes up to your chest...makes it tricky to wash your hair!

mystycalchyk
10-18-2004, 10:33 AM
I can honestly say I have never thought about which I prefer. hmmph. All I care about is that they have good water pressure. When your hair is past your bootie you need good pressure to get the soap out. I hate a trickle-ey shower

sleepyjeff
10-19-2004, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the advice....keep it coming :)

rakkwhite
10-20-2004, 09:14 AM
Two years ago I stayed at the Annabella hotel and the only room they had left was the handicapped room. The bathroom was huge. The shower door opening was very wide and had no step-over for easy wheel chair accessibility. If you have trouble finding a room you are satisfied with, you might want to ask at check-in if they have any available handicapped rooms.

tink1234
10-20-2004, 10:55 AM
[QUOTE=CoasterChickie]The bathrooms at the Disneyland Hotel are fairly large. They do not have a seperate tub/shower, but they have a seperate little room for the toilet. QUOTE]

They do? Man, we must have gotten gipped! :crying: From what I remember the toilet and bath were next to each other. We did get a standard room, but it was one overlooking the pool area.

sleepyjeff
10-20-2004, 07:55 PM
They do? Man, we must have gotten gipped! :crying: From what I remember the toilet and bath were next to each other. We did get a standard room, but it was one overlooking the pool area.

Well, you were not really ripped off. It looks like the rooms with the toilet next to the bath are the bigger standard rooms :)

Disneyland Hotel Floorplans (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlm/content?id=StandardRoomDLHGuestRoomsAndSuitesHMFPa ge)

tink1234
10-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Thank's for clarifying! (embarrassed!) :|

sleepyjeff
10-20-2004, 08:55 PM
Thank's for clarifying! (embarrassed!) :|

Don't be embarrassed, I am the weirdo who wants to find a Hotel that has a "stand alone" shower ;)

BJW
10-20-2004, 11:28 PM
I'm at GCH right now. :~D Seriously, I can vouch for the fact that the bathrooms at the Grand Californian are very small, at least in the standard rooms. It is extremely cramped. So, if you're looking for large bathrooms you may want to avoid this hotel.

sleepyjeff
10-20-2004, 11:43 PM
Yeah, that Hotel(Grand Cal) is the main reason this is an issue. My wife said her Dads RV had more space in the bathroom :mad: .........we will go back to the GCH somedy, it is very nice; but this trip, we would like some space(especially in the BR) :)