PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast Question...

EmmaPeel007
11-27-2001, 12:18 PM
I'm planning on going Thursday, December 5th with my daughter and some other kids and parents from her daycare (the kids are all around 2 and 3). I'm planning on getting there early because I HATE traffic (around 8:30), so where a good place to get breakfast? Do they open the park early and let us wander in to get some goodies from the bakery? Or should we just go straight to the IHOP across the way? The official site says they open at 10:00, but I thought the park opened a bit earlier.

We're APs but we usually go on Sundy afternoon/evening. This winter morning thing is pretty foreign to me! We're just hoping to get all the kids on the rids before it gets crowded.

Thanks for any and all suggestions! :D

oohykitten
11-27-2001, 12:24 PM
Depends on the money you want to spend. I like the Storytellers cafe. You can order off the menu instead on having a buffett, plus Chip and Dale, and Pluto are there.

mad4mky
11-27-2001, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by oohykitten
Depends on the money you want to spend. I like the Storytellers cafe. You can order off the menu instead on having a buffett, plus Chip and Dale, and Pluto are there.

If you are on a tight budget though, and don't want to spend a lot on pre-schoolers, Storytellers, even off the menu can be pricy. At least I thought so for little ones. If money is an issue, there is a McDonald's near DLR. Kids always like that place...whether breakfast, lunch or dinner.:)

MouseWife
11-27-2001, 02:48 PM
And a Jack's close by, as well. My kids have always loved
the Breakfast Jack, with either hash browns or a sub of fries. Orange juice comes with and it {last I checked} was about $2.29. Fills them up and it has it all. Grown ups can get it with coffee, if need be. :)

hbquikcomjamesl
11-27-2001, 03:34 PM
My favorite place for breakfast used to be the Town Square Cafe. Then it closed.

After that, my favorite place for breakfast was Carnation Main Street. Then it got restructured.

This past July 4th, I had breakfast at the River Belle.

I wonder: Is there anyplace in DCA that serves a good sit-down breakfast?

mad4mky
11-27-2001, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
My favorite place for breakfast used to be the Town Square Cafe. Then it closed.

After that, my favorite place for breakfast was Carnation Main Street. Then it got restructured.

Storytellers at The Grand Californian.

Their potatoes are to die for with their breakfasts. Yum.

Not Afraid
11-27-2001, 03:57 PM
What about the Character Breakfast at the Plaza Inn? I've been meaning to do this but am too much of a lazy butt to get to the Park that early. I know they give out the cool old-style Mickey balloons (I REALLY want one:crying: )

MammaSilva
11-27-2001, 06:24 PM
If you are on a tight budget any of the 'character" breakfasts are prob going to be out of range unless the kids are all under 3. and then I'm not sure about this but I 'think" it is only one under age 3 free per adult .but even then the adult price is about 20 dollars for the buffet at the Plaza...I highly recommend the River Belle, if you don't want to do Mickey D's on Harbor....you can order the food and split the meals between two or three toddlers/preschoolers at the River Belle, and the last time we ate there they were gracious enough to give us extra plates to split the meal ....at no extra charge.

Dlandmom
11-27-2001, 06:43 PM
Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney serves breakfast. They have a kids menu that's decent. Plus, the animatronics and fish keep the kids amused.

Matterhorn Fan
11-28-2001, 04:14 AM
There's always the LaBrea Bakery. Not *too* expensive, and close to both parks. They have tables outside where you can finish your munchies before you go in.

lisap
11-28-2001, 06:42 AM
That's a good idea Matterhorn Fan--plus you can tote your food around if need be. They have some very yummy muffins and cinnamon rolls--plus, the prices are very good compared to the
sit-down joints.

oohykitten
11-28-2001, 08:14 AM
Plaza Inn is great for breakfast. However I am not a buffett kind of person. They have the Winnie the Pooh guys, including Piglet. I enjoyed it and so did my then 1 year old son.

Nigel2
11-28-2001, 10:38 AM
If they do open at 10 that day then you can't come in early (well at your time) since I think its only an hour (or even 30 min) max before they let non hotel guests in.

MouseWife
11-28-2001, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
If they do open at 10 that day then you can't come in early (well at your time) since I think its only an hour (or even 30 min) max before they let non hotel guests in.

What you talking 'bout Willis?

How can I figure out how early I should show up at Disneyland, since I am staying off property? I mean, what time do they open the front gates? I think I remember them letting us onto Main St. to shop but stopped us at 'the hub'. {Oh, and I am trying to be cool :cool: as I am not sure what constitutes 'the hub'. :D

I already have my tickets and won't need to wait in that line. Also, does anyone know if they stick to opening times at DCA? I mean, if it says 9 o'clock, do they mean flat out 9 o'clock? I know Knott's sticks to the time.

I have heard that Universal doesn't. Any tips on that? I want to go when it opens and I have gone before expecting it to open at posted time and it had already been open!!!!!!

Thanks.

Nigel2
11-28-2001, 09:10 PM
Sorry that advise was for the thread starter.

But (just to let you know) they stop you at the end of main street the hub is where the partner's/ "happy walt" statue is. At DCA (for anyone that wanted or dared to ask) they let you in and the block you off in 3 areas, the entry to HPB, after soarin' but before GRR, and before the farm and vinards.
Also they do stick to the time schedule since all the radios in the park get the signal to open, plus (well at disneyland they do) a kid is taken to the button in the photo shop to start the opening music.

Tbird94509
12-01-2001, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl

We had breakfast at Condor Flats and it was terrible!

Ace
12-01-2001, 02:23 PM
ok....... they only open the park 1 to one half hour before? I'm talking about Main Street, not the actual park. I thought it was earlier than that...

MouseWife
12-01-2001, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
ok....... they only open the park 1 to one half hour before? I'm talking about Main Street, not the actual park. I thought it was earlier than that...

Squinky~ {not squiggles}

If you find out, please post!

MouseWife~

Nigel2
12-01-2001, 09:24 PM
I think its 1 half hour for everyone ( early entry gets in 1 1/2 hour early whole park) but since its the holidays they might (if the didn't stop doing it already) the thing of main street where they let everyone in for free to shop while the park is closed.