PDA

View Full Version : Weather at DL

GrumpyUTboi
10-17-2004, 08:58 PM
I just changed my weather bug to the John Wayne airport and it looks as if SoCal has had a bit of rain lately and that this week has 60% chance of rain Mon thru Wed. I am sure glad we didn't go this week! :( Hopefully the 25th thru the 1st of Nov is great weather. I have fingers and toes crossed. :rolleyes:

rentayenta
10-18-2004, 07:15 AM
Even if it's raining when you are there, thank goodness they won't close HISTA. ;)

Have a great trip!

Susan L
10-18-2004, 07:58 AM
I'm glad its raining right now. My sister who live in Lake Forest says its been very smoggy lately so, this rain is just what they need to wash away the smog for awhile just in time for out trip 10-22 through 10-29 YIPPIE!

Dlandmom
10-18-2004, 08:35 AM
We really needed the rain. Actually, as I type this, it's sunny out, and I can see plenty of blue sky mixed with dark clouds. It would be nice if it stayed sunny today to let some of the water soak in and then rain again tomorrow or Wednesday. As much as I feel bad for those caught in the rain at DLR, I'm glad we finally got this much needed rain.

SoCalDude
10-18-2004, 09:28 AM
we are going up there in about an hour - I hope the threat of rains keeps everybody away! :D

sediment
10-18-2004, 09:41 AM
Feel my wrath!!!!
I mean, interesting weather we're having?

MartyLuvsTigger
10-18-2004, 12:30 PM
Hopefully the 25th thru the 1st of Nov is great weather. I have fingers and toes crossed. :rolleyes:
I'll be here too!!! I love rainy weather. then I can whip out my stylish plastic mickey pancho!!! ;)

GrumpyUTboi
10-18-2004, 01:29 PM
I just got a weather alert and I know it has to be wrong, but it is a flash flood warning until THURSDAY at 3 am. It can't be raining that hard, can it?

VickiC
10-18-2004, 01:43 PM
There are certain localized spots in SCal that are prone to flash floods, primarily in the mountains and deserts. The flash flood warning goes out to the whole area, though.

sediment
10-18-2004, 02:56 PM
I just got a weather alert and I know it has to be wrong, but it is a flash flood warning until THURSDAY at 3 am. It can't be raining that hard, can it?
Another cause of this is that the washes (concrete creeks) sometimes get filled with debris (since it hasn't rained hard in aboutsix months), and overflow can occur in unexpected places.
On the news the other day, some apartment's underground garage was flooded about four feet. All vehicles and items inside them were pretty much ruined.

AVP
10-18-2004, 02:58 PM
The flooded garage was in Anaheim, where it is currently raining. They said a city flood control drain backed up, sending more water into the parking garage that its drain pump was designed to handle. Pump failed, garage flooded, cars floated, and a bad day was had by all.

AVP

Andrew
10-18-2004, 03:14 PM
The flooded garage was in Anaheim, where it is currently raining. They said a city flood control drain backed up, sending more water into the parking garage that its drain pump was designed to handle. Pump failed, garage flooded, cars floated, and a bad day was had by all.
Hmm, I know of a below-grade garage complex in Anaheim that always seemed to be a prime flooding candidate. It happens to be walking distance from the MouseShoppe offices.

Am I close?