PDA

View Full Version : Currency Exchange

twinmama1999
10-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Hello All,

Just wondering if there is a currency exchange in the Disneyland Resort?

Thanks in advance,

CarlieB
10-17-2004, 03:07 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a Thomas Cook outlet in Downtown Disney - near the movie theatre, I think.

derraj25
10-17-2004, 03:22 PM
There is one over by the Walt Disney Travel Company in Downtown Disney...Across from ESPN Zone

twinmama1999
10-17-2004, 05:45 PM
Thank you for the info,

Coming from Canada, we weren't sure how much money to exchange up here or whether it would be better to exchange the majority of it down there.

At least we know there is one in the area.

Shinku
10-17-2004, 06:17 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the bank in disneyland also do currency exchange? I know they cashed traveler's checks (or cheques, for you silly canucks ;))....

adriennek
10-17-2004, 06:32 PM
I realize you'll want some cash for small purchases and such but I've always been told that if you have an international credit card, you'll get a better exchange rate using a CC. You can get around this a little bit at DLR by using a credit card to purchase "Disney Dollars" at many Disney stores. You can use it like cash at Disney stores and ODV carts.

Adrienne

sleepyjeff
10-17-2004, 06:37 PM
I love Disney Dollars...........so easy to spend, as you feel like it's just "play money" :)

canfan
10-17-2004, 06:38 PM
All you need to do is use the cash machines in Disneyland or in your hotel. It automatically does the exchange for you. We have done it every time we have visited Disneyland with no problems. We also live in Canada. No need to take excess cash with you.

Mermaid
10-17-2004, 07:08 PM
Can you write a check for Disney Dollars? Would this also be done at the bank?

soccerlady16
10-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the bank in disneyland also do currency exchange? I know they cashed traveler's checks (or cheques, for you silly canucks ;))....

You're right, the Bank of Main Street. I had some euros from a trip so I exchanged them at DL. Even exchange- 70 dollars for 70 euros.

tod
10-18-2004, 01:04 PM
It's my understanding that you can use foreign money anywhere in Disneyland. It's a pain in the butt: The cashier has to call somewhere and find out how much the money is worth in the U.S. so they know how much change to give you, but they'll do it.

As you know -- now -- you can also get U.S. money at an ATM or exchange it at the Bank Of Main Street.

--t