PDA

View Full Version : New dishware set at Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
10-17-2004, 01:26 PM
I saw this earlier in the week, and forgot to post about it. There is an AMAZING new casual dishware set at Disneyland and the World of Disney. The set includes a dinner plate, oversized salad plate, soup bowl, juice glass, water glass, oversized mug, trivet, spoon rest and salt & pepper set. The set is slate blue / brown, and has the original DL marquee design on it.

Very "Monorail Cafe," and VERY wonderful. I saw someone buy 4 complete place settings on Thursday - I'm going to ask for a few place settings for Christmas. The pieces are sold open stock, so you can buy just what you want.

I'll post a photo as soon as I get them processed.

AVP

Wendi
10-17-2004, 01:28 PM
Sounds nice... can't wait to see the pix!

AVP
10-17-2004, 01:54 PM
The color values are off because I forgot to change the setting on the camera when I walked inside, but this is enough to get the idea:

http://albums.mouseplanet.com/AdrienneVincentPhoenix/DisneylandPlateSet_101704_AVP.jpg

http://albums.mouseplanet.com/AdrienneVincentPhoenix/DisneylandPlate_101704_AVP.jpg

AVP

Drince88
10-17-2004, 02:02 PM
Those are pretty cool! Thanks for sharing.

Rae
10-17-2004, 02:05 PM
They look great, do you remember what they cost?

AVP
10-17-2004, 02:09 PM
They look great, do you remember what they cost?I don't remember exact prices for each piece. I *think* the large plate and mug were $10 each, and the glasses and bowls $8. I was too busy drooling and taking pictures to look at prices. The couple who bought the set said they were really, really surprised at how affordable they were.

AVP

rentayenta
10-17-2004, 02:17 PM
Thanks for link. They are so cool.

I Heart Disneyland!
10-17-2004, 02:57 PM
Can you buy them from anywhere (MP?) but the park?? Thanks!

SoCalDude
10-17-2004, 03:07 PM
whoo-hoo these look very nice and we just happen to be going tommrow (Monday). I will be looking for them for sure.

Thanks for the heads up!

lisap
10-17-2004, 03:46 PM
Saw them today--very nice everyday stuff! The blue rim is very pretty. Even a set of mugs would be cool. :)

disneyboy7
10-17-2004, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the picutures. I've been hoping for dishes with a Disneyland specific logo for a long time.

mad4mky
10-17-2004, 04:17 PM
Kendall and I saw them last weekend while scrounging around the shops. Kendall asked if I was going to buy them...

no...I told her. Too close to Christmas time (and house taxes! :eek: ).

But, me likie very much! :D

Mermaid
10-17-2004, 04:39 PM
oooohhh, I have been wanting a spoon rest! I will have to track this down when I am there in Dec. Is it in the park as well as World of Disney?

Dlandmom
10-17-2004, 05:31 PM
Oh, just when I finally figured out what I wanted for Christmas...did ya really have to tempt me?! :~D ;)

I really like them! I hope they ordered enough to keep them in stock!

biolabetty
10-17-2004, 09:59 PM
I saw those last week too and I really liked them. Unfortunately, my daughter thought they looked like they belonged in a cafeteria, not our house, and usually that's the way everyone else in our house feels. I'm the only true Disney nut in our house. However, last year I decorated our bedroom as a Christmas gift for my husband, and I did it in Disney. It's really subtle, except for the Mickey over the bed, but he is a cute Mickey.

I Heart Disneyland!
10-17-2004, 10:05 PM
I still would like to know if anyone knows if I can buy these at MP or maybe Disney DelivEars??? If anyone knows, please let ME know because I won't be there until next July ! BOO HOO!!! :|

I Heart Disneyland!
10-17-2004, 10:06 PM
I saw those last week too and I really liked them. Unfortunately, my daughter thought they looked like they belonged in a cafeteria, not our house, and usually that's the way everyone else in our house feels. I'm the only true Disney nut in our house. However, last year I decorated our bedroom as a Christmas gift for my husband, and I did it in Disney. It's really subtle, except for the Mickey over the bed, but he is a cute Mickey.

WOW....I am impressed!!! My hubby would scream if I did a Disney theme room! ha! He LOVES Disneyland, and loves our Disney vacations, but, decorating in it would be over the top for him. I DO need this dishware, however, it is SO cute!!! :)

CoasterChickie
10-17-2004, 10:22 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures AVP.

I love the look of that dishware. It would go really nicely with my kitchen.

But I've had my eye on the Disney bedding for longer. :D

I hope all you gals (and guys) who love that dishware get at least one piece!!

wenderella
10-18-2004, 10:27 AM
They also sell these dishes at the Market House on Main Street. We were there October 1st - 3rd and they just had put them out. The large plates were $12, these were like extra large dinner plates. The regular dinner plate was $10. The spoonrest was $8 or $10 and so were the salt and pepper shakers...cute! There were mugs, 2 kinds of glasses, and bowls. We checked them out on Friday, and when we were leaving on Sunday, we went back in...and every plate was GONE! WOW!

mystycalchyk
10-18-2004, 11:20 AM
WOW....I am impressed!!! My hubby would scream if I did a Disney theme room! ha! He LOVES Disneyland, and loves our Disney vacations, but, decorating in it would be over the top for him. I DO need this dishware, however, it is SO cute!!! :)

hahha. My whole house is disney themed.

'Tackiest Place on Earth'

I love those dishes. Kind of steep though. $10 a plate? :eek: Service for 8 would be a killer.

DISNEYloon
10-18-2004, 12:33 PM

LOL mine too, he will indulge me in Disney.....and my kids both had 'disney' rooms.......but not the whole house......I don't actually much like disney for the WHOLE HOUSE a room or something would be fun.

Disneyphile
10-18-2004, 01:09 PM
Aaaaaaah!!! Must have!!!!!!!!!!!

mugsrb
10-18-2004, 03:34 PM
Hi I messed up on Sat night due to the rain forgot to stop and buy at least one so I would have the sku for delivery service. Could somebody post a sku number PLEASE Thanks

sediment
10-18-2004, 03:37 PM
Do those teacups spin? Can't be a decent Disneyland set if the teacups don't spin.

miss bianca
10-18-2004, 03:41 PM
Is the color Gold and Blue or is that a rust and blue?

And do they have dessert plates?