PDA

View Full Version : July 17, 2005 question

HorizonsA
10-16-2004, 08:10 PM
I am, no doubt, going to be at Disneyland July 17, 2005, the offical 50th anniversary date.

I know the trick is to be EXTREMELY early, but how early is the question. Of course, I'll drive down to the to the M&F parking structure, but just how early do they let you in? Are we allowed to "camp out" at Disneyland on the ground or something. As I remember, the day before California Adventure had it's grand Opening, Disneyland guests were able to camp out in Disneyland until the next day. If this is true, then I am definetly going to do that. But my main concern is where do I park. Am I able to park in the M&F parking area all night and camp out at Disneyland, or do I have to wait till the morning to actually arrive at Disneyland.

It would be a lot easier if I were staying at the hotels, but I don't have the money, so driving and parking is the only way to go. If anyone can answer this question for me, I'd be most greatful.

Mickeyslittlehelper
10-16-2004, 08:32 PM
I can say that i will be there early too! Do they keep the esplande open?

Earkid
10-16-2004, 08:42 PM
My thoughts are that the esplanade will be closed for the most part during the evening. DL will have to keep people on the other side of the security checkpoints. How early you will be able to get in line will depend on how early they have the security checkpoints open.

I am sure the closer it gets to the big day DL will let people know what they can and can not do.

Ya'll sound like me. I plan waaaayyy ahead for all of my trips (that's part of the fun but drives DH nuts). I have our Dec and Feb trips planned and now I am figuring out a late May trip and our Sept trip. We already have our Dec. 2005 50th Anniversary special trip booked.

I Heart Disneyland!
10-16-2004, 09:47 PM
I've already made my hotel reservations as I plan to be there too! :) I CANNOT imagine how extremely packed it will be that day. It's the only time in MY life that I will be able to be there for such a big DL deal, I don't plan to miss it.

JeffG
10-16-2004, 10:18 PM
While I suspect it will be a very crowded day, I'm not sure it will be quite as big a crowd as some of you are suggesting. The heavily promoted kick-off day for the 50th Anniversary events will be May 5. The most loyal fans will certainly know that July 17th is the real anniversary, and I'm sure there will be some special events that day, but I suspect the big push will be for the May date.

-Jeff

Disneyland2004
10-16-2004, 11:29 PM
man i jsut found out some great news..i just saved a bunch of my money on car insurance with GEIKO.... now im going to be at Disneyland on July 17, 2005!!!!! YEAH.

Animalia
10-17-2004, 09:40 AM
I keep thinking back to DCA's opening day and how it was all over the local media how packed the place would be. Anaheim police would be placed at intersections to control the flow of cars in and out of the resort, the park would probably stop allowing guests in by mid day due to reaching full capacity, and if you wanted to get in guaranteed that day you should arrive by 5:30am, receive a bracelet and wait on Main St. in DL for the park to open. (I know 'cause I was there :D.) But then the park ended up having extremely low attendance. I'm guessing alot of people were scared off by the media hype. I'm wondering if the same thing will happen on July 17th next year. :confused:

Mickeyslittlehelper
10-17-2004, 09:56 AM
"receive a bracelet"? What do you mean???

Animalia
10-17-2004, 12:26 PM
Sorry. I should have said wrist band. It was one of those paper strips they lock around your wrist to show you belong at an event or in this case have permission to be there. We purchased our passports the day before, showed them to a cast member as we got off the escalator at the Mickey & Friends parking structure and they strapped the wrist bands on us. I think "Pleasure Island" was printed on them. Must've been left overs from WDW.