PDA

View Full Version : AP prices going up Monday, October 18th

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Darkbeer
10-15-2004, 08:25 PM
A CM sent me this from the Cast Portal...

Dear Cast Members:

I wanted to let you know in advance that beginning on October 18, 2004 the Disneyland Resort will implement a price increase for three of our four Annual Passes.

We believe that our Annual Passes are a tremendous value and offer an affordable way for Guests to make multiple visits to experience all that our parks have to offer. Based on the number of Annual Passholders that we have, our Guests obviously understand this value as well. In fact, the Southern California passes pay for themselves after only two visits. The deluxe passes pay for themselves in less than four visits and the Premium passes in less than six.

With more choices than ever, Guests can continue to choose the pass that is right for them – including the increasingly popular Southern California Select pass. Whether the Guest is a parent who likes to take their kids to the park during weekdays or a person who wants to visit the parks every day of the year, there is a pass that will fit their needs perfectly.

As you can imagine, our Annual Passholders are among our most loyal and valued Guests not only because they visit often but they frequently introduce new Guests to our parks. They have the same passion and commitment to our product that we have as Cast Members. Therefore, their expectations are high - which is why we rely on you to continue to provide them with the world-class Guest service for which we are known.

My guess, the SoCal Select will remain $99.....

Mickeyslittlehelper
10-15-2004, 08:35 PM
Some interesting news. I was actually thinking this was going to happen in January. How much do you think they will increase the other ones?

Wendi
10-15-2004, 08:37 PM
My guess, the SoCal Select will remain $99.....

I really hope so because that's the one I want and I won't be able to get it for a couple of weeks. Maybe I can send a friend out to get it for me this weekend just in case...

Darn... now I'm getting really antsy about it...

Darkbeer
10-15-2004, 08:41 PM
^Actually you can get vouchers (aka Gift Certificates) this weekend at parks Ticket Booths, they should be good for about three months. They don't have to be purchased by the person who will it be used by.... So, it would make sense that you go get the voucher either Saturday or Sunday.....

Darkbeer
10-15-2004, 08:43 PM
Some interesting news. I was actually thinking this was going to happen in January. How much do you think they will increase the other ones?
Just got the info...

SoCal Select = $99 (no increase)
SoCal = $149 ($20 increase with fewer blockout dates)
Deluxe = $209 ($30 increase)
Premium = $329 ($50 increase)

Remember, everything at Disney is subject to change........

But the above info should be right

Earkid
10-15-2004, 08:51 PM
Whew, I'm glad I just renewed ours in September.

KinLA
10-15-2004, 09:07 PM
Can I buy a voucher at my local Disney Store?

If I purchase online, also good for 3 months before first use?

Thanks..

biolabetty
10-15-2004, 09:08 PM
Great timing on my part, I just bought my first passes the Saturday of Mouseadventure. When I bought them, I was told they would probably be going up, but I had no idea that it would be this soon.

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
10-15-2004, 09:11 PM
Wow! Wasn't the Premium hardest hit last time they increased prices? And now again it's the largest increase. :(

I'm glad we just got our lil old Deluxes in August. Methinks when they expire, we might take some time off from DL and head for the San Diego attractions.

VickiC
10-15-2004, 09:15 PM
Yikes. With my youngest turning three in January and the rest of us expiring around the same time I'm debating taking some time off.

Driving: The Zoo/Wild Animal Park Membership is a deal and our kids like those just as much as Disney, unfortuantely it's a drive for us while Disney is practically around the corner.

sambo
10-15-2004, 09:16 PM
:(

...bummer

sami869
10-15-2004, 09:17 PM
Ouch, looks like we won't be getting passes for this year afterall.

junglejoy
10-15-2004, 09:26 PM
We live out of state. Do you think if we had our renewal postmarked by 10/16 we could still get the old price and the $20 discount? I guess it can't hurt to try.

Darkbeer
10-15-2004, 09:38 PM
^Have you already gotten your renewal notice, if so, they should honor the old prices as printed on the notice.

In the past, they have honored the old prices for a month or so, to match the renewal notice, my GUESS is those who have an expiration date of November 30th or earlier will get the chance to renew under the old rates. On of the rules is that you cannot renew unless there is a month or less left on your AP, so most current AP holders will just have to pay the new prices, should be interesting to see if they increase the renewal discount on either the Premium and/or the Deluxe.....

junglejoy
10-15-2004, 09:44 PM
But we haven't received a renewal notice yet. I found one at disneyland.com. I think I'm going to fill it out and send it in. It would save us $50 off of the new price (we have the deluxe passes) which for our family would be $250.

And Darkbeer. Thanks for the heads up last year. It is because of you and your info on the Coke coupons that we even got the passes to begin with. We only went one more time in March and then plan another trip at the end of this month. We REALLY want to go next year to see the park all gussied up - especially since a lot of things are refurbing when we're there at the end of the month. So, thanks Darkbeer, for many, many fun times!

SoCalDude
10-15-2004, 10:26 PM

Yes you can. We jsut got a SoCal one the other day from one of the few here in San Diego.

I am glad the basic ones are staying the same price.. we only go during the week so do not need anything more. But my wife does have the premium for all the discounts and other stuff like that.

SoCalDude
10-15-2004, 10:28 PM
But we haven't received a renewal notice yet. I found one at disneyland.com. I think I'm going to fill it out and send it in. It would save us $50 off of the new price (we have the deluxe passes) which for our family would be $250.
Try calling them up - AFIK you should get a renewal discount.

Wendi
10-15-2004, 10:51 PM

If I purchase online, also good for 3 months before first use?

Thanks..

Yes, but the SoCal passes are only available from SoCal stores.

Yes, the vouchers purchased online have the same time limit.

KarenW2
10-15-2004, 10:59 PM
So, is there any way my hubby and I can renew our PAPs early? We'd really like to avoid having to pay an extra $100 if we don't have to!!

How horrible that the day you said they're raising prices is 10-18 - my birthday!!! :(

KinLA
10-15-2004, 11:30 PM
Thank you Dude, wendi and Dark Beer!

sdfilmcritic
10-15-2004, 11:34 PM
So their way of giving us respect and appreciation for our loyalty is to charge us more?

Darkbeer
10-15-2004, 11:35 PM
So, is there any way my hubby and I can renew our PAPs early? We'd really like to avoid having to pay an extra $100 if we don't have to!!

How horrible that the day you said they're raising prices is 10-18 - my birthday!!! :(
When do your AP's expire? One strategy is something first done at Knott's, if your AP expires before the end of the year, I would buy vouchers for new AP's this weekend, and then after your AP expires, use the vouchers (at the old price) to get "new" AP's at the lower price. Yes, you lose your $20 renewal discount, but you save in the lower price.....

Corwin17
10-16-2004, 12:24 AM
Premium = $329 ($50 increase)OK, that's, what?, $130 in increases in the last year or so? :eek:

Ok, let's break this down ...

California has 2 parks (or 1.5 according to many). The new price is now $164.50 per park (or $219 per park for less than 2 parks).

Florida has 4 full parks (IMHO, and not counting water parks). At $379 for the regular, non-blockout, AP that's $94.75 per park?!?! *AND* you get a whole lot more!

What is with these people?!?!?

BJW
10-16-2004, 02:57 AM
So their way of giving us respect and appreciation for our loyalty is to charge us more?I agree, the CM letter was an oxymoron! They should have gone in depth to explain why the price increase is taking place. Actually, I believe that since they knocked $100 off when people weren't going to DCA they are now trying to recapture that and get people to pay for DCA now. For the premium you're paying $229 for Disneyland and $100 for DCA. This is only about $30 more than what it was when DCA first opened so that makes sense when you take inflation/hypothetical price increases into account.

Therefore, the price raise is serving two purposes:
1. Get us to pay for DCA.
2. Give us an incentive to choose the cheaper pass so that more of us will tend to attend on less crowded days.

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
10-16-2004, 06:10 AM
California has 2 parks (or 1.5 according to many). The new price is now $164.50 per park (or $219 per park for less than 2 parks).

Florida has 4 full parks (IMHO, and not counting water parks). At $379 for the regular, non-blockout, AP that's $94.75 per park?!?! *AND* you get a whole lot more!

Gee, when you put it that way, methinks we'll be taking even more time off from the Land and head for the World. Our kids will be old enough to properly enjoy WDW by then, will be mostly out of strollers, and lighter on naps.