PDA

View Full Version : Mickey and Friends won't just be a Parking Structure in November

Darkbeer
10-15-2004, 08:03 PM
Well, sometime in early November, we will have a second building called "Mickey and Friends", this time in DCA....

The current Ariel's Grotto will be closing for about 3 days around the second week of November, and will do some minor changes to the location, and when it returns, it will be renamed "Mickey and Friends". Ariel is leaving, and Mickey is moving in. It will remain a Character Dining location, and will be the first Character Dining location to feature "the Big Cheese". More than likely will remain a fixed menu, but there has been talk about a buffet.

This is one of a few character dining changes, expect to see the Princesses around for Breakfast at the Plaza Inn........

SoCalDude
10-15-2004, 10:31 PM
VERY cool!

We were going to eat there once before.. looked at the prices, thought about Ariel and passed. Mickey WILL get us in the door.

Wendi
10-15-2004, 10:49 PM
I think all of the dining changes are going to be great. We have a group lunch planned at Ariel's in a couple of weeks (35 people) and I wish the change was already in place, but it will be nice to see it as Ariel's Grotto since I've never been there. It will be very cool to hang out with Mickey Mouse next time we come though!!!

Fozzie
10-16-2004, 11:56 AM
Also, PCH Grill will soon have Lilo and Stitch as the main theme. Other characters will still be at the location, but the central characters will be L&S.

experiment626
10-16-2004, 05:55 PM
Will it keep it "seafood" menu? Guessing so due to its location.

rentayenta
10-16-2004, 06:02 PM
Very cool. Mickey is a favorite at our house! Wondering about the menu myself and if Mickey will be nautical?

DopeyWife
10-16-2004, 07:09 PM
This is one of a few character dining changes, expect to see the Princesses around for Breakfast at the Plaza Inn........

Do you know when this is supposed to happen? I wanted to take my daughter to see the Pooh and friends before it leaves.

bluepearl
10-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Will some of those minor changes include some changes to the atmosphere at the Grotto?

I hope that the major change will be the food. I had dinner there with friends for my birthday and was sorely disappointed with the food. It really wasn't worth the price we paid.

What does everybody think of a buffet character dining experience, like the Crystal Palace at WDW?

VickiC
10-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Will some of those minor changes include some changes to the atmosphere at the Grotto?

I hope that the major change will be the food. I had dinner there with friends for my birthday and was sorely disappointed with the food. It really wasn't worth the price we paid.

I agree. We ate there once and thoguht the character experience was wonderful (or at least the kids did) but the food was not so great. The one on one interaction my daughter had with Ariel made her day, it was so much better than the typical Princess line-up, and the other characters all decked out in their nautical gear were very cute.

JeffG
10-16-2004, 10:15 PM
Will it keep it "seafood" menu? Guessing so due to its location.

It hasn't been a seafood restaurant since Wolfgang Puck pulled out.

-Jeff

Andrew
10-17-2004, 12:59 AM
Unless you count the "Dish of the Day", wheeled out on a cart for your convenience.

Earkid
10-17-2004, 09:56 AM
Unless you count the "Dish of the Day", wheeled out on a cart for your convenience.

LOL at Andrew!! ;)

I always liked the Fish and Chips at the Grotto. Crunchy coating, neither overdone or mushy and the fish was always flakey and tasty.