PDA

View Full Version : Reservations for Restaurants and Character Meals

twinmama1999
10-15-2004, 06:08 PM
At what point should you be making reservations for say Goofy's Kitchen, ESPN Zone and Rainforest Cafe. We're leaving in one week and I was just reading a thread where someone said their leaving in 51 days and made their reservations now. Now is that because it's the Christmas season then?

Don't tell me I'm going to be out of luck if I haven't made reservations?

Hawaiian Cinderella
10-15-2004, 06:15 PM
I think you can make reservations 60 days in advance. Now is better than never. My friends just got back from DL and said walkup waits for ESPN and Rainforest were 2 to 2-1/2 hours!! :eek:

Wendi
10-15-2004, 06:19 PM
I would say that if you already know where you would like to eat and on what nights, go ahead and call them in now. However, you really shouldn't have much of a problem getting in that night if you call in the morning or call in for the next day while you are there. If you don't have Priority Seating arrangements the waits can be pretty long, especially at certain times, but there are always places you can go for a quick bite if you would rather not be tied to any set plans.

missuniverse78
10-15-2004, 06:27 PM
I made reservation for our trip today (we arrive on oct 29th). It's better to book in advance to make sure you get the times you want. I believe there is limited amount of priority seating per time slot since I was told that certain times I wanted to book were already full.

GrumpyUTboi
10-15-2004, 08:30 PM
Good Luck on getting reservations. We made reservations 60 days in advance. HOB was pretty well booked up, the Goofy's Kitchen was really booked up so we were able to get reservations for 7 am. Kind of early, but you got to do what you have to do.

10-16-2004, 04:15 AM
All is not lost! I like a mix of planning and spontaneity. We made some reservations and also found we could walk into Storytellers for the character breakfast (just get there at opening - 7 a.m.).

twinmama1999
10-16-2004, 07:33 AM
I phoned last night and made reservations for Rainforest on Monday night and Goofy's Kitchen on Tuesday night with no problem at all. I however was not able to get reservations for ESPN Zone as they don't take reservations on weekends or Monday nights due to Monday football. Thanks for your help. We're going to eat dinner on Saturday at DL (Pizza Port) and on Sunday we're not sure where we'll eat, we'll just play it by ear.

Thanks for your help.