PDA

View Full Version : Club 33

Pages : [1] 2

dlandnut
10-15-2004, 12:38 PM
I know this has been brought up before, so please forgive me. Is there anyway at all to get into Club 33, i.e., do people "share" their membership, who even qualifies for a membership, is it as exclusive as it sounds? What are the qualifications for getting in? Is it all about money? Is that the bottom line? Somebody please enlighten me!!! :)

SoCalDude
10-15-2004, 12:54 PM
you can try this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2277198708&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Disclaimer:
this is not mine, I have nothing to do with it - it was posted here a few days ago in a different topic.

I would love to take my gf to club 33 - she truly loves Dl and I think taking her there would just make her year. But alas, does not look like that is going to happen.

Forbin
10-15-2004, 12:54 PM
The first part is considered solicitaion...I expect the mods to modify your message.

Though for the rest, it is a long line(2 year waiting list) and it's $50k a year I think?

mystycalchyk
10-15-2004, 12:57 PM
for us it was all about who you know who knows someone who knows someone.

Literally. A friend of mines bosses uncles boss' companyhas a membership and after 5 years of trying we got in for a Sunday brunch. ONCE.

We had to give them our names, birthdates, addresses, phone numbers, credit card numbers, social security numbers, where we were born, and mothers maiden names 6 months in advance. :| Seriously.

Freerider127
10-15-2004, 01:51 PM
The first part is considered solicitaion...I expect the mods to modify your message.

Though for the rest, it is a long line(2 year waiting list) and it's $50k a year I think?

Its no way nere 50k a year its more like 3k year but does not include food, there is a minium for 45$ a person when you eat there. The waiting list last time i talked to the manager was 6 years, now obvisouly if you have cetain connections that list can get pretty short.

mickeygirl99
10-15-2004, 03:54 PM
Be careful if you do bid on the ebay lunches and dinners.
I did and was just told "As of Monday, Club 33 has new management and as such, they will no longer honor
Ebay dinner invitations until such time as we come to a new agreement with
management " :crying:

They are going to refund my money, but I don't want the money.
I was giving this trip and the dinner to my husband for our 5th anniversary.
I am so so disappointed. They are trying to work something out for me, but my hopes are high.

10-16-2004, 05:11 AM
I give up! Explain the tantalizing song of the mermaids that is Club 33?

Here's where I'm coming from: Disneyland has lots of nice places to eat. While nothing is cheap at the Disneyland eating establishments, anyone can just call up and make reservations or stand in line. Your meal is likely to be very nice, too.

Help me out here?

Christiii
10-16-2004, 06:35 AM
Be careful if you do bid on the ebay lunches and dinners.
I did and was just told "As of Monday, Club 33 has new management and as such, they will no longer honor
Ebay dinner invitations until such time as we come to a new agreement with
management " :crying:

They are going to refund my money, but I don't want the money.
I was giving this trip and the dinner to my husband for our 5th anniversary.
I am so so disappointed. They are trying to work something out for me, but my hopes are high.
of crud!! I was going to bid on one of those!! I almpost did last summer but you had two wait two months for a ressie and I was going in two weeks... :rolleyes: this is just my dream to be able to take my mom there..and ebay looks like the only way Ill ever make it..I went on a meet a few people people from another disneyland site..(not as friendly as this place!!) anyhoo....we all met, went on som e rides etc..then the head of the site said "hey..the good news is..we are having lunch at club 33..the bad news is..I cant take everyone..which meant he could take everyone but me...I tell ya..I just about died..I was so embarrassed becuase when he first said we were going, I looked like a game show contestant..I felt like I won the lottery...then he said he only could take "his friends"..I swear I had an out of body experience at that time..heh...aI was so crushed and embarassed and trining to act like I was a cool....hehe...gosh...Ill never get over that day..soooooo close..sooooooooo darn close!!!!! now I just go and stare at the door...like a nut..I thought ebay was my only hope...my dreams as dashed again.... :crying:

calguy77
10-16-2004, 07:20 AM
Just went to Club 33 for my first time yesterday> I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it. Can't wait to go back again and again.

TikiGeek
10-16-2004, 09:57 AM
I give up! Explain the tantalizing song of the mermaids that is Club 33?

Here's where I'm coming from: Disneyland has lots of nice places to eat. While nothing is cheap at the Disneyland eating establishments, anyone can just call up and make reservations or stand in line. Your meal is likely to be very nice, too.

Help me out here?
I agree. IMHO, Napa Rose has better food and "common folk" can make reservations and go there. Napa Rose has one of the highest Zagot's ratings of any restaurant in SoCal. Yes it's expensive - it's also a singular culinary experience. I admit Club 33 has better atmosphere and is a very different experience. For my $$$ - I pick Napa Rose.

adriennek
10-16-2004, 10:23 AM
I'm with TikiGeek and 3894.

Helen, I think the reason people want to go to C33 so badly is because it's hard to get into. It's exclusive.

Now, if C33 had Napa Rose quality food or better than NR, I'd be exercising my options and trying to get into C33 more often, I'm sure. And I have to admit, I've been twice, once for brunch buffet and once for dinner, so a lot of the mystery has been addressed for me.

But now I'm satisfied. I don't really need to go back and if someone was really upset that he/she couldn't get in, I'd tell them to go to NR in a heartbeat.

Adrienne

ExPeRiMeNt629
10-16-2004, 10:58 AM
Actually the waiting list is more then about 10 plus years, and the people that are eating in CLUB 33 today, their parents or family memebers were on the waiting list back in the 60-70s, so their is your answer. About the price tag it is more of like 10-20k and mim. purchase is about 60 dollars with groups no less then 2 and reservations are put in 8 months in advance. People that have family that are members get certain days to bring in "GUEST" to join them in CLUB 33. The member has to be present at the time, but most of the people that go to Club 33 have ties to WDI(they been their since the begining or their parents knew Walt himself) That's how tightnit this Club is. If you can get in You are and will be Envyed by anyone that see's you go through the Green door. And I do hear it is a wonderful feeling it is.

mystycalchyk
10-16-2004, 11:00 AM
On a sidenote, our experience at Club 33 was not expensive (well the meal wasnt anyway). Because our admission into the park was paid for, for that day, as part of the Club 33 thing, so we were able to add an extra day onto our visit that year without paying for an extra night at the hotel. We had bought a 5 day hopper and used the club 33 pass on our 3rd day or so, then we had another 3 days left (on our hopper) so we got 6 days, we just checked out on our last day and played the rest of the day in the park, and got a later flight home. (At the time, obviously we did not hold APs so the extra days admission into the park was a nice bonus) So the fact that we paid close to $100 for our meal, when you figure in that a days admission for two would have been close to $75 that was not alot at all.
The things that cost us were the goodies we bought. I bought one of the gold edged collector plates, and a couple of pins (they are all framed with a few napkins and our passes for that day in a shadow box) and hubby got a leather club 33 jacket (which he loves) <-- that was the spendy item, the plate wasnt much

Melaniee
10-16-2004, 11:29 AM
It's a friend of a friend of a person of a corporation type of thing (or it was for me). LOL. My friend "won" the invitation from a raffle (free) at an attorney event.

I liked the mickey-shaped pasta, but I don't know that I would go again. Even with free admission it was costly.

Interesting about the eBay thing...how will Club 33 know if that is how someone got their invitation?

calguy77
10-16-2004, 12:06 PM
A freind of mine was put on the waiting list two years ago. Letter was sent out a month ago to invite him to join. The initiation fee was less, a lot less, then what you people are quoting on this site. I think its funny how much everything gets blown up on here. To my friend, its not about the food, its about taking clients, family, friends to a very nice place in Disneyland. Its about the history the club holds. And it doesn't take 8 months to get a reservation, he called on monday of this week and got a reservation on the friday of the same week.

Disneynut1955
10-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Experiement 629 you could not be more wrong. The waiting list for Club 33 is approx. 3 years and that is because they only do membership once per year. The current dues are $3250.00 per year with a $7000.00 initiation fee. I have called several times and made reservations two days out. Weekends and holidays require a little more notice. Members are not required to be with their guests and we can even have our guests not pay their dining charges (called a "do not present"). Minimum food purchase is the price of a one day adult admission and it is never enforced.

VickiC
10-16-2004, 02:45 PM
I wonder if some people are confusing the corporate membership rates with the individual ones?

Opus1guy
10-17-2004, 05:15 AM
Those of you comparing Club 33 with Napa Rose are clearly missing out on many incomparable differences. And those that haven't dined there recently probably shouldn't be comparing the new dinning options at the Club with Napa Rose. IMHO. :)

There are many existing threads on Club 33 that the "Search" feature reveals. This one from some wine guy ;) back in March of this year, clearly and accurately outlines the different membership types:

Those estimates are in the current ballpark, but remember that the waitlist length changes from time to time...often with how well (or not well) the economy is doing.

Your speculation about different wait times for Corporate vs. Individual applicants is somewhat correct. However there are no hard and fast rules to the positioning or priority on the membership waitlist. Generally it's first come, first served. Though often a Full Corporate application will indeed get priority. But if the Corporation wants their full compliment of 10 cards issued right away, even they may have to wait a bit.

If you are referred by an existing respected Member, or if you have met the Club management in person and they like you...you can assume that you may find yourself at the top of the list pretty fast. They are certainly able to do whatever they wish in that regards.

And if you are a new Corporate Alliance partner in the Parks...well you can also imagine some waitlist rules being bent for you pretty darn fast!

Just FYI, the following are the current 2004 membership initiation fees and annual dues. Remember that upon acceptance you have to send in a check for your initiation fee AND your first year's dues. So that first year is quite a big nut!

Corporate - $20,000 initiation fee; $5,725 annual plus $4,375 annual per additional card issued (up to a max of 9 additional cards)

Limited Company - $10,000 initiation fee; $4,375 annual (only one cardholder allowed)

Gold (individuals) - $7,500 initiation fee; $3,025 annual

Silver (individuals) - No longer offered as new memberships (they tried this lower priced "restricted membership" level, but didn't like it), though existing Silvers can maintain their Silver membership for $1,925 annually. Or they can bump-up to Gold without re-waitlisting if they want to pay the difference.

Of course, by the time an applicant clears the waitlist, the above initiation fee and dues are likely to be much higher due to inflation.

The basic differences in price between the Company and Individual types has to do with transferability and number of sub-memberships (Corporate Associates) you may have. Corporate memberships are in the name of the company and stay with the company and are reassigned as executives come and go.

Gold and Silver memberships are individual "person specific" memberships, and are non-transferable. When that person dies or quits their membership the membership goes back to the Club to sell as a new membership. Game Over. You can not pass it on to an heir.

If you are wondering what the difference is between Silvers and Golds...it's a bit like the difference between an Annual Pass and a Premium Annual Pass. Silvers have shorter date windows when they can book in advance with day-of-week restrictions, and limited "Guest Reservation" date windows.

To get on the waitlist, you have to write the Club Manager c/o Disneyland and state your interest and wish for membership. When you finally clear the list, you'll be mailed updated info and prices to join.

I knew someone that sent in his application and 6 years later he cleared the waitlist. Only problem was that at some point during that 6 years, he moved and forgot to notify the Club of his new address! He didn't know that he had cleared the waitlist until after about 8 years of waiting he called the Club and inquired. It's then that he found out they mailed his application 2 years earlier and it was returned! There were no memberships at that time, so he had to go back on the list! But they did give him a top spot and he didn't have to wait too much longer.

Moral of the story if you apply for membership? Don't forget to notify them of any Change Of Address!

Regards,
Ken

TikiGeek
10-17-2004, 07:55 AM
Those of you comparing Club 33 with Napa Rose are clearly missing out on many incomparable differences. And those that haven't dined there recently probably shouldn't be comparing the new dinning options at the Club with Napa Rose. IMHO. :)

I may have missed something, what are the new dinning options?

Christiii
10-17-2004, 08:23 AM
Opus..I NEVER compare the two...and covet Club 33 from afar....Ic try not to vbe toooo obvious as I stare at the door with a longing look..hehe...I have never really thought of just judging it as a restaurant..its a very special place (to me anyway)Ill get there soooooooome day... :rolleyes:

10-17-2004, 08:31 AM
Gold (individuals) - $7,500 initiation fee; $3,025 annual

Call me a Club 33 muggle but $10,525 buys me an awful lot of those fabulous zen hot-rock puupuu platters at Napa Rose. ;)

dlandnut
10-18-2004, 07:13 AM
"hey..the good news is..we are having lunch at club 33..the bad news is..I cant take everyone..which meant he could take everyone but me...I think that your "friend" was extremely rude. He could take everyone in but you? What a jerk. :)

stan4d_steph
10-18-2004, 07:23 AM
Call me a Club 33 muggle but $10,525 buys me an awful lot of those fabulous zen hot-rock puupuu platters at Napa Rose. ;)I'm right there with you.

And no touching the rock!

Christiii
10-18-2004, 08:29 AM
I think that your "friend" was extremely rude. He could take everyone in but you? What a jerk. :)
yueah.. I know it sounds silly..but it has always been my dream to go..so when he said he had reservations I thought I was going to pass out!! until he dropped the bomb..then I just WANTED to pass out..hehe

MrsPooh
10-18-2004, 08:04 PM
It can be tough for mere mortals like us to get in to Club 33. Like you all said, you have to know someone who knows someone who knows someone. In Reno it is highly unlikely you will find someone who has a membership who will take you there for dinner. And forget corporate memberships. They don't happen in my town. Maybe Southern Ca, but not Reno.

I wanted to bid on the Ebay auction too, but was afraid that I would wind up contributing to something unethical.

I would just love to see the room where Walt had intended to entertain guests. See the chandelier where the microphone is. Go where only special people are allowed. I dunno. I guess when you are in awe of someone like Walt Disney you want to visit one of "his" places. As I said before, I wanted to be a cartoonist as a kid, and to accomplish even something 1/10th of what he did would be a major thrill in life. I think it is something more for me. Just the experience, the honor.

I would kill to get a look at that apartment above the firehouse.....