PDA

View Full Version : Saw the sub yesterday...and other musings from our trip

Melaniee
10-15-2004, 10:46 AM
...any words or new ideas? It was just sitting there in the lagoon...all hooked up to a platform with many wires running out of the hatch. There was also a sign indicating that Imagineering is in progress. The hubby was thrilled. :)

The bubbles were even coming up from the lagoon.

Some pics...
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/815906/subs2.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/815906/subs1.jpg

I had never ever been in the "America Sings" building. Ever. My stepfather suggested we check it out since we were there anyhow and at the tired end of the day. Innoventions is so cool! Okay, not the cheesy-gratuitous usage of sponsorship, but all of the interactive portions. Our son just loved it, especially the exhibit where he could play hockey on the floor. We will definitely be going back another time. It was a nice break from the walking and waiting of the day. Though I can't imagine how it would be on a busy summer day since they said there are no time limits.

It was our first trip to the Haunted Mansion all decked out. All I could say was..."Wow." I just had no idea to the extent the decorations would go. Very Impressive!!

We arrived about 11:30 and ate at the LaBrea Cafe (it should be illegal to have a restaurant with a bathroom so far away! I will never eat there again...my toddler almost didn't make it), left about 8:30pm. (keep in mind we had a 2.75 yo with us as well has his grandparents) We rode: DLR, Small World, Dumbo, Carousel, Haunted Mansion x2, Mark Twain (I think only my second time ever), Pirates, Indy (I didn't get to go b/c Ds had a case of the "Mama - stay!"s, and ungrateful Dh didn't even like it!) & Innoventions.

We were sad to see the Jungle Cruise closed...in retrospect, I think I knew it would be, but forgot. I didn't even notice the top of the castle peeking out! Does anyone know what they are doing on mainstreet? Is it just a paint job? It was strange to see the top of the buildings covered. Oh, and jeers to Disney for closing the babycare center exactly at 8 pm. I can't believe they didn't think people would want to stop on the way out! Ds loves their little potties. LOL.

We had a Fun Day and can't wait to go back! I won't get to hit HM next time b/c Ds & I are going without Dh (no way on earth Ds would like that ride. He would be scared out of his mind, I was so surprised to see a few take their toddlers on it), so I'm glad I made it this time. Fantastic!!

Melaniee
10-15-2004, 11:30 AM
Sorry about the images...I made them smaller anyhow...I can't edit the first thread to remove the links though...??? So if a mod could put these instead, I'd appreciate it.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/815906/ARXVZ-UQHHB-subs1.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/815906/MTFRM-PSJTG-subs2.jpg

Mukta
10-15-2004, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the pictures. I am very excited about the subs as well. Sounds like you guys hads a great trip. Did your little one enjoy everything? Did he get to see Mickey? Did your parents like everything?

Melaniee
10-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Oh yes, he enjoyed it all! (he did not go on POTC, HM or Indy). The only characters we saw were Snow White and Buzz. He seemed to enjoy Chip & Dale last time, so we were hoping for more. But it was pretty warm. In February, when he was deathly scared of them after a nasty Max run-in, we couldn't get away from them! LOL. No Mickey. He does till remember, Max, though, as I showed him his AP and there is a Goofy picture on the back. He said somberly, "I don't like him."

The grandparents enjoyed it as well. They enjoy anything if he is there. We tried it without the scooter this time as my SF was feeling better, but I think he would have done better to rent one again. It's a lot of walking, and I'm in good health. I can't imagine how tired he must be today. We talked them into APs as well, so they'll be back with us again.

Thanks for asking!

VickiC
10-15-2004, 09:24 PM
We eat at the LaBrea Cafe almost everytime we go but we make a potty stop first. The kid's mac and cheese is better (and cheaper) than almost anything for kids in the parks and it feeds both my kids along with the delicious bread. I'm not a big DTD fan but the addition of that one restaurant is a big plus for us.