PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed that some TOT sequences are scarier than others?

CoasterChickie
10-15-2004, 08:00 AM
The first three times I rode the TOT I was scared but having fun at the same time. To me the ride felt like bouncing up and down over and over again. I was on the elevator that's to the right on the lower level all three times.

On this past trip I was on the elevator to the left on the upper level and it felt much scarier. It was a few long drops instead of a lot of bounces. I went on it a second time and had a moment of "What am I doing on this again? I gotta get off right now!" It was really scary again. But the family convinced me to go one more time that night and we got the same elevator as the first three times and it was really fun again. What's really weird is that we couldn't tell if we were going up or down!

Has anyone else noticed that some rides are much scarier than others?

slydini
10-15-2004, 08:20 AM
I have noticed that the upper elevators have a lot more "Hang Time" than the lower elevators. I am not sure why that would be. I can't rememeber but there was another thread that had similar posts and it would seem the upper level is more scary than lower.

disneyperson
10-15-2004, 10:24 AM
Yeah! There's a big difference. We rode twice in a row. One was very bouncy the other featured two long drops. We also saw totally different things. Very cool. Can't wait to find out what will happen next time! Next trip Dec 11-13!!!

HorizonsA
10-15-2004, 04:09 PM
A friend of mine told me that in the que of the second level there is a "door" where you can hear a little girls voice saying "help me" and she said it really freaked her out. I've been on the second level only once and haven't heard the girl, but that sound awsome.

Pirate Girl
10-15-2004, 04:28 PM
That is cool. The looks you get from people who see you sticking your ear to the wall are quite entertaining as well. ;)

ExPeRiMeNt629
10-16-2004, 11:12 AM
The ride is random, it doesn't matter what side or level your on. During the preview I got the opertunity to ride it for 3hrs of my shift. And Everything was different and random, to make the drops or lifts more crazyier try looking up as you ascend and decend. And also if you lean forward during any of the drops or lifts you risk making yourself sick, your better off just sitting upright.

DCAWhites
10-16-2004, 11:39 AM
DCA's TOT is nor random at all, every elevator has the exact same number of drops, with close to the same heights, in the same exact order. Its supposed to be randomized in the future. MGM's tot is already random.

Jeremiah
10-16-2004, 01:40 PM
Thank you for pointing that out. The drop profiles are all the same except the shaft on the far right as you face the doors and that is only because of scene placement. The word is we will get the random drops profiles in 2006 or so. I have been in all 3 drop shafts and they are all the same.

J

disneyperson
10-16-2004, 02:29 PM
I rode it back to back in July, and they sure felt different to us, and the other folk we rode with were buzzing about the different rides they'd experienced. I suppose the different scenes we saw made it seem different? So many people were fooled.hmmmmmm.

SoCalSteven
10-16-2004, 05:47 PM
I've ridden ToT in every car and most every spot in the car and I know for a fact that the ride is the same no matter where you ride.

I find that the back of the car gives a more intense ride though.

miss bianca
10-16-2004, 06:23 PM
Okay I'm confused -I've only ridden TOT once - what do you mean by levels?

Is there only one que on one level or multiple ques on multiple levels?

Javanod
10-16-2004, 06:27 PM
Is there only one que on one level or multiple ques on multiple levels?

If you enter the ride via the left "Liberry" (had to say it) you'll travel up some stairs. After that the queue is the same as the downstairs queue. So there's two queues feeding 6 possible entry points.

CoasterChickie
10-16-2004, 06:28 PM
Three on the first level and three on the second level. I KNOW that they are different because on 4 of them they took the picture first then dropped us and on 2 of them they dropped us first then brought us back up and took the picture. The latter was much scarier!!

redgryphen
10-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Another cool thing to do up stairs while in line is to listen to the radio.