PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Questions

dlandnut
10-15-2004, 07:21 AM
I copied this from another thread to start it here. I have never been to DL during the holidays. I've watched all these interesting threads that make reference to the holidays, and it sounds like something I should definitely consider doing. I need to break out of my comfort zone. There's something about your own home on Christmas Eve, smell of turkey in the oven, waking up Christmas morning to the gifts of Christmas. You get it, the whole Norman Rockwell holiday scene. But it sounds so wonderful to be at DL! Do the CM's mind working on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? Do they treat you okay, or do they resent having to work at that special time of year? Are any services cut back because you're there during the holidays? :)

rentayenta
10-15-2004, 10:21 AM
When I talked to John at Vacation Planning we got on the subject of working on Christmas. He told me that the CMs get a choice of what holidays to work and most likely the ones that are working on Christmas want to work on Christmas. He was so sweet and helpful. I said it on another thread; the customer service that I have received thus far has been top notch!

I wouldn't expect to have any services cut back because Christmas is peak season.

We will be there for Christmas Eve and Day and I will give a full trip report, including the quality of customer service.

dlandnut
10-15-2004, 10:30 AM
When I talked to John at Vacation Planning we got on the subject of working on Christmas. He told me that the CMs get a choice of what holidays to work and most likely the ones that are working on Christmas want to work on Christmas. He was so sweet and helpful. I said it on another thread; the customer service that I have received thus far has been top notch!

I wouldn't expect to have any services cut back because Christmas is peak season.

We will be there for Christmas Eve and Day and I will give a full trip report, including the quality of customer service.

Thank you rentayenta. I look forward to your report. I'm curious how the CM's will be. :)

rentayenta
10-15-2004, 10:36 AM
I would think, and could be wrong :rolleyes: , that the CMs will be great. I cannot imagine them intentionally being snotty over the holidays, or any other day. They will treat us how we treat them, like most people in the world.

Are you planning on visiting over the holidays too?

Oh and around the holidays my family is more like Dogs Playing Poker (in velvet) than a Norman Rockwell painting ;)

bandboy1985
10-15-2004, 07:40 PM
i wouldn't make that judgment. not all CMs get a choice of working or not working the holidays, and let's not forget that some guests during the holidays are especially terrible to deal with. mall mentality, anyone?

rentayenta
10-15-2004, 07:47 PM
The info that I got was from a CM and that is all that I can go off of. I would hope that the guests will remember that it's the CM's holiday too (if they celebrate Christmas because not everybody does) and to be respectful and give the same kindness that they expect in return.

derraj25
10-16-2004, 07:50 AM
This year, we are cash strapped. We had a huge work slow down and I went from 55 hrs/wk to 32, and have even been laid off for a week. So instead of buying our 4 children $100's in presents that they will either out-grow, quit playing with in a week, we decided to spend the first week of December in Disneyland (should be light park traffic and an unhurried atmosphere.)

With no extra "spending money" we will not be wasting time in the merchandise shops. Instead, we will have the opportunity to experience every attraction (something we have never done in one trip), see every show (again something we have never done in one trip), and just spend time together as a family this year. And to spend the time together without the TV, telephone, or the pressures of daily life will be Christmas time and money well spent.

rentayenta
10-16-2004, 08:18 AM
Ahhh, no phone would be present enough; does it ever stop ringing? ;)

derraj25, our reasons for visiting DL are similar. Our trip is a surprise so we are going through the usual writing letters to Santa etc.. When I asked my girls what they wanted for Christmas they couldn't think of hardly anything. One wants a bubble gum machine and the other wants an address book. Even with DL I can pull those tiny requests off. We will be there from the 20-26 and don't anticipate spending too much on souvenirs. Their grandparents are going to give them Disney dollars so they can buy what they want.

I think you are giving them a fabulous present. What dates will you be there?

derraj25
10-16-2004, 03:27 PM
I need to expand a little on my last post. We actually booked our trip this past July when "times were good!" We will be there Nov. 30 - Dec. 4. And my wife and I agree that having no extra "expendable" cash, will force us to do things we have never done before. Looking at that, I would like to find out how many times non-APers have been there, and what attractions have they never experienced.

Look for my new thread...I will title it, Just what haven't you done?

figmentspark
10-17-2004, 11:26 AM
I would think, and could be wrong :rolleyes: , that the CMs will be great. I cannot imagine them intentionally being snotty over the holidays, or any other day. They will treat us how we treat them, like most people in the world.If this is a closed topic, I'm sorry but I was there on Christmas Day 2 yrs ago and from what I saw, you're right. The CMs were awesome. They all seemed happy to be there.

rentayenta
10-17-2004, 04:58 PM
I'm so glad to hear that. I am going to carry a pen and paper to write down the names of the awesome CMs so I can give compliments before we go. I always mean to but by the end of the trip I have forgotten their names :(

I Heart Disneyland!
10-17-2004, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE

Oh and around the holidays my family is more like Dogs Playing Poker (in velvet) than a Norman Rockwell painting ;)[/QUOTE]

HILARIOUS!!!! :D I can't stop laughing at that one! HAHAH! (Maybe because my family growing up was the same!?!?!) Thanks for the chuckle!