PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question, well it might be? (Backpacks in the Parks)

twinmama1999
10-14-2004, 06:05 PM
Here's another one of my silly questions.

I've been thinking about what we should be taking with us from our hotel to the park each day and am thinking that at least either myself or my dh will have to carry a backpack.

Here's my question, can you go on the rides with a backpack? If we end up doing a rider switch with the kids, the person whose not going on the ride can hold the backpack, but what if all four of us are going at the same time?

I know there are lockers at the park, but I honestly can't see myself putting the backpack in the locker and then each time I need something going to get it. Do you know what I mean?

Okay, I told you it was a silly question. Sorry.

MrsG
10-14-2004, 06:12 PM
A normal sized backpack and you shouldn't have any problems.

kohl
10-14-2004, 06:14 PM
My husband and I always bring a backpack with us. We bring it on all the rides. We bring in snacks, water, hand wipes, sunscreen and we carry our camera and wallet in it.

sediment
10-14-2004, 06:18 PM
There aren't too many rides in DLrwhich a backpack will be a problem. Star Tours has new rules and the CMs there (hey Babe) are being strict.
Perhaps a column about personal items on rides is in order. Somebody important? Anyone? Hello?

MrsPooh
10-14-2004, 06:25 PM
I use a small backpack like purse when I go to DL and it works fine. Hold a lot of little things, and I usually took it off on rides and stowed it in the little net holder in front (or below) me.

Emma
10-14-2004, 06:33 PM
:laughs:

We get onto rides sometimes with an overstuffed backpack, a baby snugli, and a diaper bag.

You'll be fine. ;)

bduff
10-15-2004, 03:41 PM
I had a medium sized backpack that was stuffed pretty full. No problems anywhere. You do need to stick it under the seat on Soarin' and Star Tours, and I had to kind of jam it in there, but got it to fit. Also, a backpack can get wet on GRR (along with everything else), but usually that's not a problem for most backpacks.

Pirate Girl
10-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Also, a backpack can get wet on GRR (along with everything else), but usually that's not a problem for most backpacks.

There are coin lockers by GRR if you don't want to take your bag onto a wet ride.

disneyperson
10-15-2004, 05:37 PM
We always bring a small backpack for the two of us. Neither of us bring purses. We pack as light as possible, just a camera, water, money, and a small first aid bag.(aspirin,bandaids, purell) If we bring sweatshirts, we just tie them around our waists when it gets warm. I try to avoid the lockers, but when my kids were little, we used them because we had to bring so much other stuff.

Fozzie
10-15-2004, 06:14 PM
A standard backpack has never been a problem for me, either. Just limit the contents of your bag to what you really need, and you'll be fine. (Besides, you don't want to lug around too much extra weight all day anyway!)

Most rides allow you to just place the bag in your lap or at your feet - like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and most of the "dark rides."

Others (like Soarin' and Indiana Jones) have a pouch under or in front of your seat that you can stuff your bag into.

Wendi
10-15-2004, 06:15 PM
I always bring a backpack, but then I've got a stroller to leave it on when we ride... I keep a very small shoulder strap bag for my valuables to take with me on rides and everything else gets left behind. If I didn't have a stroller, I'd probably stuff it in a locker and just keep the small bag with me anyway. Man, now I'm wondering how I lived without a stroller before I had a child!!! hahaha

rentayenta
10-15-2004, 06:19 PM
I do what Wendi does. Take the valuables and leave the backpack with the stroller.

VickiC
10-15-2004, 09:22 PM
On the AstroOrbiter I have a tought itme squeezing on with both my kids let alone the backpack/diaperbag. It's never been a problem to just leave it right by the ride operator's booth and pick it up after the ride.

derraj25
10-16-2004, 07:24 AM
Not sure what your needs are, but every member of our family carries a fanny pack with our individual snacks, camera's etc. That saves your back, and you don't have to take it off when get on any attraction. Just slide it to a place that it is comfortable.

And as a professor at Oregon State once told me, the only dumb question is the one not asked. ;)

Hakuna Makarla
10-16-2004, 10:15 AM
I loved my back pack. I had never used one but really need to carry moneys and valuables with me. I bought a nice water proof one on sale for 5:00 and it worked great! I also took it on the water rides ( splash) and nothing got wet. I carried all my camera equipment also. it ties at the top of the pack, then the flap folds over, kept everything nice and dry. I put it below my stroller when I just walked around.

pisces
10-16-2004, 11:25 AM
I was wondering what I was going to do with my leftover Monte Cristo sandwich on New Years Eve.

Didn't think I wanted to carry it around all evening......and probably wouldn't be going back to my hotel room......since I might not be allowed back into the Park .....on the 31st.

And, the lockers are outside the Park. I believe you have to actually exit to get to a locker.

Bring a backpack! Although, I'm thinking the leftover Monte Cristo should be refrigerated :rolleyes: ???

Oh well.

A backpack is still a great idea!

Thanks.

SCUBAbe
10-16-2004, 11:34 AM
And, the lockers are outside the Park. I believe you have to actually exit to get to a locker.

Thanks.

there's lockers in the park..:)