PDA

View Full Version : Hotel question

derraj25
10-14-2004, 03:33 PM
We booked our trip thru our travel agent and she bought our trip thru United (airlines) vacations. We are staying at the Paradise Pier (as we always do.) This is the first time that our agent did not use the Walt Disney Travel co to book our trip. Since we did not book thru WDTC, will we get a below average room, or will it be first come first served. Our plane arrives at the OC airport mid morning and expect to be at the resort by noonish.

Thanks.

Susan L
10-14-2004, 05:29 PM
I'm not sure about that. We have always either booked our DL trips through AAA or Disney Travel Co. We have always requested a room type at booking and have always received the room type we requested. But, they also tell you that they cannot guarentee a room request. You might want to call PPH a couple of days before you arrive and ask what your chances are on getting a room request and you should request a upper level with a park view its the best. Then again you may have to up grade to that room if they already have you down for a standard view. The PPH is a nice hotel and has friendly service you should be pleased with whatever room you get. We have stayed there twice and really enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel and the service. Also I think you have a better chance of getting what you want the earlier you get there. You might have to wait for housekeeping to get your room ready but, theres plenty to keep you occupied while you are waiting.

There are a lot of nay sayers about the PPH but, I have never found the negative comments of other about this hotel to be ture in our experiences with PPH.

Emma
10-14-2004, 06:31 PM
No, I wouldn't worry about that at all. Just call the hotel the day before you check in to request the room type you want.

Also, if you can, check in as early as possible.

But the company you book through has nothing to do with it.