PDA

View Full Version : I just got off the phone with Vacation Planning... (Got Ressies for the DLR)

Pages : [1] 2

tlovesdis
10-14-2004, 10:17 AM
and I was able to make all of my reservations for our trip coming up in 51 days!

They are so nice there! I booked ESPN Zone, Ariel's Grotto, Tortilla Joe's, Blue Bayou, Rainforest Cafe, Plaza Inn Character Breakfast, Happiest Birthday Celebration, massages at Eureka Springs, a gift basket delivered to our room, autograph pics for the kids, and a birthday button for me!!!!

YIPEE!!!! 51 days to go!!!!!

Dlandmom
10-14-2004, 10:21 AM
How exciting!!!

sami869
10-14-2004, 10:29 AM
WOW, that's a lot of stuff. How many days are you going for?

rentayenta
10-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Excellente! I didn't know you could have them deliver a birthday button. I have to wait until Oct. 20 to make my ressies- 60 days out.

tlovesdis
10-14-2004, 10:40 AM
We'll be there for 5 days!

Yes, I was there two years ago for my birthday and my parents called to have flowers sent to me and they also sent a button, so this time I just asked for it for myself since I was booking fun stuff for my other travelers!!!!

tstan70
10-14-2004, 11:30 AM
we are going to be there Nov 28-Dec 3... Do you guys suggest making reservations for that week? We are still trying to decide which character dinning we will do. We don't plan on eating anywhere special on Sunday, Nov. 28 as we will just go in the evening to catch the Electrical parade and the fireworks.

I Heart Disneyland!
10-14-2004, 11:37 AM
Have a wonderful time!!! When my best friend (since we were 15) turned 40, I took her to DL for a week. We had a BLAST! They gave her a button too, and all day long, every CM that saw the button would say, "Happy Birthday Brenda" because it had her name on it. It was so fun for her! She cried several times that day because it was such a happy day for her to be turning 40 and be at DL! :D They really do make your birthday special, so, ENJOY being pampered!!!

tlovesdis
10-14-2004, 11:54 AM
I was there two years ago for my birthday and it was amazing! I wore the button on all 4 days of our trip and everyone was telling me happy birthday! I can't think of anyplace else I would want to spend my birthday!

I can't wait!

disneyscott
10-14-2004, 11:58 AM
I booked ESPN Zone, Ariel's Grotto, Tortilla Joe's, Blue Bayou, Rainforest Cafe, Plaza Inn Character Breakfast, Happiest Birthday Celebration, massages at Eureka Springs, a gift basket delivered to our room, autograph pics for the kids, and a birthday button

What would somthing like that cost?:confused: :rolleyes: :crying:

tlovesdis
10-14-2004, 12:30 PM
What would somthing like that cost?:confused: :rolleyes: :crying:

Do you mean for Vp to make the reservations for me? Nothing! I have a package booked with them for the Disneyland Hotel and they make your ressies for free.

The birthday party is $10 a person, Ariel's is about $20 a person, the basket we are getting for my cousin is $75, the Plaza Inn breakfast is part of our package, but I think we paid about $20 each, the pictures are free, the massages are around $60 each, and what we spend at the other places depends on what we order for lunch/dinner!

sediment
10-14-2004, 12:37 PM
She's cutting back by not including Vineyard Room, Granville's, Napa Rose, ...

tlovesdis
10-14-2004, 01:09 PM
I guess I should have mentioned that this is a very special trip celebrating not only my birthday, but my cousin has been fighting breast cancer since April and she will be all done with Chemo & radiation when we go. We are totally splurging on this trip! There are 3 adults and 3 kids. We are taking a limo to and from the airport & hotel, staying at the DLH, and just plain enjoying the heck out of this trip!!!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
10-14-2004, 01:57 PM
I never have used Vacation planning,,Did you find it to be truly efficient. I think this time I might. We will be staying at the DLH the 5-9 of december and celebrating several birthdays. I know my mother in law would love a birthday button.

got2travel
10-14-2004, 05:59 PM
I guess I should have mentioned that this is a very special trip celebrating not only my birthday, but my cousin has been fighting breast cancer since April and she will be all done with Chemo & radiation when we go. We are totally splurging on this trip! There are 3 adults and 3 kids. We are taking a limo to and from the airport & hotel, staying at the DLH, and just plain enjoying the heck out of this trip!!!

That is absolutely awesome. You enjoy the heck out of this trip. So glad to hear your cousin's a survivor.

BTW, we're neighbors, I'm in San Pablo.

sediment
10-14-2004, 06:02 PM
This sounds familiar. Did you post a while back about this?
Splurge away!

tlovesdis
10-14-2004, 07:50 PM
This sounds familiar. Did you post a while back about this?
Splurge away!

Yes! In April right after she had her masectomy, we surprised her by meeting her in Disneyland to celebrate her birthday. I'm pretty sure I posted about that! Now we are going again to celebrate her being all done with this mess!!!

tlovesdis
10-14-2004, 07:51 PM
I never have used Vacation planning,,Did you find it to be truly efficient. I think this time I might. We will be staying at the DLH the 5-9 of december and celebrating several birthdays. I know my mother in law would love a birthday button.

VP is great. If you are staying at a Disney hotel, you should definately take advantage of their services. Saves a lot of time and headaches!!!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
10-14-2004, 07:53 PM
thanks for starting this thread, I'm going to give them a call tomorrow

thinktink
10-14-2004, 08:20 PM
VP is great. If you are staying at a Disney hotel, you should definately take advantage of their services. Saves a lot of time and headaches!!!

Is VP only for DL Hotel guests to use?

kisroo
10-14-2004, 09:23 PM

Hey tlovesdis~never, ever apologize for splurging at DLR!!! That's what it's there for! ;)

My rules for DLR vacations: No diet, limited worries about $$$, no cares about work/home/other stresses.

Congrats to you and your cousin. Enjoy your wonderful trip and, hey, keep posting your details so I can live vicariously through you! :cool:
~kisroo:)

10-15-2004, 05:04 AM
never, ever apologize for splurging at DLR!!! That's what it's there for! ;)

My rules for DLR vacations: No diet, limited worries about $$$, no cares about work/home/other stresses.

Absolute agreement, kisroo!

tlovesdis
10-15-2004, 06:41 AM
Is VP only for DL Hotel guests to use?

Yes, it is only for Disney hotel guests.

tlovesdis
10-15-2004, 06:42 AM
Hey tlovesdis~never, ever apologize for splurging at DLR!!! That's what it's there for! ;)

Congrats to you and your cousin. Enjoy your wonderful trip and, hey, keep posting your details so I can live vicariously through you! :cool:
~kisroo:)

Thanks! I was starting to feel a little bad about posting the details, but I feel much better now!

I will continue to share with everyone and I will have one heck of a detailed report when we return!!!

calguy77
11-15-2004, 11:11 AM
what is the number to VP?

rentayenta
11-15-2004, 11:27 AM
(1714) 300-PLAN or you can email them at VacationPlanning@disney.com