PDA

View Full Version : What was the castle walk-thru?

Mommy2NicknMax
10-13-2004, 03:38 PM
I've seen this mentioned on the refurb list and read posts about it not re-opening. But what was it? I looked at Yesterland's website and didn't see it there. Just curious.

Susan L
10-13-2004, 05:23 PM
From what I remember as a kid you go up a staircase and at the end is a plaque that told you about Sleeping Beauty. We always thought it was lame and not much of anything. We always thought it would be cool if you could walk up the stairs and go outside and walk around the castle up top. They really need to do something better with the walk through if it ever comes back.

kisroo
10-13-2004, 05:32 PM
As you walked up the stairs, there were windows with little diaramas (sp??) (kinda like the ones in the Emporium windows with the little "dolls" made to look like the characters) with snipets of the Sleeping Beauty story. Each window had a different part of the story.

From what I remember, they played the music from the movie, too.

Corny...but I miss it... :crying:

CoasterChickie
10-13-2004, 05:33 PM
It was actually a series of dioramas that retold the story of Sleeping Beauty.
When I was a little girl I always wished I could miniaturize myself and go inside the scenes. It is an attraction that also stands out very clearly in my daughters' favorite memories of DL when they were little. I hope they keep it exactly the same.

Kisroo is right ...they played the music in some sections and you could here
Malificent saying "Touch the spindle, touch the spindle!" in her evil voice!

KarenW2
10-13-2004, 10:49 PM
in the original version of the walk-thru, there were some keyholes you could look into. One of them had "Mal" as her fire-breathing dragon self. Very scary!!

I liked the original version of the windows better than the ones with the "dolls". I also liked the tinkely (sp?) music that played when you came to the window and saw Aurora sleeping. The crackling fire sound when you came to the window with the burning spinning wheels was good too.

Here's hoping they restore this someday!

rentayenta
10-14-2004, 07:15 AM
The diorama walk-thru was actually one of my DD's favorite things about DL. She was so sad, for about 2 minutes, that we couldn't see it on our last trip.
I really liked it too but I also love IASW and the music.

sami869
10-14-2004, 08:22 AM
You can see a bunch of pictures of it here: http://www.mouseplanet.com/karl/sbcastle.htm

Susan L
10-14-2004, 10:53 AM
You can see a bunch of pictures of it here: http://www.mouseplanet.com/karl/sbcastle.htm

Wow I don't remember any of that stuff. Like I said it was a really looonnggg time ago when I went through it. But, even as a little girl it was never my favorite and I always wished there was more to it.

Mommy2NicknMax
10-14-2004, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the replies and for that link. Sorry I missed seeing it in person though. Sounds very cute.