PDA

View Full Version : Ramada Inn Main Gate

Mickey_Freak
10-13-2004, 05:34 AM
Hi Guys,

So I am hopping some one has stayed here. I just booked my stay and want to find out exactly how close it is to the front gates and if its a nice place to stay.

Thanks for the input

S

Sheila
10-13-2004, 09:46 AM
So I am hopping some one has stayed here. I just booked my stay and want to find out exactly how close it is to the front gates and if its a nice place to stay.

Here's the link in the MP Review System for the Ramada Inn Main Gate (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrramadainnmaingatesaga).

It's not as popular with the majority of our readers as some of the other walking distance hotels on Harbor Blvd.

Sheila

DLRCM
10-13-2004, 10:11 AM
I have stayed here before (Actually, this is the place my family and I stayed in when we come down to DLR for the last few years). It's pretty cheap, walking distance, and the rooms are pretty nice. Overall, I'd say the experience was good!

Emma
10-13-2004, 10:36 AM
I have never stayed at this hotel, but had a friend stay there, and said she killed cockroaches (sp?) in her room. I suppose that could happen in any hotel though.

As far as the location, it's a really really easy walk to the main gate. Not far at all. It's not right at the cross walk, but it's just a few hotels down. They have a pretty nice little mini mart there as well.

Earkid
10-13-2004, 12:31 PM
Just don't stay at the Ramada LTD that is North of Ball Rd on Harbor Blvd. OMG, never again. So bad that we left at 9 the next morning and moved the the Sheraton around the corner. Sometimes saving a little $$ isn't worth it.

*I must sit down and write my review of that motel, very scarey, must warn others.*

disneyperson
10-13-2004, 12:49 PM
the location is great, but I've avoided booking there because of negative reviews on this site and in TripAdvisor.

Mickey_Freak
10-13-2004, 12:56 PM
I have stayed here before (Actually, this is the place my family and I stayed in when we come down to DLR for the last few years). It's pretty cheap, walking distance, and the rooms are pretty nice. Overall, I'd say the experience was good!

Can I ask what walking distance is. WE are going to be bringing our 8th month old son and want to be as close as we can for quick trips back to the hotel. But still at a cost effective price. My son has special needs so a Close walk thats three blocks for me is going to kick my butt.

Thanks for the info

S

Mommy2NicknMax
10-13-2004, 01:15 PM
Here is a link to a map that shows the hotels and their location.

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

I've stayed at the BW Anaheim Inn (icky hotel) last December. I timed myself walking from my room to DCA. I made it in 6 minutes and that included bag checks and getting through the gate (no lines). It's real close.

I do think there are other hotels that are just as close (if not closer) and much nicer for about the same price. You may want to shop around.

Edited to add: I had originally booked this hotel but due to negative comments I switched to the BW Anaheim Inn (again, icky hotel).

sami869
10-13-2004, 01:29 PM
I stayed there once and didn't have any problems. It was clean, the staff was helpful and it's literally right across the street. If I saw a good price I'd definitly stay there again.

RemainSeatedPlease
10-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Ugh..we had the worst experiences at that hotel, paper thin walls...the tub was stained a grooosss blue color, the bed sheets were dirty..yuck...slow check in...reeeaally slow and we had booked 2 rooms next to eachother about 5 months ahead...and when we get there they had split our two rooms up...not just a few doors...in the other building!...and the fact that we woke up to cheerleaders practicing early in the morning didn't help. Mostly, for the price...u might as well just stay somewhere else....anywhere else....but that's just our experience.
Tropicana Inn, Park Place Inn or Park Vue Inn are the closest, and all very nice, and I'am sure you could find a good price at one of those.

GrumpyUTboi
10-13-2004, 07:56 PM
Mickey,

If you want close then GC is close and the Tropicanna is straight across the street. The Tropicanna is our choice due to our 2 and 3 year old kids.