PDA

View Full Version : Instead of Bay Area... DCA's Discovery Bay?

ModHatter
10-13-2004, 12:19 AM
All this Frontierland talk has exposed me to Discovery Bay for the first time. You'd think I was a newbie!

Anyway, as I read the description on this page:
http://www.dlp-guidebook.de/Specials/F-Files/ImagineeringTributes/ImagineeringTributesII.htm
I thought, this just has to be the replacement for DCA's sad little Bay Area/Pacific Wharf.

Knock out Bug's Life/Land, and most of Timon and Pumbaa. Extending from the current "hub" south, create a reflecting pool with walkways on either side. At the south end, build a mock-up of Angel Island, which you would then see upon entering the Golden Gate.

From there, you have a Gold Rush ride using the Maelstrom boats so you can float down the river like a fleck of gold and even spin backwards. You have the Chinatown firework factory, like an improved RocknRollercoaster with side-mount tracks so you can do barrel rolls like a bottle rocket, and maybe the indoor coaster actually "shoots" outside the building.

Of course, you could also use some of the basic Discovery Bay ideas on the north side of the PP lagoon (that doesn't sound nice when I say it like that), and then you could do the tall ships in the water, and the lighthouse, I just don't know if there would be ample space.

NorCalDisney
10-13-2004, 07:10 AM
Better idea--get rid of the whole California theme and just see the REAL Bay Area.

DCACM
10-13-2004, 07:43 AM
All this Frontierland talk has exposed me to Discovery Bay for the first time. You'd think I was a newbie!

Anyway, as I read the description on this page:
http://www.dlp-guidebook.de/Specials/F-Files/ImagineeringTributes/ImagineeringTributesII.htm
I thought, this just has to be the replacement for DCA's sad little Bay Area/Pacific Wharf.

Knock out Bug's Life/Land, and most of Timon and Pumbaa.

Route 66 across the bay is the more likely candidate for something so ambitious. That area (Golden Dreams to Mulholland Madness) was designed for a 5 year lifespan and its currently in its 4th year...

ModHatter
10-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Route 66 across the bay is the more likely candidate for something so ambitious. That area (Golden Dreams to Mulholland Madness) was designed for a 5 year lifespan and its currently in its 4th year...

I'm surprised they thought it would even last the five years. But yeah, that's where I initially thought it should go. Still, at some point DCA will need to ditch or majorly re-queue ttbab in favor of a deeper plaza and a weenie to draw people into the park.