PDA

View Full Version : White DL napkins return to the park

Pages : [1] 2

Darkbeer
10-12-2004, 09:19 PM
The old "brown" napkins are history, we have WHITE!!!

Bascially two colors on the logo, a truly white napkin, with a Blue Disneyland Resort, plus in purple, a castle with fireworks, and below "DLR"... The Happiest Place on Earth"....

RemainSeatedPlease
10-12-2004, 09:49 PM
aw, I really like the brown napkins...but if the white ones are nice....

Darkbeer
10-12-2004, 09:54 PM
Here is a photo...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/250183/1/9784486/Large

Lekta
10-12-2004, 10:27 PM
The old "brown" napkins are history, we have WHITE!!!

Bascially two colors on the logo, a truly white napkin, with a Blue Disneyland Resort, plus in purple, a castle with fireworks, and below "DLR"... The Happiest Place on Earth"....

LOL, this is the only site were one might be excited to see a headline of "Brown DL Napkins now white" and actually click the post to see the details... hehe :D

As always, Darkbeer, you humble us with your knowledge. I am not sure if many folks have thanked you for your time and effort in letting us, who only get to see the park on a rare occasion, actually feel as though we visit the park more often, as we know the intimate details of the refurbs/closings/etc. due to your reports.

Thank you Dark! We all appreciate you :)

SoCalDude
10-12-2004, 10:33 PM
I like those better - never did like brown napkins no matter where they were.

DisneylandForever
10-12-2004, 10:48 PM
I would be happy to answer any Oregon real estate questions anyone might have.

I don't have any real estate questions, but maybe you can tell me why the H-E-double hocky sticks it's illegal to pump your own gas in the state of Oregon? :confused:

Oh yeah, and I like those white napkins better too!

RagtimePrince
10-12-2004, 11:01 PM
Nice napkins, but the brown ones pretty certainly used lots of post-consumer recycled waste, which is pretty magically environment-friendly stuff. ;)

Those are some darn fine napkins though, two tone color and everything. Makes me want to just grab a little dispenser and start pulling and counting.

I Heart Disneyland!
10-13-2004, 12:50 AM
Here is a photo...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/250183/1/9784486/Large

VERY COOL INFO! I admit, I take TONS of DL napkins when I am there each year. I stock up for the time between visits. We are so dorky, we use DL napkins when we eat dinner at home. (ha) I love that the new napkins have the old saying of, "Happiest Place On Earth" since I miss that old sign SO much! Thanks for the preview!!! Anyone want to send me a pile of napkins? ;)

I Heart Disneyland!
10-13-2004, 12:51 AM
[QUOTE=DisneylandForever]I don't have any real estate questions, but maybe you can tell me why the H-E-double hocky sticks it's illegal to pump your own gas in the state of Oregon? :confused:

GOOD QUESTION! (The non real estate, but, gas pumping question.) I wondered that too when I went down there once from Seattle. What a weird rule!!!

LOVE the new napkins too!

poohray
10-13-2004, 01:15 AM
White napkins use hundreds thousands of tons of extra water in bleaching process and also during the process creates one of the most harmful toxins known and documented. :eek:

FantasmicFanatic
10-13-2004, 01:55 AM
I'm sorry, am I drunk? Are we really talking about NAPKINS?!?!?!?!?!? I mean, OMG. We can do better here ppl! Hrmmmmmm, ok, I've got one: Speakers. Yes, what brand of speakers does DL use? JBL maybe? Anyone know? Much better than napkins :-D

-FF

spectromen
10-13-2004, 07:53 AM
Hopefully they'll do special ones for the 50th like they've done for past anniversaries. Now, if they'd just restore real china to the Plaza Inn and Pavilion (if it reopens)!

DISNEYloon
10-13-2004, 08:03 AM
[QUOTE=Lekta]LOL, this is the only site were one might be excited to see a headline of "Brown DL Napkins now white" and actually click the post to see the details... hehe :D

OMG! I was thinking EXACTLY the samething!!!!!! Hilarious!
Thanks for the info on the napkins, I love the white! and YES, thank you DARKBEER! I won't get to DRL til December 2005, so this gives me my 'fix'.

Lekta
10-13-2004, 08:44 AM
[QUOTE=DisneylandForever]I don't have any real estate questions, but maybe you can tell me why the H-E-double hocky sticks it's illegal to pump your own gas in the state of Oregon? :confused:

I myself have wondered that, however, the only rational explanation is that the state wants to keep as many folks employed as possible, thus having a gas pumper. Not sure if that's it, but, it annoys me nonetheless.

Mommy2NicknMax
10-13-2004, 09:01 AM

I myself have wondered that, however, the only rational explanation is that the state wants to keep as many folks employed as possible, thus having a gas pumper. Not sure if that's it, but, it annoys me nonetheless.

We actually asked while we were passing through from Seattle. The guy said it was to keep people employed and also to cut down on insurance costs. Don't know how true that all is. We did have a chuckle at his expense though about the keeping people employed part. Him and the other guy were just sitting around when we showed up. They must work REALLY hard. :rolleyes:

Tambour
10-13-2004, 12:55 PM
... Speakers. Yes, what brand of speakers does DL use? JBL maybe? Anyone know? Much better than napkins :-D

-FF

EAW Mostly. I doubt you would ever see a JBL cab anywhere in the resort.

disneyperson
10-13-2004, 01:19 PM
a thread about napkins! Are we geeks or what? I can't talk, I still have a couple of napkins from the 25th anniversary celebration. (and some straws too sigh) They didn't have much to sell with the logo on them , ok?

The Mouse Is Back
10-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Am I the only one who hates that they're tacking "Resort" onto everything?

I've seen some merchandise I would have purchased, some of it on the pricey side, but I've passed on it because of that "Resort" thing. DL and DCA are separate entities, IMO. It's nice to have the "Happiest Place On Earth" back, but not like this. You'd think they could come up with some new and different tag line for DCA, wouldn't ya?

Yeap...that really irks me.

But, on topic - YAY! White napkins again, YAY!

-Allegra-

Mickeyslittlehelper
10-13-2004, 02:20 PM

I've seen some merchandise I would have purchased, some of it on the pricey side, but I've passed on it because of that "Resort" thing. DL and DCA are separate entities, IMO. It's nice to have the "Happiest Place On Earth" back, but not like this. You'd think they could come up with some new and different tag line for DCA, wouldn't ya?

-Allegra-
I dont like the idea of "resort" on all of the stuff. If there were two t-shirts (one fore each park) I would most likely buy both :) Its bad how they try to say that DCA is part of the DLR. If they let it be on its own it would have a better chance and probably get more attendance; let it grow up on its own :)

<derail: the form you use to send in pictures for the 50th asks "have you visited DCA" lol :) /derail>

I really like the looks of this new napkin. I collect as many brochures as I can, and I bring home napkins to use with dinner also. Our trips are usually over a year apart (which means we need to get quite a few :) )

mousetrap adam
10-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Nice napkins, but the brown ones pretty certainly used lots of post-consumer recycled waste, which is pretty magically environment-friendly stuff.
There's a Mickey-headed "recycling" logo on the back, which means we can probably assume they're either partially or wholly made from recycled waste. So they're still environmentally-friendly in that regard, but...

White napkins use hundreds (of) thousands of tons of extra water in bleaching process and also during the process creates one of the most harmful toxins known and documented.
That's more or less the thought that was running through my head when I saw them this morning, making them seem all-in-all rather unenvironmentally-friendly... maybe they're manufactured using a bleachless process that none of us are aware of?

But even if they are bleached, there's clearly no shortage of white paper anyway: white plain paper, white ruled paper, white toilet paper, white index cards, white invitations, white envelopes, white book pages, etc... plus there's plenty of businesses out there that see no problem with distributing white napkins. Why blame the DLR for following the crowd? [/dark sarcasm]

I do like the design, though. Major improvement.

-Mo

David Disney
10-13-2004, 02:58 PM
These new napkins are a lot classier than the old "fake" looking brown napkins.

I know I'll be taking a roll of these home next time I go to work!

I Heart Disneyland!
10-13-2004, 03:03 PM

Yeap...that really irks me.

But, on topic - YAY! White napkins again, YAY!

-Allegra-

TOTALLY AGREE! I wish "RESORT" wasn't on everything too. I have some old Disneyland bags (yep, geek here too) and they don't mention DCA, and don't say resort. Sigh...I kinda miss the old days!

I Heart Disneyland!
10-13-2004, 03:05 PM
These new napkins are a lot classier than the old "fake" looking brown napkins.

I know I'll be taking a roll of these home next time I go to work!

Oh, oh! I want a roll too!!!! :D I CANNOT wait to get back to DL next year!!!

Mickeyslittlehelper
10-13-2004, 04:48 PM
a roll??

Justin'sMom
10-13-2004, 08:16 PM
Hi there,
I haven't posted on these boards before, and I'm seriously questioning my sanity about posting about napkins, but here it goes. :D

The company I work for (a State of California agency) has a contract with Disney for its environmentality award. Basically its a contract about recycled materials and the like. There are new processes out there to have recycled "white" paper (or napkins) without the harmful and wasteful methods of the past.

I haven't seen the new napkins yet (we go just above a month yay!) but I'm sure that if they have the recycled information on the back that they are the same "environmentality friendly" product, they've just come up with new methods.

Ok I'll stop now. I'm sure work would love to hear this! :) Just wanted to make sure everyone know Disney is still doing its part.

Oh, and in case my work does see this I in no way officially represent Disney, or my employer for that matter (at least when I'm on these boards!) ;)