PDA

View Full Version : Annual Passport Question

Mythgard
10-12-2004, 08:01 PM
I want to purchase an annual pass for use on 5/4/2004 onward - can I purchase one now, and wait to use it, or does it start 365 days from the date of purchase? I had an annual pass before, but allowed it to expire because I would not be visiting for a while, but used the old pass immediately so have no idea of the answer. If you guys help, it would be great!! :D :D :D

DLRCM
10-12-2004, 08:19 PM
I'm not sure if you mean 5/4/05 or not, but you can only buy up to 4 months in advance. I bought a pass for my mom a few months ago, and basically they give you a ticket with an activation date on it. You MUST activate your pass by this date or it would no longer be valid, usually the date is four months from the date of purchase.

TimBuk2
10-12-2004, 08:25 PM
I believe it gives you 90 days to enter the gate and get the photo and pass. Then day 1 is the day you walk in, not from the purchase date. Might as well wait.

SoCalDude
10-12-2004, 10:23 PM
we JUST got a SoCal pass for our daughter from the Disney Store here in San Diego and they said we had 30 days to use it or we lost it and could not get a refund on it.

BUT it says on the ticket that it must be used within 3 months of purchase, so I have no idea why they told us that at the store. So I dunno if the 'no refund' thing is true, but we have no plans on finding out ;)

And I just noticed whil looking at the pass there is no date on the ticket that I can see.. we better write down the date we got it, lol.

Mythgard
10-13-2004, 11:28 AM

Forbin
10-13-2004, 12:05 PM
we JUST got a SoCal pass for our daughter from the Disney Store here in San Diego and they said we had 30 days to use it or we lost it and could not get a refund on it.

BUT it says on the ticket that it must be used within 3 months of purchase, so I have no idea why they told us that at the store. So I dunno if the 'no refund' thing is true, but we have no plans on finding out ;)

And I just noticed whil looking at the pass there is no date on the ticket that I can see.. we better write down the date we got it, lol.
The 30 days was refund from the Disney Store. They have a 30 day refund policy.

The 3 months was entrance to Disneyland...3 months pass and you can't use it to get in.

TrekkieDad
10-13-2004, 06:07 PM
I answered this in another thread. The Deluxe AP "certificates" that I got by mail must be activated before 1/3/05.

Tutter
10-27-2004, 04:38 AM
I have a different question - and it really is do you recommend I buy a Premium Annual Passport?

Here is my situation:

I live in Scotland, my partner is a So Cal resident.

I will next be going to LA at xmas - but then not until July for 2 1/2 months. I would like us both to visit Disneyland without thinking "oh it's a blockout day we can't" and we may pop in for an hour one evening etc.

Does it make sense then for me to buy 2 Premium Annual Passports? and I am right in thinking it would include parking costs as well?

Kitsune_SD
10-27-2004, 06:21 AM
The Premium pass is the only one that comes with parking included. You can add parking to the other passes for an additional fee ($49 , I believe). From your description of your situation it sounds like a Premium may be the best pass for you. I'd suggest that you take a look at the blockout days and discounts on Premium vs. Deluxe and see what will work out better. Myself, I've had Deluxe or Premuim and almost never went on days that the Deluxe was blocked out when I did have the Premium... right now I have the Deluxe, but I miss the few extra benefits of the Premium pass!

TimBuk2
10-27-2004, 06:40 AM
the Premium also gets you the discounts for food and merchandise. if you plan to go on weekends, and have to park there anyway, Premium is the way to go.

Check with the park, but I think once you buy the pass, you have to go inside to get the hard card within 90 days.

Tutter
10-27-2004, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the replies. I would intend to buy the AP once I get there and so get the hard card immediately.

Kitsune_SD - I suspect I may not use it on blockout days, but somehow just want that freedom of just in case.

I seem to have talked myself into it don't I?

(I also suspect that it will make me feel like the ultimate in a proper Disneyland fan - *red face*) :D