PDA

View Full Version : ok, what the heck is going on this weekend?

Christiii
10-12-2004, 12:38 PM
Sheeeesh!!! Ive got to come Friday thru Monday, and I cant get a room for Sat!! my beloved Hojo isa sold out, so are the disney properties..I can get rooms for every nite but Sat..which doesnt help much. Is there wsomething big going on that I missed??
I have to come THIS weekend too darn it...my bro is taking off on a sailing voyage to baja and this is the last time my mom can see he before he sails into the wild blue yonder...she is freaking out and going to KIIIILLLLL me if she cant get to see him...yeeeps!!! :eek:

CoasterChickie
10-12-2004, 12:43 PM
Try calling just before your trip because people sometimes cancel their reservations at the last minute.

We stayed at the Sheraton on Friday and Saturday night and were able to get into the Paradise Pier Hotel at a very good rate of $119 on Sunday night.

sediment
10-12-2004, 12:44 PM
Calm down, calm down.
You just need to expand your range of geographical acceptability.

Christiii
10-12-2004, 12:49 PM
well, I just really dont want to stay too far away..Ive never had this happen before!! The problem with waiting is that the hojo had rooms for me on Fri and Sun...but trying to move for one nite would suuuuuuuck..Sat we have to be on a boat to Catalina early and dont get home till late...Im starting to hyperventilate

CoasterChickie
10-12-2004, 12:53 PM
Have you called the Sheraton? It was very nice. The rooms were huge, the beds were extremely comfortable, the castle decor is really cool, and the grounds are very pretty. We took the shuttle bus to DL and it was very prompt and only took about 5 minutes to get there and back.

DisneylandForever
10-12-2004, 01:12 PM
Chris - just did an Orbitz search. The Desert Inn is only 69 a night! That place is usually around 100 (depending on the time of year, of course) - It is a very nice 2 star (some say it's a 3 star), and it's right across the street!

Christiii
10-12-2004, 01:17 PM
whew!!! thanks for the advice DF!!! Willie came thru for me at the Hojo..yeah Willie!!! my entertainment rate was closed which suuuucks but I still got a pretty good rate...gosh I guess its gonna be crowded this weekend :rolleyes: I was thinking the weekend after columbus day wouldnt be too bad. Oh well..I cant wait...I havent been since July and Im having withdrawls...I also have tix for the filming King of Queens for Friday nite..that should be good....anyone planning a trip to DL should get tix for their fav shows..they are free and really fun!!!

Dr. G
10-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Sheeeesh!!! Ive got to come Friday thru Monday, and I cant get a room for Sat!! my beloved Hojo isa sold out, so are the disney properties..I can get rooms for every nite but Sat..which doesnt help much. Is there wsomething big going on that I missed??

Could be the Produce Marketing Association that's crowding things up. Estimated attendance of 16,000. Here's a site to check conventions:

http://www.anaheimoc.org/convcalendar/index.cfm?mnth=10&yr=2004#top

Glad you found something for Saturday night!