PDA

View Full Version : Looking Good, Disneyland Resort

10-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Just returned from my first visit since 1998. What a difference six years makes!

The place is now clean and painted and dusted. It made me so happy to see Disneyland looking so fabulous. And the CMs were so friendly, if not downright chatty! What a pleasure it all was.

Absolute favorite visual memory: sitting with mad4mky on a bench by the Partners statue, roses in bloom, castle in Cristo wrap, and thinking I'm so lucky to be here.

Had one of those moments at the DLR lately?

swps
10-12-2004, 11:48 AM
I was there all last week with my wife and kids. It was great as you said. I loved every single day and I look forward to next year, with the return of Space Mountain and the arrival of Buzz.

Couldn't have been a better trip, perfect weather, almost no crowds, and an excellent holiday haunted mansion (I wish they left it like that year round)

-swps

CoasterChickie
10-12-2004, 11:52 AM
The Haunted Mansion on Saturday morning. We walked through the line s-l-o-w-l-y- trying to take in all the details. It feels so fall-ish and so Christmas-y at the same time. They did a great job making everything look scary and beautiful at the same time. We had to go back at night to see all the pumpkins on the hill lit-up. The candles look so realistic!! I said to my hubby "We live on a hill. We need to buy a bunch of pumpkins and do this at home!)

TimBuk2
10-12-2004, 12:19 PM
I was there Sun Oct 3 and was surprised to see so much going on at once for the 50th prep. We were part of the CHOC WALK early in the morning and decided since there were so many places closed, we wouldn't spend the extra money to visit the park during operating hours. It wasn't worth it.

Yes, I agree, what they have done so far is very nice and I can't wait to see how the Castle turns out. I'll be there for the July 17th celebration...IT WILL BE CROWDED !!

sediment
10-12-2004, 12:20 PM
"Dear Cast Member Matt:..."

Dlandmom
10-12-2004, 12:27 PM
"Dear Cast Member Matt:..."
Ain't that the truth?!

sediment
10-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Ain't that the truth?!
Careful, I hear the loud stomps of playa-haytas a'commin.

CarlieB
10-12-2004, 12:50 PM
57 days to go...57 days to go...you guys aren't making this easy you know...:D

Disneyfreak
10-12-2004, 12:54 PM
The Haunted Mansion on Saturday morning. We walked through the line s-l-o-w-l-y- trying to take in all the details. It feels so fall-ish and so Christmas-y at the same time. They did a great job making everything look scary and beautiful at the same time. We had to go back at night to see all the pumpkins on the hill lit-up. The candles look so realistic!! I said to my hubby "We live on a hill. We need to buy a bunch of pumpkins and do this at home!)

Want flickering lights exactly like the haunted mansion? Here you go: http://www.hauntmasterproducts.com/18.html

Unfortunately they are closed until Nov 22nd due to the high volume of orders. So buy one for next year.

sdfilmcritic
10-13-2004, 12:01 AM
Just returned from my first visit since 1998. What a difference six years makes!
:eek: :eek: :eek: How can you go for so long without Disneyland?

DISNEYloon
10-13-2004, 12:03 PM

LOL, I feel the SAME WAY!

there's a gal here at work.......she's 29 and has NEVER been to DisneyLand or WDW or any "Disney" places. She said she not 'interested'. LOL I just chalk it up to NOT having a clue!

She says it seems soooo commerical. LOL

Heaven help her!

David Disney
10-13-2004, 03:02 PM
Working at Disneyland for the past year and a half has been interesting...

I've watched my "laughing place" go from (and I hate to use this word) dumpy to pristine again.

The excitement!

Tutter
10-13-2004, 03:39 PM

I was thinking that. :D Geez I live on a different continent around the world but the longest I go is 5 months LOL and that is very rare to be that long. LOL

10-13-2004, 04:32 PM

I'm married to a Disney muggle's muggle. This trip to Disneyland was my first vacation without Mr. 3894 (We'll be celebrating our 16th anniversary soon.)

SallySkellington
10-13-2004, 07:22 PM
LOL, I feel the SAME WAY!

there's a gal here at work.......she's 29 and has NEVER been to DisneyLand or WDW or any "Disney" places. She said she not 'interested'. LOL I just chalk it up to NOT having a clue!

She says it seems soooo commerical. LOL

Heaven help her!

This person needs help, STAT!

We must assimilate her, we must make her part of our collective. Resistance is futile.

:|

What? Why are you all looking at me like that?

-SS (the girl who's looking forward a little too much to Borg Invasion)

sdfilmcritic
10-13-2004, 11:02 PM
I'm married to a Disney muggle's muggle. This trip to Disneyland was my first vacation without Mr. 3894 (We'll be celebrating our 16th anniversary soon.)
A regular Disney Scrooge? I got two of those in my family.